Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Watched the Cecil Parkinson affair documentary on Channel 5. My god what a cunt even by Tory standards

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Watched the Cecil Parkinson affair documentary on Channel 5. My god what a cunt even by Tory standards

Those of us who lived through it - well you picked a side. He had plenty of supporters, believe me.

I thought he was the most disgusting cockwomble ever - and there were plenty of contenders for that title during the Thatcher/Major years.

I see Sara Keays still lives, though quiet for quite a while now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Those of us who lived through it - well you picked a side. He had plenty of supporters, believe me.

I thought he was the most disgusting cockwomble ever - and there were plenty of contenders for that title during the Thatcher/Major years.

In fact, I have been consistent in the matter. :lol:

On 26/04/2016 at 18:52, YoungWillz said:

Cecil Parkinson proves to be a scumbag in death as well as in life: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3559495/Cecil-Parkinson-leaves-Asperger-s-lovechild-will.html

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

In fact, I have been consistent in the matter. :lol:

I consistently stuck on the fence as evidence shows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

I consistently stuck on the fence as evidence shows. 

And what say you now after 8 odd years? :lol:

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

And what say you now after 8 odd years? :lol:

:lol: My views haven't changed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

In 6 weeks so 20 million or so people in England will be cheering for someone who is only a step above what Parkinson did. 

Listening to John Swinney who announces he is running for leader of the SNP.

Modesty and humility are not his strong points. :lol:

We'll see if Kate Forbes fancies her chances.

Just been to vote, was surprised how many people were there given the time. Bumped into one of the (Labour) candidates: my old science teacher! We had a lovely chat.

• Like 4

We've only got to vote for the police commissioner, so I doubt many will bother, but I shall pop in and do my bit towards voting out a Tory.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TQR said:

Just been to vote, was surprised how many people were there given the time. Bumped into one of the (Labour) candidates: my old science teacher! We had a lovely chat.

It was reasonably busy at mine (Well they were other people there - I’ve been there for local elections where nobody else is in there) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Listening to John Swinney who announces he is running for leader of the SNP.

Modesty and humility are not his strong points. :lol:

We'll see if Kate Forbes fancies her chances.

Kate Forbes pulls out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I see Sara Keays still lives, though quiet for quite a while now.  remains a shoo in for obits as and when! And, turns 77 next month.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

Just voted; I wasn't a bit of a Tom Hunt and took my ID with me. About as busy as usual (i.e. not very). We had a by-election for one council seat (on account of some dubious practise by the previously elected Councillor) as well as the Police and Crime commissioner, who has been in office ever since the post was created and is effin useless!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TQR said:

I've just been out to vote, surprisingly busy for a local election, by which I mean I had to wait for a booth to open up. Here the only political post we're not voting on is M.P. hopefully that will change soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TQR said:

Voted 5 minutes ago, wonder if the nice weather will make turnout a bit higher (don't know what it's doing elsewhere). Our local polling station is rarely that busy (live in the deprived end of Blackburn) but there were 3 of us, and a couple were coming in as we left. Also heard a lady being turned away due to Rishi's bullshit voter ID law, wonder if she'll be back with what she needs or whether it will work exactly as they intend it to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh this is just wonderful

GMl-5SYXkAEGM_C.png

Shows just what a fucking bullshit law it is. Clearly not that concerned about voter fraud is he? :angry:

The effects will vary regionally.. In areas where more people drive less people will be affected. Older people who use buses a lot will also be less affected as bus passes are valid id. 

41 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh this is just wonderful

GMl-5SYXkAEGM_C.png

Forget whatever the final results are, this is by far going to be the highlight of this election.

Labour are worried about London’s turnout and seem to be genuinely panicking about Sadiq Khan.