Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

2 hours ago, TQR said:
3 hours ago, Toast said:

So actually him getting in would be the best outcome .... if we could rely on those resignations.   But they would back down, wouldn't they? 

It’s okay; even if the mass resignations don’t materialise, there’s always this:

I was thinking more about the loss of majority if so many MPs did actually resign.  That would mean a VONC should succeed, no?

But of course they wouldn't put their money where their mouths are if it would lead to them losing power.  

How the hell are we ever going to get out of this?

William Hague not a fan anyway. Says Boris' return will lead to the death spiral of the Tory party.

(Possibly going to happen regardless but Honking Pudding will accelerate it )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

The exact same number of respondents, so that's exactly what those figures mean. Proving the Great British public should, as a rule, be allowed nowhere near a ballot box.

To be fair, that's not just a British issue. It's a problem with democracy throughout the world - people are fucking stupid. 

• Like 2

I think I’ve decided I’m depressed now. 

Maybe Independence won’t be so bad. :-D

• Like 1

Do any of these fuckers ever think of anyone but themselves? Fucking Trevelyan. A nobody in Johnson's government. A nobody in Truss's. Immediately back on the Boris bandwagon to avoid a return to the backbenches. Repeat for Rees-Mogg, Dorries, Clarke and Sharma.

Wallace I'll give the minor benefit of the doubt that he's only interested in dealing with Ukraine, regardless of who the leader is. He said as much when he backed Truss, and he's hedging his bets this time trying to see the way the cards fall.

Screenshot_20221021-195151_Samsung Internet.jpg

I never thought I'd see the day that I agreed with the editor of ConservativeHome:

"The thought occurs that maybe the Conservative Party no longer cares. Perhaps the sum of its ambition is to become the provisional wing of the right-wing entertainment industry: happy to preach to a diminishing band of true believers, and good for a newspaper column or fringe TV turn, while Keir Starmer gets on with the tiresome business of actually running the country."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Do any of these fuckers ever think of anyone but themselves? Fucking Trevelyan. A nobody in Johnson's government. A nobody in Truss's. Immediately back on the Boris bandwagon to avoid a return to the backbenches. Repeat for Rees-Mogg, Dorries, Clarke and Sharma.

Wallace I'll give the minor benefit of the doubt that he's only interested in dealing with Ukraine, regardless of who the leader is. He said as much when he backed Truss, and he's hedging his bets this time trying to see the way the cards fall.

Screenshot_20221021-195151_Samsung Internet.jpg

Any mp who backed Truss  and that includes  Trevelyan, Dorries and Mogg has zero credibility in my opinion as does any of their future endorsements for leader. 

They recommended  a major dud who has created unprecedented chaos less than two months ago. Why should anyone respect their judgement now ?

• Like 2

It sounds like Boris and Rishi might do a deal. Why I am not sure. Presumably the deal will be One as PM and the other as Deputy. 

But why would Boris want to be a minister.What’s in it for him.

6 hours ago, TQR said:

Mordaunt’s in.

By which I mean, she has declared her attempt to become PM. I can’t see her securing anything like 100 endorsements if she’s in a contest with Johnson and Sunak.

Tbh, l'd not mind being in Mordaunt.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Smelly as in shagging away from home? That type of smell?

Dunno GC.

As an aside, I am currently in Gran Canaria ( before I go home to have tests to see if I have the big C ) and there is wall to wall penis here, nice boys and all that.

You would cream your underpants! :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Dunno GC.

As an aside, I am currently in Gran Canaria ( before I go home to have tests to see if I have the big C ) and there is wall to wall penis here, nice boys and all that.

Hope the tests come back with positive results, that is to say negative. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Dunno GC.

I think you mean I'd cream my boxers,  briefs, jockstrap,  swimwear  or thong!! Not underpants!!:lol:

I must try and sample Gran Canaria sometime!

Best of luck with your tests :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Hope the tests come back with positive results, that is to say negative. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sunak looks like he will win the MP vote. 

He won that last time.

Too brown for most of them. And many Tories rather annoyingly think he knifed Boris in the back. Which they rather perversely think was bad not the country.

38 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Dunno GC.

Can confirm, Gran Canaria is one heck of a place :D

And of course, I wish you all the best with the tests LFN. Keep us posted an all that 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

Can confirm, Gran Canaria is one heck of a place :D

And of course, I wish you all the best with the tests LFN. Keep us posted an all that 

You've creamed yourself in Gran Canaria?!

16 minutes ago, Windsor said:

He won that last time.

Too brown for most of them. And many Tories rather annoyingly think he knifed Boris in the back. Which they rather perversely think was bad not the country.

The Tory press seem to be supporting a Boris / Rishi deal. If that happens then is it for Rishi to be PM without a members vote 

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

You've creamed yourself in Gran Canaria?!

Not just myself

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Not just myself

Any recommendations for clubs, bars or hotels were the best creaming talent is most likely to reside?

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Any recommendations for clubs, bars or hotels were the best creaming talent is most likely to reside?

Basically just go to Maspalomas and busk it from there, you’re spoilt for choice :D

Anyway, er…nope, can’t think of a seamless segue back into politics

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Tory press seem to be supporting a Boris / Rishi deal. If that happens then is it for Rishi to be PM without a members vote 

You think all those backing Sunak are backing him if he teams up with Boris? Those votes are back up for grabs in that case.

12 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

You think all those backing Sunak are backing him if he teams up with Boris? Those votes are back up for grabs in that case.

Who else would they back? It depends on the nature of any deal. 

34 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Source?