Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Just leave this here:

• Haha 1

Some journalists would want to have a good look at themselves. Parroting stuff before any votes had been counted

• Like 1

Even Bexley and Bromley saw a swing of exactly 0.0%. Everywhere else so far a fair few % Con to Lab. Well you could blow me down with a feather.

Oh, and this. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

IMG_9547.thumb.jpeg.f94b846cdc18b71793789be53e30c597.jpeg

Curtice says a 5% swing to Labour in Solihull is above the 4.5% swing needed to win the West Midlands mayoralty. So too close to call at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Ffs Crem, I've always thought a lot of people's attitude towards you is a bit extreme but seriously you aren't helping yourself.

It’s basically how I cope. Doom mongering stops me having sudden mood swings. 

I've had the impression that everybody hated Sadiq Khan because of  Ulez and all that, but it seems they hate the Tories more.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Curtice says a 5% swing to Labour in Solihull is above the 4.5% swing needed to win the West Midlands mayoralty. So too close to call at the moment.

The question for me is how many votes did the Galloway endorsed independent Akhmed Yakoob siphon off from Labour. Are we going to have a repeat of what happened in Oldham?

2 minutes ago, AstroKat said:

The question for me is how many votes did the Galloway endorsed independent Akhmed Yakoob siphon off from Labour. Are we going to have a repeat of what happened in Oldham?

That's why it's too close to call. Otherwise, I suspect they might be fairly certain Labour would win. Prof. Curtice was saying that over a whole region, the pro-Gaza protest vote may make a smaller impact than on individual constituencies, but we'll see. Bundle checks requested in most areas, but not Birmingham or Dudley. Solihull already did one before announcing their results. Suggests it's competitive at least.

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

I've had the impression that everybody hated Sadiq Khan because of  Ulez and all that, but it seems they hate the Tories more.

Tbf I'm not exactly Kier Starmers best mate but I'd take his Labour any day of the week over this lot of Tories and by looks of it I'm far from alone there now.

• Like 3

Suggestion that the Tories have asked for recounts in the Andy Street showdown.

Oo-er.

Khan wins. 43.7% to Hall's 32.6%.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Swing to Labour in 13 out of 14 constituencies. The other (Bexley and Bromley) had a swing of 0.0%.

• Like 3

IMG_9548.thumb.jpeg.e43f2ab4dea0836b5ddabd27d9cd33ba.jpeg

41 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

In future, keep the doom mongering to yourself rather than trying to drag everyone else down with you like only a complete fucking arsehole would.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Suggestion that the Tories have asked for recounts in the Andy Street showdown.

Oo-er.

Labour won Wolverhampton by 8,000 votes. Street won there in 2021. Signs are Labour are confident and the Tories are nervous. A trouncing for Hall (double digits) and defeat for Street - does the pressure mount on Sunak again?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Mel Stride reacts:

Behold, the Wreath of Khan

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, TQR said:

In future, keep the doom mongering to yourself rather than trying to drag everyone else down with you like only a complete fucking arsehole would.

Have you unblocked him again?

Don't get me wrong, I've tried but it doesn't really work. You see replies and if unquoted you wonder what prompted them, and if quoted there was no point to the block in the first place.

And Crem, he's absolutely spot on - pouring out pointless shite to tens or hundreds of people to counter your 'personal' mood swings is unutterably selfish, can you not see that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

You strike me as someone who is probably neurodivergent. Takes one to know one and that. Doom mongering is not an acceptable way to counter your personal problems, just in the same way that it wouldn't wash for someone on a mobility scooter to run over people's feet as a "way of coping with the fact they can't use their legs". If you have genuine psychological problems, then the effective way to counter them is to seek therapy if it's extreme enough, or at the very least find something productive to do instead of posting shite on this forum and subjecting others to the same fearmongering that you seem to enjoy wasting your time reading.

Get rid of all the notifications on your phone from the Daily Fail, the Sun, and any other scummy, tory-run media outlet. Delete twatter, and actually make a conscious effort to find productive things to do. I know it's a big barrier to get over, but is the best you want out of life really to be a doom-scrolling clown? Wouldn't you rather get up each day and feel like life has more purpose? Wouldn't you rather have hobbies that you're relaxed by?

I would happily unblock you permanently on here and engage with you, and I'm sure others would follow suit, if you actually showed you was making some effort to behave in a constructive way. But ignoring repeated efforts to make you aware of how unproductive you are being, then trying to write it all of as a "coping mechanism" is not reasonable. I'm happy to show some leniency where there might be a case for someone being genuinely incapable of discriminating between what is and isn't acceptable, but you don't seem like you're even willing to try.

Full recount in Coventry. Just how close is this thing? Can't wait for more of these when we finally get our General Election!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ruth Davidson reckons they'll try to move against Rishi if Street loses

Is there any good news for Sunak outside of Houchen? (And even he ran as far away from the Tory brand as he could).

51 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Have you unblocked him again?

Don't get me wrong, I've tried but it doesn't really work. You see replies and if unquoted you wonder what prompted them, and if quoted there was no point to the block in the first place.

Nah, he’s one of precisely seven blocked users here and, despite the occasional quotes, it has improved my browsing experience significantly.

Anyway, back on topic…Count Binface managed 24,260 votes in the election. Great effort! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Full recount in Coventry. Just how close is this thing? Can't wait for more of these when we finally get our General Election!

I'm here for it.

popcorn.gif

• Like 4

IMG_9549.thumb.jpeg.11ddb7b703f37637174771cdd830a2fa.jpeg

• Like 4