themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Not a survivor any more then.

• Like 4

Just over three years after unsuccessfully dying from shooting himself in the head.... Daniel von Bargen

Sorry but how does one unsuccessfully shoot themselves in the head? Either they hit the target or they didn't.

SC

He shot himself in the head but didn't inflict a fatal wound. It's fairly simple to deduce. that's what he meant but didn't say
On a point of pedantry he was successful in shooting himself in the head. I have to go with SC on this one. Did I just say that? :huh:

Clearly it was a fair ribbing but I am enjoying ferreting out those who have OCPD around here.

SC

Oklahoma City Police Department?

Just over three years after unsuccessfully dying from shooting himself in the head.... Daniel von Bargen

Sorry but how does one unsuccessfully shoot themselves in the head? Either they hit the target or they didn't.

SC

He shot himself in the head but didn't inflict a fatal wound. It's fairly simple to deduce. that's what he meant but didn't say
On a point of pedantry he was successful in shooting himself in the head. I have to go with SC on this one. Did I just say that? :huh:

Clearly it was a fair ribbing but I am enjoying ferreting out those who have OCPD around here.

SC

I thought it was what Nimoy died from.

• Like 1

SC

SC

I thought it was what Nimoy died from.

No, it was a certain Terence Walker. Nimoy was a pale dyslexic shadow of it. :P

"Playgirl Centerfold, Celebrity Trainer Dirk Shafer Found Dead In His Car" "Shafer wrote, directed and starred in Man of the Year, a 1995 mockumentary about his time as a semi-closeted gay man in the role of a heterosexual sex symbol. Shafer's next directorial project was Circuit, a fictional look at the world of gay male circuit parties."

I'd post photos but some of you might find those too exciting or complain that I should have posted them in another thread!

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/03/06/playgirl-centerfold-celebrity-trainer-dirk-shafer-found-dead-in-his-car/

[edited]

Having not reviewed the 1815 forums beforehand, I've taken a chance that no one has posted this, only to find someone has and I am a complete ass for Reposting.

And now for something completely the same....

Harve Bennett who directed Stat Trek movies is deceased. That's three MAJOR Star Trek names in five days. That seems unprecedented in coincidence of any group of people. Amazing.

Sir C

Really? It's been hours and I'm first? Fine by me

Harve Bennett who directed Stat Trek movies is deceased. That's three MAJOR Star Trek names in five days. That seems unprecedented in coincidence of any group of people. Amazing.

Sir C

I don't mind people posting things double and let that slight most of the time, but then also claiming you are the first to post it without properly checking I feel is just arrogant...

It was already posted in the Star Trek-thread yesterday...

Really? It's been hours and I'm first? Fine by me

Sir C

I don't mind people posting things double and let that slight most of the time, but then also claiming you are the first to post it without properly checking I feel is just arrogant...

It was already posted in the Star Trek-thread yesterday...

And also now in the Leonard Nimoy thread but to be fair this was after Sir C's post.

All I can do is fire a name in the search box, I don't know the plethora of forums here, and I've apologized in the past for a few repostings. I honestly don't know what else you want me to do. If I don't see it, I don't see it. The 'Dead of 2015' needs to be the clearinghouse, if y'all want to moan cuz you posted 'in Star Trek forum' then moan away. I'm not 11 years old and it's just not that important to publish first, whereas I see it's terribly important to others. My post clearly shows astonishment I couldn't find your buried post. Post everything twice (once in Deaths of 2015) and you'll never have another duplication again. From anyone. I promise. You chose to post your vital information once, in a Star Trek thread instead of here. Suffer the children...

Yours etc

A non-arrogant SC

It's a good thing he wasn't under 45 and Dutch or you'd claim I was responsible to check each and every one of those threads to see if the person posting decided it belonged in Death of 2015, Dutch folks, Under 45, or Star Trek before deciding it was 'ok' to post the link I took time out of my life to bring to all that visit here. To that end you get a 2-finger salute.

• Like 1

As I stated before I have NO problem what so ever with people posting things double (on two diffirent places)... I have a problem that you find it so important that you where the first one to post it... Do you really have to announce that and stuff...

Also I didn't post the obit in the Star Trek-thread, Bibliogryphon did...

Vaagheid I've amended my post I presume to your liking. If I can be of further assistance PM me.

SC

Only recently I noticed that the search function has one peculiarity. It reduces the search to the board you're currently in. So if you want to search the whole forum you need to be on the main page. If you search in this thread for a name, you search in this thread only.

Fred Latremouille, Canadian radio DJ from BC (my province) passed away March 6 (age 69). He is unfortunately imfamous for being one of our former BC premier's drinking buddy prior to said premier's drunk driving arrest though his legacy is greater than that incident. I remember listening to Fred and Cathy in the mornings. I even had a couple of dates with one of Fred's producers back in the 80's.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/fred-latremouille-longtime-vancouver-radio-host-dead-at-69-1.2984244

I searched for the name and a thread on radio and found neither. I hope this is the right place to post. *fingers crossed*

Vaagheid I've amended my post I presume to your liking. If I can be of further assistance PM me.

SC

Try this. Albert Maysles died a couple of days ago (getting permanent shelter). See if you can find the post work out the joke through typing his name in search when you're on the main forum page.

Guest Guest

Hugh Walters, character actor from Survivors, Dr Who etc, death announced. http://memorials.co-operativefuneralcare.co.uk/memorial/02-13-2015-HughThornton-Walters

Hugh Walters death means that Tom Baker is pretty much the only surviving actor from The Deadly Assassin, which Doctor Who fans will know was the only story that had no companion in it !

PS feel free to move this post to the DR Who thread if you want

The actress Suzanne Farrington has died at 81.She was the daughter of Vivien Leigh http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11457490/Suzanne-Farrington-Vivien-Leighs-daughter-obituary.html

Yes it's nit-pick night.

Nowhere in that obit (I read it twice) does it suggest that Suzanne was an actress, on the contrary ('she shunned the limelight'h

Ahh but Wiki (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Farrington) does mention she was a 'British actress', but lists nothing beyond that. The only on screen appearance mentioned was Vivian holding her up to a camera as an infant.

Wiki goes on to say Suzanne studied in hopes of being an actress, but those dreams would go unfulfilled (she appeared on what in essence was a school play) and later unwanted.

I suspect you wrote that Wiki entry as well as the post herein, and lay claim to Suzanne Farrington as an actress (Brit or otherwise).

SC

The actress Suzanne Farrington has died at 81.She was the daughter of Vivien Leigh http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11457490/Suzanne-Farrington-Vivien-Leighs-daughter-obituary.html

Yes it's knit-pick night.

Nowhere in that obit (I read it twice) does it suggest that Suzanne was an actress, on the contrary ('she shunned the limelight'h

Ahh but Wiki (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Farrington) does mention she was a 'British actress', but lists nothing beyond that. The only on screen appearance mentioned was Vivian holding her up to a camera as an infant.

Wiki goes on to say Suzanne studied in hopes of being an actress, but those dreams would go unfulfilled (she appeared on what in essence was a school play) and later unwanted.

I suspect you wrote that Wiki entry as well as the post herein, and lay claim to Suzanne Farrington as an actress (Brit or otherwise).

SC

That'd be 'nit-pick' :P .

• Like 5

SC

If you are insulting him its 'nit-prick'

• Like 1

SC

If you are insulting him its 'nit-prick'

But of course.

Edited

I guess Sam Simon isn't part of the 'Dead of 2015' fraternity. Tsk tsk

SC

Chris Greener (71), for many years Britain's tallest man, was buried in an eight foot coffin yesterday.

I guess Sam Simon isn't part of the 'Dead of 2015' fraternity. Tsk tsk

SC

He has his own thread, so there's no need to mention him here.