Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Cameron confirmed Foreign Sec.

Lord fucking God. 

• Like 1

Summat vaguely manic in that stare, mind - and ironically funny in that he'll now be in important rooms around the world, away from journalists and reminded that Britain mattered more before Brexit. He campaigned to remain, admittedly, but he's now fronting the results of a vote that was partly a protest against him!

6533b7ba-3262-4c54-9c4c-9cec32345602.jpg

They could have a whole cabinet of former Prime Ministers. I hear John Mayor is in good shape.

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

They could have a whole cabinet of former Prime Ministers. I hear John Mayor is in good shape.

But also somewhat competent which would rule him out

25 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

True! Had forgotten that. Cameron will still  be  the first in one of the "Great Offices of State" since Carrington though

It's easy to mix them up, so a refresher.

Lord Carrington was a politician who, despite some flaws, was a WW2 hero, a solid public servant, the man who implemented free elections in Zimbabwe after sorting out peace there when everyone thought it was impossible, a vastly respected diplomat, and the man who tried to prevent the Falklands War before it was a thing, in vain as Maggie wasn't listening. 

Lord Cameron... is a cunt.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cameron’s return is an attempt to appeal the blue wall voters the Tories fear losing to the Lib Dem’s. 

32 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ahh here's (There's Nothing Like A)Dame Andrea Jenkyns  

Of course she's a Bravermanm fan

No sign yet of anyone resigning in protest at her sacking. 

First time this has happened since Alex Douglas-Home in 1970: Ex-PM becomes Foreign Secretary. Definite mone towards the centre ground I'd say.

I just don’t understand who this is going to be popular with. The parliamentary Tory party of today won’t like this (less maybe Theresa May). Brexiters won’t like it as he was the de facto lead remainer. Remainers don’t like it as he was the de facto bringer of Brexit. Everyone who has seen the nasty effects of his and Osborne’s austerity don’t like it as we are still being throttled by the effects of this post-Brexit, pandemic, war etc. Anyone who values democracy don’t like it as, not being allowed in the Commons, he can hold his position without scrutiny or anyone other than our (also unelected) PM’s say-so. He is an entitled, arrogant, pusillanimous, irredeemable, nation-wrecking pie.

In other news, I’m thankful for this this morning: 

IMG_8471.thumb.jpeg.e02abfeaa4232f589106de999120f81c.jpeg

IMG_8473.thumb.jpeg.bb94a89ac9862902089c4858709a3054.jpeg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

I just don’t understand who this is going to be popular with. The parliamentary Tory party of today won’t like this (less maybe Theresa May). Brexiters won’t like it as he was the de facto lead remainer. Remainers don’t like it as he was the de facto bringer of Brexit. Everyone who has seen the nasty effects of his and Osborne’s austerity don’t like it as we are still being throttled by the effects of this post-Brexit, pandemic, war etc. Anyone who values democracy don’t like it as, not being allowed in the Commons, he can hold his position without scrutiny or anyone other than our (also unelected) PM’s say-so. He is an entitled, arrogant, pusillanimous, irredeemable, nation-wrecking pie.

In other news, I’m thankful for this this morning: 

IMG_8471.thumb.jpeg.e02abfeaa4232f589106de999120f81c.jpeg

Yup. It's like asking the man who demolished your house to come back and do a bit of bricklaying....and he's never seen a brick in his life!

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yeah sure thing Walter......

Screenshot_20231113_120132_Chrome.jpg

He might be right. But only because it could increase support for the Reform party and increase Tory loses from the right. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yeah sure thing Walter......

Screenshot_20231113_120132_Chrome.jpg

I thought there were 45 million British voters, not one. Who is the voter, Edmund Blackadder?

• Like 1

On 26/10/2023 at 11:12, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Therese Coffey the Enviorment Sec.  

Sweet Jesus :facepalm:

Therese Coffey resigns and sent to the back benches.

Sunak's recycling the trash with yet more trash why don't they all just fuck off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Therese Coffey resigns and sent to the back benches.

Nóòóòóòóòóòóòóòóòóòóòóòóò