Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

Damn, no longer will I see him in a TV show that confuses the fuck out of me and seems very unappealing when I accidentally tune in to watch "Family Guy" five minutes early each night.

So yesterday, at the Oscars they celebrated 50 years of The Sound of Music. Julie Andrews was there. Christopher Plummer was not.

Two points of added information, off the top of my head:

1) Plummer is still acting full time, he has four or five films either filming or in post-production currently.

2) He really, really, really hates The Sound of Music.

For Julie Andrews most people just remember her from Sound of Music or Mary Poppins whereas Plummer's been working solidly on at least a couple of movies a year playing a variety of roles. But because he plays a variety of roles you don't generally automatically see him and think "oh that's the guy from Sound of Music". Andrews usually plays characters where there's a passing reference to Sound of Music or Mary Poppins, or she's parodying either character.

Yeah, but she had a spell of getting fed up with that and countered the cute image by getting her tits out on screen, didn't she?

That was in 1981 in the film S.O.B.

I thought it was Victor/Victoria?

You see, I also thought she got her baps out in "Victor/Victoria", but apparently memory was playing tricks on me. Thankfully, the internet's got us covered:

cVKyOTL.png

• Like 1

So yesterday, at the Oscars they celebrated 50 years of The Sound of Music. Julie Andrews was there. Christopher Plummer was not.

Two points of added information, off the top of my head:

1) Plummer is still acting full time, he has four or five films either filming or in post-production currently.

2) He really, really, really hates The Sound of Music.

For Julie Andrews most people just remember her from Sound of Music or Mary Poppins whereas Plummer's been working solidly on at least a couple of movies a year playing a variety of roles. But because he plays a variety of roles you don't generally automatically see him and think "oh that's the guy from Sound of Music". Andrews usually plays characters where there's a passing reference to Sound of Music or Mary Poppins, or she's parodying either character.

Yeah, but she had a spell of getting fed up with that and countered the cute image by getting her tits out on screen, didn't she?

That was in 1981 in the film S.O.B.

I thought it was Victor/Victoria?

You see, I also thought she got her baps out in "Victor/Victoria", but apparently memory was playing tricks on me. Thankfully, the internet's got us covered:

cVKyOTL.png

Sterling detective work Spade, I trust a well deserved lie down in a darkened room followed!

More like Mary Pops-out then?

someone to observe: Screenwriter Harriet Frank Jr. rushed to Hospital...exact reason unknown.

• Like 2

someone to observe: Screenwriter Harriet Frank Jr. rushed to Hospital...exact reason unknown.

Being 98 may be playing a role. Just sayin

SC

Although it makes me unhappy to say this I think 2016 might be a good time to start thinking about Tom Baker.

Former alcoholic, beginning to look a little doddery it would be a massive day if he were to go and we would not want to miss our share of it.

He might even appreciate the 'honour'

Maybe not for 2016 (she'll only be turning 76), but Queen Margrethe II of Denmark is a chain smoker. That can't be good for her health.

• Like 1

Former Church of Scotland assembly moderator Rev Sandy McDonald, 77, is terminally ill with pulmonary fibrosis. Nailed on obit, not just because of his own career, but as he is the father of one David Tennant.

How about adding some well known terrorists to the list? Since they have a dangerous job there's a very good chance that they'll die.

How about adding some well known terrorists to the list? Since they have a dangerous job there's a very good chance that they'll die.

That would have an additional advantage that we wouldn't have to have guilt feelings for hoping for their death (since it'd benefit normal people). I'd go ahead and say that Jihadi John (Mohammad Emwazi), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (ISIS) and Abubakar Shekau (Boko Haram) would be decent candidates.

They are actively being hunted, they are famous enough for a guaranteed obit. Of course, the chance of success would be somewhat lower than for the top candidates (say, 99.99% for Sam Simon), but people could freely celebrate their demise without any second thoughts.

Add Obama to the actively hunted terrorist list then, and , hopefully Blair/Bush etc.

Doesn't just mean the yanks have to be the hunters...

Surely now a candidate: all of what's left of Russia's opposition.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/01/russias-opposition-who-is-left-to-take-on-vladimir-putin

To those above, you could also add the Pussy Riot girls, Ilya Yashin, Sergei Guriev, maybe Mikhail Prokhorov, Gennady Zyuganov or Yevgeniya Chirikova. I'm not sure it's enough for a theme team.

Do we have a SUICIDES forum? It seems that's an obvious one, or an obvious oversight. We've had a nice string of em this week, would like to gather em all up. Don't want to start a new forum should one exist.

SC

According to his opponent's spokesman, Nigerian presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhari has prostate cancer, acute asthma AND dementia:

http://pulse.ng/politics/femi-fani-kayode-buhari-has-cancer-asthma-dementia-pdp-spokesperson-says-id3527102.html

Could be why he's thugging his way through the campaign. That's crazy...after 6 of Pres Goodluck Jonathan's body guards got beat up, it was HE I put on my watch list. Never expected the culprit should be there too!

SC

Do we have a SUICIDES forum? It seems that's an obvious one, or an obvious oversight. We've had a nice string of em this week, would like to gather em all up. Don't want to start a new forum should one exist.

SC

Suicide (By Chainsaw) is perhaps the closest.

What about film director Lewis Gilbert (James Bond, Alfie,...) ? for my opinion he would be a good choice for DL 2016.

• Like 2

What about film director Lewis Gilbert (James Bond, Alfie,...) ? for my opinion he would be a good choice for DL 2016.

At 94 he's certainly no spring chicken.

I'd suggest Bobbi Kristina Brown if she makes it till next year. Doesn't look so good right now, but it might be a possibility.