Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

7 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Don't forget the SNP...who the Tories would tell you would have the balance of power...and that Labour would risk the future of the UK by granting indyref as the SNP fee for power...

Not like it hasn't happened at the last couple of elections...

I said progressives, not a stinking bunch of nationalist morons.

6BCE7FF9-3C37-4CE7-B23F-8B9FED154339.jpeg.db68a35db95a76a7c67b2da2c87a4ad2.jpeg

I guess we now call him Tom Tugend?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TQR said:

6BCE7FF9-3C37-4CE7-B23F-8B9FED154339.jpeg.db68a35db95a76a7c67b2da2c87a4ad2.jpeg

I guess we now call him Tom Tugend?

It does go well with Johnson and Dick.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

It does go well with Johnson and Dick.

*Matt Hancock, Peter Bone, Geoffrey Cox and Aaron Bell liked this*

• Like 2

9942752A-8F1F-4292-A6FF-06C56D7F07E0.thumb.jpeg.31815e5ce3c3717973f837a308b064da.jpeg

8F5F6D4A-33E0-4B7D-A69F-F47730E5229C.thumb.jpeg.dd9966b895850f929d0c5f2cb51cf38c.jpeg

Sunak has responded, by offering everyone a £200 bill rebate in October and cutting council tax (Bands A-D) by £150 in April.

For many people, this isn’t enough, particularly when you consider the 10-ish % National Insurance hike due to happen in April.

Ridiculous. The rich are getting the same help as those who are on the breadline. Energy companies are seeing record profits while millions of people choose between heating and eating.

The financial help should only go to those who need it (and I say this as someone who doesn’t), and it needs to go further for them.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Sunak has responded, by offering everyone a £200 bill rebate in October and cutting council tax (Bands A-D) by £150 in April.

For many people, this isn’t enough, particularly when you consider the 10-ish % National Insurance hike due to happen in April.

Ridiculous. The rich are getting the same help as those who are on the breadline. Energy companies are seeing record profits while millions of people choose between heating and eating.

The financial help should only go to those who need it (and I say this as someone who doesn’t), and it needs to go further for them.

Of course it does. You don't expect it to hurt the the richest in this country.

The Tories only think of them in a crisis. Rotten to the core the lot of them.

Fucking scandal waiting now for the Met report before they put their letter's in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Yeah, and it's not even a rebate despite them calling that. It's a LOAN.

Beeb:

The rebate on energy bills will provide around 28 million households with an upfront discount on their bills worth £200 and suppliers will apply the discount to domestic electricity customers from October, with the government meeting the costs.

However, unlike the council tax rebate, this discount will be automatically recovered from people's bills in equal £40 instalments over a five year period from 2023, when it is hoped global wholesale gas prices will have come down.

They are giving folk money they aim to charge them for next year. So its even worse than it looks.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

If he feels the need to prefix something with the words "Being honest" ......

.... you know where I'm going with this.

• Like 1

I think that a much better form of funding for the country would be to eliminate the tax allowable status of charges from tax havens and making loan receipts in the country taxable on granting or effective receipt for recognition. Not many of the big companies pay enough tax. This goes especially for the likes of Amazon, Apple etc who accumulate large funds but then remit little tax.

Politicians, they're all cunts.  Each and every one of them only interested in lining their own pockets. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Politicians, they're all cunts.  Each and every one of them only interested in lining their own pockets. 

This lot are a breed apart (and by 'this lot'... well you know who I mean).

• Like 1

Interestingly, with the No.10 Policy Unit Director Munira Mirza resigning…

Her husband, Dougie Smith, is a very good friend of Rishi Sunak. And the story was broken by James Forsyth. Sunak was his best man when he got married. To the ex Press Secretary Allegra Stratton.

This, quelle surprise, all appears to have been engineered by a Sunak4PM cabal.

• Sad 1

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

• Like 1

Another lettter goes in 

Given who some of Bojo's biggest supporters are (Hello Nadine) there's every chance this will work just as well as any Baldrick plan

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Another lettter goes in 

Given who some of Bojo's biggest supporters are (Hello Nadine) there's every chance this will work just as well as any Baldrick plan

If I was in the shit and Nadine was my biggest cheerleader I would just shoot myself.

I said December 10th the premiership of BlowJo had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.Given that stage 4 pancreatic cancer has a median survival rate of 3_5 months my prediction is still on track.Him lasting several more weeks in office seems most likely.He will drag the ship down with him it is a case of when those being dragged down know they are essentially bending down in the prison showers for the soap .Reminds me of one of those slow painful drawn out deaths.

• Haha 1

What strikes me is how many Tories expect this to blow over.It never will as people are personally connected to it sometimes in the most painful of ways.When the personal element of betrayal is highlighted by the death of a loved one or friend that will never go and his continuing presence will make those affected more and more militantly against him.This is the end but I fear and suspect a very long and painful end for BlowJo the cabinet the Tory party Parliament In General and the country.

• Like 1

Wait - didn't Sunak say directly to Laura BBC last night he was never at a party and didn't see any parties from his window, because he was concentrating on the serious Treasury business of Government? Bless his lying cotton socks in flip flops.

Also, every time a letter goes in or someone resigns, this plays in my head: