Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:
Won't happen but would love if he just strolled in  told them he was heading straight to the Palace and most of them are fucked

praying.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Won't happen but would love if he just strolled in  told them he was heading straight to the Palace and most of them are fucked.

Read Isabel Hardman's op-ed piece in today's 'i' newspaper, and something she said was interesting: re using the threat of an election to keep the rebels in line.

If you follow the rebels' logic that the reason for ousting Sunak is because things are only going to get more disastrous until an autumn election if he stays in charge, why would they be worried about a May election? They're going to lose either way, might as well suffer a slightly less bad defeat and get rid of him sooner than stagger on to autumn and get a bigger shellacking. In other words: a threat is only a threat if the other side fear the outcome. It worked for Major in 1995, not so much for Sunak in 2024.

I see the Cons are after the 13 year old vote

I honestly thought it was a parody account at first.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

"Goodbye Mr Teasock, I am going to miss you"

1079789553_Image20-03-2024at12_05.thumb.jpeg.bf290c823c6af69ef9c73d4518c27910.jpeg

• Haha 1

Oh, I missed PMQs today. How'd it go?

496245380_Image20-03-2024at15_45.thumb.jpeg.9b0531e5550d71d224653bcdcaceaaad.jpeg

Two Thatcherite parties slugging it out. :lol:

Battle lines drawn, I guess probably for the Englandshire local elections.

Real news will be any leaks from the 1922 Committee later.

5 hours ago, TQR said:

"Goodbye Mr Teasock, I am going to miss you"

1079789553_Image20-03-2024at12_05.thumb.jpeg.bf290c823c6af69ef9c73d4518c27910.jpeg

"Dear Doyle, please find enclosed my application for the position of Teasock. As you will see I have lots of first-hand work experience and am ready to step up."

• Haha 1

Another intrant to the House of Lords nommed by Sunak.

Rosa Monckton, Baroness Monckton - married to Dominic Lawson, yes, the son of Nigel Lawson. Despite all her "charity" work, she argued that disabled people should be allowed to work for less than the minimum wage.

Sunak's disgusting nepo band of cunts take the ermine.

• Like 1

Keir Starmer getting a decent write up from the Sun after he goes on the new Sun Tv channel. 

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Another intrant to the House of Lords nommed by Sunak.

Rosa Monckton, Baroness Monckton - married to Dominic Lawson, yes, the son of Nigel Lawson. Despite all her "charity" work, she argued that disabled people should be allowed to work for less than the minimum wage.

Sunak's disgusting nepo band of cunts take the ermine.

Didn't she have a child with Downs Syndrome?  ISTR Diana, Princess of Wales was its godmother.  I can't be arsed to look it up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

Didn't she have a child with Downs Syndrome?  ISTR Diana, Princess of Wales was its godmother.  I can't be arsed to look it up.

Yes. But treating other disabled people of working age as a second class citizen is something she favours. 

I presume she thinks the massive minimum wage is more than enough to live on, so the disabled should be able to work for less and still lead an independent life. 

The measure of what Sunak thinks should have influence over our laws.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Mindless tweet sharing again, is it? Christ sake. Also…

IMG_9411.gif.b9722a1d0e534303bde3c9a2497ead51.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Mindless tweet sharing again, is it? Christ sake. Also…

IMG_9411.gif.b9722a1d0e534303bde3c9a2497ead51.gif

I wish you wouldn't quote him. It means that, in spite of having him muted, I still get subjected to his rubbish.

How is he not on mod preview?

10 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

I wish you wouldn't quote him. It means that, in spite of having him muted, I still get subjected to his rubbish.

Nobody gave a fuck about that when I muted him*, so bollocks I’m afraid.

*Which I’ve just done again, for good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Obit said:

How is he not on mod preview?

I thought he was on mod preview..due to

Agreed.

@The Old Crem please stop clogging the forum up with every tweet you see. Or else it can and will go to time off/mod preview. 

But he did a crafty swerve on that by stating he was going for a walk to consider his position - then basically opening the door, looking out and deciding it was too cold or raining or a wednesday or summat and coming straight back here with more bs.

Fortunately there's no expiration date on my verbal warning.

Since he has kept up posting inane tweets after the verbal warning, it is now a proper week off and subsequent mod preview.

• Thanks 5

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

It's the national flag of England,  would any of members agree to change the colours of your national flag? 

English flag is red and white, with no blue or purple.

I think most of us are proud of our country's flag albeit English,  Scottish,  Welsh,  Irish,  French etc.etc.

Don't mess with our flags. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

It's the national flag of England,  would any of members agree to change the colours of your national flag? 

I think most of us are proud of our country's flag albeit English,  Scottish,  Welsh,  Irish,  French etc.etc.

I have never bought a football shirt

It is a two inch embroided logo on the rear of the collar. If anyone had bought the shirt would they a) have noticed it or b) considered it to be anything other that a decoration.

Someone has gone looking for this an brought it to the attention of everyone and Kier Starmer has fallen into their trap.

Lee Anderson said last year that the only way the Conservative stood any chance at the next election was by stoking culture wars. This is just a pawn in the game and the real scandal is probably the price and the supply chain issues.

• Like 4

Maybe it's trite to suggest that:

in the week that the number of people who crossed the Channel in one day was almost twice the number of people the Government intend to send to Rwanda in the whole of next year;

in the week that it was revealed that the Government's plan to house people in other than hotels would cost more than keeping them in hotels;

in the week that it has been discovered that millions of pounds was thrown into Port Authorities by the Government and local authorities, those Port Authority and border control facilities are either mothballed or not being used to full capacity;

this Government would rather talk about flags rather than their so-called flagship policies regarding immigration.

Starmer should have said this was a matter for fans and the FA, while he got on with the job of sorting the absolute dumpster fire that the UK is fuelling with taxpayers' money.

I'm sure the vast majority of folk are more worried about the above and all the other issues than a design on a footy shirt. And if they are not, then fuck the lot of them. :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

I don't give a shit, a flag is a piece of fabric, and when no-one can seem to agree on what the changes represent this uproar is, to me, stupid.

I was born on St George's day but the cross means nothing to me, I'm not proud to be English, and it's not just 'recent Tory government's' that have made me think this way, it goes further back than that. I'm not an anarchist or communist but there's very little that this country has done since the second world war that I see as good, and even before that you had the empire, which again I'm not a fan. The English flag (and the Union flag) represent nothing to me other than inequality and corruption.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I don't give a shit, a flag is a piece of fabric, and when no-one can seem to agree on what the changes represent this uproar is, to me, stupid.

I was born on St George's day but the cross means nothing to me, I'm not proud to be English, and it's not 'recent Tory government's' that have made me think this way, it goes further back than that. I'm not an anarchist or communist but there's very little that this country has done since the second world war that I see as good, and even before that you had the empire, which again I'm not a fan. The English flag (and the Union flag) represent nothing to me other than inequality and corruption.

Yep. Every single word, apart from I'd add that the recent Tory governments have made this feeling a great deal stronger for me.

Our culture, arts and entertainment are the only things this wretched country can be proud of. And the Tories are okay with strangling them, too.

• Like 3

Nike...... Just don't do it. 

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I was born on St George's day but the cross means nothing to me, I'm not proud to be English, and it's not just 'recent Tory government's' that have made me think this way, it goes further back than that. I'm not an anarchist or communist but there's very little that this country has done since the second world war that I see as good, and even before that you had the empire, which again I'm not a fan. The English flag (and the Union flag) represent nothing to me other than inequality and corruption.

For me seeing it just represents the fact that the TV schedules are about to get a whole lot more tedious for five long agonising weeks. 

• Haha 1