Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh this is just wonderful

GMl-5SYXkAEGM_C.png

Didn't they know who he was?

Maybe he brought his ID in Greek, or tried to use his Peppa Pig World loyalty card.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't they know who he was?

Maybe he brought his ID in Greek, or tried to use his Peppa Pig World loyalty card.

Maybe he ate his ID.

I mean, when he was PM, he took so many holidays you couldn't have prised his passport out of his chubby little hands.

Man's a lunatic, always was.

Only 1996 was worse and we all know what happend in the following GE

• Like 4

Tories think Sadiq Khan has lost and Susan Hall has won. I will not be surprised if that’s correct, 

• Facepalm 1

Word to the wise at the BBC when it comes to the forthcoming GE: I think it is fairly established now that we are in the 21st Century, so you can knock off the "20" and call it "Election '24". Saves time.

My dad was preciding officer for a local area but we are only doing Police Comissioner elections.

31 people turned up all day.

• Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

My dad was preciding officer for a local area but we are only doing Police Comissioner elections.

Low turnout suits the Tories more than any other party. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Word to the wise at the BBC when it comes to the forthcoming GE: I think it is fairly established now that we are in the 21st Century, so you can knock off the "20" and call it "Election '24". Saves time.

I'm sure that many BBC journalists frequent the deathlist forums (sarcasm), but most young people don't vote either because they're disillusioned with the current state of politics or they just don't know anything about politics in general. My best friend hasn't voted because he doesn't know what's going on aside from PM changes (I don't think he knows that Yousaf has resigned). So saying 2024 is more understandable for older folk.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I doubt anyone in the country would recognise their PCC if they walked past them in the street. I’ve had no leaflets through the door, nobody knows who the candidates are and people just vote for the party.  Voting for PCC is a waste of materials, energy, and money and the only way to get it scrapped is to simply not vote. Surely such a role should be independent of any party anyway?

• Like 1

This is odd.

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

If accurate, that'd be a pretty solid haul for Labour, but good grief that'd be a fucking mare for the Tories. Worse than last year's LE bloodbath. Sunak better hope that Houchen and Street win.

[insert Boycie laugh here]

Just now, Father Brown said:

I doubt anyone in the country would recognise their PCC if they walked past them in the street. I’ve had no leaflets through the door, nobody knows who the candidates are and people just vote for the party.  Voting for PCC is a waste of materials, energy, and money and the only way to get it scrapped is to simply not vote. Surely such a role should be independent of any party anyway?

I just texted my friend and her family are usually ones who vote. Her mother had no clue this was going on.

• Like 1

Exactly. I’ve had a poll card as usual but I’m not digging out my passport (I don’t drive) just to vote for a PCC I’ll probably never see or interact with. Ridiculous. 

Those Reform cranks appear to have outperformed the Tories in Sunderland. Be interesting to see how much of the vote the Tories lose in areas where Reform didn't stand. My guess is probably still a lot.

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

If accurate, that'd be a pretty solid haul for Labour, but good grief that'd be a fucking mare for the Tories. Worse than last year's LE bloodbath. Sunak better hope that Houchen and Street win.

[insert Boycie laugh here]

I think they'll hold on to the Metro Mayors. Houchen won with 70%, it would take an astronomical swing to get him out. Andy Street seems, even to me, to be a decent guy who cares about his local area. I think mayors aren't as wedded to the performance of their Westminster parties as councillors are: mayors tend to have greater profile and are less party political (well, some are). We'll see...

Just now, RoverAndOut said:

I think they'll hold on to the Metro Mayors. Houchen won with 70%, it would take an astronomical swing to get him out. Andy Street seems, even to me, to be a decent guy who cares about his local area. I think mayors aren't as wedded to the performance of their Westminster parties as councillors are: mayors tend to have greater profile and are less party political (well, some are). We'll see...

Both Houchen and Street have tried to get rid of as much of the Tory taint out of their campaigns and literature as humanly possible. I reckon Houchen will hold on but Street really could go either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

According to some sources the Tories think they have won London as well. That would be a massive story but it seems possibly true.

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

Those Reform cranks appear to have outperformed the Tories in Sunderland. Be interesting to see how much of the vote the Tories lose in areas where Reform didn't stand. My guess is probably still a lot.

Which would suggest Lab will regain a huge chunk of rhe Red Wall seats as the vote will be splint between the Tories and Reform

18 minutes ago, TQR said:

Come the GE Reform won't be able to stand everywhere, even if they refuse any pacts. They have poor vetting for candidates and have already had to drop dozens of candidates after controversial remarks have been unearthed, including this rather interesting looking character:

0_EMB6RX.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brad252 said:

0_EMB6RX.jpg

That’s Crem’s uncle, isn’t it?

• Haha 6