Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Surely the last thing the Conservatives need now is an election in Scotland before the Westminster one. They must be facing the prospect of huge losses of MSPs because IIRC they did quite well last time

I agree, I fail to see how he gains from this. He seems to think the Tories are in line to form the government, but the Scots won't let that happen. Surely SNP flip votes will go to Labour, Lib Dems or Greens. A few maybe to Alba if independence is the be all and end all, but Salmond is persona non grata among many in the SNP. The question is can whomever takes over from Yousaf command the confidence of the Parliament? I suspect the Greens will come back on side to prop them up but isn't that what one wing of the SNP wanted to end in the first place? (Admittedly this would likely be confidence and supply, not coalition).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Surely the last thing the Conservatives need now is an election in Scotland before the Westminster one. They must be facing the prospect of huge losses of MSPs because IIRC they did quite well last time

They would but it wouldn’t be a bloodbath as they have been doing decent in local by - elections in Scotland particularly in areas that Labour have never done well in.

Well, it was a better speech than Liz Truss’.

• Like 1

If the Scottish Parliament had FPTP the SNP would have a big majority all by itself. 

And here was me thinking the decline of Blackpool was down to the fact trips abroad are much more affordable and to places where you're almost guaranteed nice weather...

Deltapoll illustrating the Tories' Rwanda bounce.

17431528_Image29-04-2024at14_53.thumb.jpeg.4389447ecdfc095859b91106d0ad7814.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

image.png.94937daaf4ac03a4a2e3a09caea6b4a1.png

Workers Party?

Son of an architect and real estate developer. Mental health issues. Claims to be a follower of Sikhism and was caught drinking alcohol. International cricketer.

That Monty Panesar?

Yeah, you would think with that history he'd be a Tory.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Workers Party?

Son of an architect and real estate developer. Mental health issues. Claims to be a follower of Sikhism and was caught drinking alcohol. International cricketer.

That Monty Panesar?

Dunno being a hypocritical c**t maybe Galloway is the perfect fit.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I thought this self-promoting cunt promised to fuck off and move abroad if Brexit went badly?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TQR said:

I thought this self-promoting cunt promised to fuck off and move abroad if Brexit went badly?

That would mean him having to admit it which we never will

• Like 3

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Workers Party?

That Monty Panesar?

His policies still are Tory. 

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Workers Party?

That Monty Panesar?

Quite a CV, hadn't really paid him much attention previously - so, a shoo-in for the celebrity jungle, as and when, then.

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

image.png.94937daaf4ac03a4a2e3a09caea6b4a1.png

Said he's never voted. Just who you want representing you. Also unveiled today are a former UKIP MEP and 2 former ambassadors, only one of whom I'm familiar with (Craig Murray) - long-time crank, stood as an Independent against Jack Straw in my constituency in 2005 over Iraq. Think he was ambassador to Uzbekistan or something like that. Anyway, always stands somewhere, never got close to parliament. Galloway claims he's speaking to 3 Labour MPs and a Labour peer about defecting. Oh, and that his aim to to replace Labour. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

That Monty Panesar?

I thought it was a type of cheese.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Said he's never voted. Just who you want representing you. Also unveiled today are a former UKIP MEP and 2 former ambassadors, only one of whom I'm familiar with (Craig Murray) - long-time crank, stood as an Independent against Jack Straw in my constituency in 2005 over Iraq. Think he was ambassador to Uzbekistan or something like that. Anyway, always stands somewhere, never got close to parliament. Galloway claims he's speaking to 3 Labour MPs and a Labour peer about defecting. Oh, and that his aim to to replace Labour. :facepalm:

:lol:

Of course you are George

• Haha 1

Not strictly political but connected.

438079196_962181829247468_81513836392777

• Like 2