Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

8 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Do they not see from the UK, Brazil and the last 4 years in the US that having a bigoted, idiotic, fascist lunatic as your leader tends to turn your country to shit?

The trouble is that they are the kind of people that put themselves forward for election in the first place so it ends up being them that rise to the top as all the 'good' candidates are off someplace doing 'good' work and don't have enough time to dedicate to getting elected to high office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

A poll simulating the French Presidential Election due next year puts Marine Le Pen in the lead.

E43C74B1-262A-4B98-BBB5-63AC3ECC245F.thumb.png.4e2d319880e8b270c59f242488fd6437.png

Do they not see from the UK, Brazil and the last 4 years in the US that having a bigoted, idiotic, fascist lunatic as your leader tends to turn your country to shit?

(Not saying that Macron isn’t a twat btw; he is.)

This poll is the current standing of the parties. Macron still might get on the final run off ballot and if he does Labour and the Greens will reluctantly swing in behind him

57 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This poll is the current standing of the parties. Macron still might get on the final run off ballot and if he does Labour and the Greens will reluctantly swing in behind him

Yes I should’ve said it’s a simulation of the first round. It’s a 6 point swing Le Pen’s way from 2017.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 10:59, The Quim Reaper said:

Great website: http://ismympaprick.co.uk. Search by name or constituency and it will check their voting record and let you know if your local MP is a prick.

Your website is broken. :unsure:

1551219711_ScreenShot2021-01-26at13_05_46.jpg.d480ba5e0de4f9badc5b4c425472ac1a.jpg

• Like 1

Johnson in PMQs just tried to demand Starmer says “schools are safe”. The same schools that his govt opened at the start of the year for one day, then, after that nice little mass-spreading exercise, shut.

I despair that this big bag of shit, sitting there looking like a Smart Price trifle doing an 11+, is our fucking elected Prime Minister.

C2D96D23-0B6E-4F9C-9118-E0380A2FF658.thumb.jpeg.4b7bcaf319ccc8e005535a94e0d13912.jpeg

• Like 2

The idea that TV’s own Nicola Sturgeon has done an exceptional job with COVID-19 when in actual fact she is only in charge of a country with the population of a medium sized city spread over a large land mass. 

On a totally unrelated topic, can any of my American friends advise on the best ways to overturn election results? Asking for a friend....

I'm concerned (in a tin foil hat way) that things went a little too quiet a little too quickly and a little too easily on the D*min*c C**mings front.

What's he up to :unsure:

Someone develops a cough during PMQs:

19 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Someone develops a cough during PMQs:

Who Wants to be a Millionaire twinned with PMQs. Marvellous. 

1 minute ago, Bentrovato said:

Who Wants to be a Millionaire twinned with PMQs. Marvellous. 

Yes, that is what I normally cough like when Clarkson’s on the screen.

33 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yes, that is what I normally cough like when Clarkson’s on the screen.

Boris and Jeremy's Road Trip. A love in waiting to happen.  Throw in Trump and the ratings would be wonderful.

Some 95 year old woman has been charged for her involvement in the Holocaust. Are they only prosecuting her because they have run out of actual war criminals? 

In another 5 years will they start convicting members of the Hitler Youth simply because they have run out of other folk to prosecute? 

Or am I just an anti-Semite for suggesting that Nazi hunting has perhaps gone a bit too far? 

22 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Some 95 year old woman has been charged for her involvement in the Holocaust. Are they only prosecuting her because they have run out of actual war criminals? 

In another 5 years will they start convicting members of the Hitler Youth simply because they have run out of other folk to prosecute? 

Or am I just an anti-Semite for suggesting that Nazi hunting has perhaps gone a bit too far? 

She's only been charged, its still TBD if she will be prosecuted. But to address your initial question (bolded), surely, a trial, should one take place, will determine if she's an actual war criminal or not. Until everyone suspected of being a war criminal is either investigated or dead, then these things will occur from time to time. 

re you last question, bearing in mind I have no dog in the fight, perhaps its time to draw a line under that period of history (unless someone is irrefutably demonstrated to have been a major player) and turn our attention to dealing with the modern nazis.

Andrew Neil really selling his GB News channel well.

5003E85A-88E9-4DA9-83F7-ED3108F21CAB.jpeg.2e361606dcd4f92728fd575b4080f777.jpeg

DF48DB2C-75B1-424B-B8A7-B5A3ED9D5CDC.jpeg.17313c539ccb79642b52d896de010225.jpeg

EE522AE3-C614-4BD9-B1A4-FFCD7E03D575.jpeg.b37861a75f7e155361a8114ade1f2228.jpeg

• Haha 1

I note that the SNP are crowing about the 21st poll in a row supporting Scottish independence. They seem to think that people like me are worried?

Sadly they are mistaken for I have every faith in the British army coming north to relieve us of our surplus population...

• Haha 1

The SNP are on the brink of a major internal civil war, I don't think the unionists need be concerned about independence anytime soon...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, msc said:

The SNP are on the brink of a major internal civil war, I don't think the unionists need be concerned about independence anytime soon...

That's what the want us to think ...

7 hours ago, Windsor said:

I note that the SNP are crowing about the 21st poll in a row supporting Scottish independence. They seem to think that people like me are worried?

Sadly they are mistaken for I have every faith in the British army coming north to relieve us of our surplus population...

If you ask the same 1000 people the same questions every time then you will get the same results.

The SNP only ever ask their own supporters if there should be independance, they never ask people that would vote against it.

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

If you ask the same 1000 people the same questions every time then you will get the same results.

The SNP only ever ask their own supporters if there should be independance, they never ask people that would vote against it.

Don’t forget their campaign where they have all been personally challenged to each persuade/cajole/bully a no voter to vote with them.

IMG_20210215_135001.thumb.png.e2ac039be17858c7cff5e5eada6965db.png

I can imagine Boris Johnson having political discussions with Larry, the chief mouser.

Thinking about applying for  postal vote for the May 6 elections but then I would miss out on the polling station banter.

• Like 1

Just now, torbrexbones said:

Thinking about applying for  postal vote for the May 6 elections but then I would miss out on the polling station banter.

And the dog would miss an outing.  You do take the dog?  I think it's compulsory.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

And the dog would miss an outing.  You do take the dog?  I think it's compulsory.

That's where the banter comes in, he attracts attention with his good looks and the chat follows.

• Like 2

Well that's a non-started right away.

First you need to print off a form then send it in, they then send out the ballot pack which you fill in and return.

I think I'll just walk the 100 yards to the polling station, don my mask and go in and vote (using my own pen/pencil).

• Like 1

I'm already looking forward to voting in May and possibly being able to talk to an actual person like when the library was open.

Had to move across the country really suddenly so I never had the chance to meet anyone here before all this. And my lease prevents me having any pets, FML. 

Next door got seven guinea pigs before lochdown though so I might take a few of those once I'm allowed to do more than chat over the fence. Put wee rosettes on them. I bet there's at least one looks like a Tory.

• Like 3