Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Any idea what he's on about here?

This claim that declared Boris supporters are thinking of switching to Rishi  maybe?

57 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

That would be fucking hilarious. Even more funny than when Gove knifed him in 2016

Would love to see mad Nads in tears again!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sources  telling SKY NEWS Boris has asked Penny Mordaunt to drop out of the race. 

He must be getting nervous. 

According to Dan Hodges she actually told him to step aside and back her when he made the request.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

According to Dan Hodges she actually told him to step aside and back her.

I can’t imagine that happening. 

Does she even want to govern as second choice for 90% of Tory Mp’s. 

Making public the Honking Pudding’s 59 backers who thought he hadn’t quite done enough damage last time round is a great act of public service. Every one of them should have to stay so backbench they’re falling off.

Or maybe they could all resign in protest of a Sunak coronation? There’s an idea.

• Like 1

Just catching up with Boris pulling the plug. Absolute bollocks. "Yeah, I've got enough backers, but I'm not going to stand." Sure you have, Boris. What a unifier you are. How horrid of Rishi and Penny not to back your government of all the talents.

Furthermore, surely this means it is highly likely Sunak is Prime Minister by tomorrow evening. There'll be pressure on Mordaunt not to force this to the members.

Quelle surprise, now Honking Pudding has pulled out, Dorries was just on LBC with Rachel Johnson saying we need a General Election now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wait.

Sunak also fined for Partygate, lied directly to Laura K in an interview, non-domming wife right up til he was exposed, worked for Goldman Sachs at the time they brought the financial crisis to our doors - that guy?

Every person appearing in the last 48 hours has talked about a candidate to unify the party, bring the party together, blah blah blah. Shame they couldn't talk about the people, the national interest, or even a Conservative vision. It's the same old light a fire and try and put it out short termism.

Gotta feel for Truss though, even her week's notice has been cut short by the looks of it. :lol:

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 18:02, gcreptile said:

German news saying that the early presentation of the "real" budget will not happen after all.... these people need to be put out of their misery.

Okay, Kwasi Kwarteng will be out in a few days (or hours?). Liz Truss will go shortly afterwards. What then? Can the Tories just put Rishi Sunak on the top? I mean, it does sound like the "best" solution for them.

I assume that BoJo is just waiting in the background to return, but Truss' implosion came too fast. So he has to let somebody else pass for now. So I suspect that Rishi Sunak will experience a lot of inner sabotage, just so that he loses the next general election - which he will probably do, anyway. But yeah, you've got to be sure.

So yeah, Sunak for PM. BoJo would have lost the next GE anyway. He'll let Sunak take the fall and return as the saviour.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

So yeah, Sunak for PM. BoJo would have lost the next GE anyway. He'll let Sunak take the fall and return as the saviour.

If he has a seat. No guarantee he'll get a safe seat elsewhere based on current numbers. Sunak might fuck him up to the HOL

94EE2D43-A919-4273-8408-293320A79022.thumb.jpeg.26610a538896cdcc66302f90aa21c67e.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Assuming he doesn't lose his seat

This is how far we’ve slipped: it’s seen as a relief, just imagine, a relief, that Rishi Sunak will be PM by the end of the day. A lying, tax-dodging, billionaire sociopath, who lacks a single mite of empathy or indeed self-awareness in that he’s going in to apparently try and sort out our economic destruction in which he played a colossal part, cruising into the job after a ballot consisting of 0.000005% of the population.

Shit in the porridge. We are screwed.

If Morduant isn't telling porkies about her final expected numbers (she likely is) then she'll become PM. Which will be fun given the number of backers Sunak has in MP's

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

If Morduant isn't telling porkies about her final expected numbers (she likely is) then she'll become PM. Which will be fun given the number of backers Sunak has in MP's

Yeah, I don't get this.  I thought if Sunak got more than half the MPs votes, which it seems he has, he automatically wins.

From what I'm seeing on Twitter, members are thinking the same, ie not expecting to get a vote.

Just now, Toast said:

Yeah, I don't get this.  I thought if Sunak got more than half the MPs votes, which it seems he has, he automatically wins.

From what I'm seeing on Twitter, members are thinking the same, ie not expecting to get a vote.

I was under the impression once a candidate got 100 they get on to the ballot