themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Banksy is a cunt , justasayin :)

Wouldn't know, never met him. I like his work and cultural sabotage.

• Like 1

Britain's oldest Poppy seller, Olive Cooke, jumped to her death at age 92:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089332/Britain-s-oldest-poppy-seller-jumped-death-Avon-Gorge-Olive-Cooke-92-long-term-issues-depression-inquest-hears.html

She was a long-time sufferer from depression. The article makes it sound as if her constant awareness of human misery caused it.

Feel free to also post it in the appropriate suicide threat.

She only sold 300,000 poppies in 76 years?

If she had a 5-day-week and worked about 200 days each year, then that's 15200 days of work in 76 years, or about 20 poppies each day. Hmm... is it custom to buy just one of them or several at once? If the latter is the case, then that rate is indeed a bit poor...

Poppies are only supposed to be sold for the two weeks leading up to remembrance Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089332/Britain-s-oldest-poppy-seller-jumped-death-Avon-Gorge-Olive-Cooke-92-long-term-issues-depression-inquest-hears.html

She was a long-time sufferer from depression. The article makes it sound as if her constant awareness of human misery caused it.

If she had a 5-day-week and worked about 200 days each year, then that's 15200 days of work in 76 years, or about 20 poppies each day. Hmm... is it custom to buy just one of them or several at once? If the latter is the case, then that rate is indeed a bit poor...

Poppies are only supposed to be sold for the two weeks leading up to remembrance Sunday.

I honestly thought "Poppy Seller" was code for something. I really did. That's quite a vocation.

SC

Guest Guest

that's a real tragedy. how are all those dogs going to find a home now?

that's a real tragedy. how are all those dogs going to find a home now?

Seriously, if she'd hung around with us and found some grim fun in the ceaseless misery...

• Like 1

Guest thesquarkingdead1exparrot

terry sue patt played benny In grange hill dead apparently

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Furthermore, as a Yank I'm totally unaware of this show, so to IMDb I went, and when Terry Sue Patt didn't show up immediately, I pulled up the full cast and scrolled........and scrolled.....and scrolled.

Terry Patt appeared in 29 episodes; and yes I counted, a full 170 other cast members appeared in more. So guessing Terry's role rather minor. Still, the show seems popular, so may I suggest with that many folks involves the show obtains a thread of it's own? Once a link appears that is.

SC

Too many threads, not enough threads...

lvbjn.jpg

• Like 3

SC , it was the black kid. With the hair.

Wow. I remember rushing home from school to see what escapades Tucker, Benny and Alan would get up to. Having watched some of the first episodes, some of the acting was a bit wooden, but I liked it at the time. Especially as they used to film a fair bit of it where I went to school.

Citation needed.

Furthermore, as a Yank I'm totally unaware of this show, so to IMDb I went, and when Terry Sue Patt didn't show up immediately, I pulled up the full cast and scrolled........and scrolled.....and scrolled.

Terry Patt appeared in 29 episodes; and yes I counted, a full 170 other cast members appeared in more. So guessing Terry's role rather minor. Still, the show seems popular, so may I suggest with that many folks involves the show obtains a thread of it's own? Once a link appears that is.

SC

Considering many of the cast members from Grange Hill appeared in other shows such as The Bill, Eastenders, Casualty, etc. I'd say no we don't need another topic. And no, Terry Sue-Patt's role was not minor. Considering the show is about a secondary school, and in England we went to secondary school from the ages of 11-16. And there weren't a great deal of episodes per series, (around 18 was the most I think compared to 24 that they do in the U.S.) He was on the show for a good couple of years bearing in mind of how long it ran and that they did a total of 601 episodes.

The request for a citation when I made my post was that I did a search and couldn't see any mention that he had died. I knew perfectly well of who Terry Sue-Patt was.

• Like 2

Didn't we used to have a thread especially for MTM alumni, before Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Ed Asner and Betty White got their own threads?

Ann Meara played Sally in Rhoda, who kind of took over for a season as Rhoda's friend after Rhoda and Joe split up. She was also bloody terrifying in Fame (the film) as Mrs Sherwood. A fine actress. RIP.

• Like 1

Didn't we used to have a thread especially for MTM alumni, before Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Ed Asner and Betty White got their own threads?

Ann Meara played Sally in Rhoda, who kind of took over for a season as Rhoda's friend after Rhoda and Joe split up. She was also bloody terrifying in Fame (the film) as Mrs Sherwood. A fine actress. RIP.

Too many different threads she could be put into. So, in the general death thread she goes.

Ugh posted in Hollywood. Comedians made sense. Oh well.

SC

Ugh posted in Hollywood. Comedians made sense. Oh well.

SC

Shit happens. :-)

Nice to return from holiday to find a nice (but first of 2015) DDP "TilDeathDoUsPart" hit for me! Now if only Jerry will join her this year!

Henry A Williams III, an unindicted co-conspirator turned prosecution witness in the Abscam FBI sting upon which American Hustle was based, has died at 80. His evidence resulted in the conviction of U.S. Sen. Harrison A. Williams Jr. on corruption charges. http://www.northjersey.com/news/paterson-man-involved-in-abscam-corruption-case-dies-1.1326382

John M Murphy, one of the Congressmen convicted in the Abscam sting has died at 88. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/us/politics/john-murphy-staten-island-congressman-convicted-in-abscam-sting-dies-at-88.html?_r=0