CaptainChorizo

Rob Ford

Damn, I dropped him to make room for Jimmy Carter :flame2:

I've already mentioned the last minute tweak that dropped Fidel Castro from my RDP team and put Ford in the side, so I won't mention it again.

• Like 1

I've already mentioned the last minute tweak that dropped Fidel Castro from my RDP team and put Ford in the side, so I won't mention it again.

In deadpooling history, there's been worse last minute substitutions.

And I dropped him only a few weeks back to make room for Paul Daniels on my Rotten Deadpool.

85 points on my DDP squad with big Rob. Well en route to hit 100 points now - yes, this will be my own version of "surely Mother Angelica can't be far behind"?

RIP, thanks for the entertainment you've provided over the past few years.

Guest Guest

very sad to hear of his death at such a young age, but I'm sure Donald Trump will do his best to continue his legacy of buffoonery

Helluva a lot sooner than I thought.

Sniffed it...

er, snuffed it.

• Like 1

Sniffed it...

er, snuffed it.

His family were told there's no money left in his bank accounts, but they can get a few thousand Canadian dollars by selling his credit cards on.

Sniffed it...

er, snuffed it.

His family were told there's no money left in his bank accounts, but they can get a few thousand Canadian dollars by selling his credit cards on.

At least enough for a few highs.

Hit 5 for me, so far this year is turning out to be a stellar one, for me. :D I hope it continues.

At the end of last year, I couldn't imagine that such a prominent man would simply die of cancer, so young, and so quickly. But maybe he wasn't as wealthy and/or well-connected as I thought. Maybe he really was a buffoon.

Wow, he shoulda made a crack at the deathlist this year, but oh well. RIP Rob.

Kudos to everyone who took a punt on the canuck crackfiend.

:D

ETA: If he gets on with it, it'd mean three hits in alphabetical order in my team.

He did!

• Like 1

Jeez, that was quick. I guess no one is too young to die from smoking crack after all.

Guest Droosy

overdose? or the typical and boring cancer? the mayor junkie had it coming either way

Just did searches for a couple of my selections this year, and both of them have cancer in remission.

Is there a thread where we can rant about that?

Guest Droosy

Just did searches for a couple of my selections this year, and both of them have cancer in remission.

Is there a thread where we can rant about that?

You mean the "Cancer survivors who died of cancer" thread?

At the end of last year, I couldn't imagine that such a prominent man would simply die of cancer, so young, and so quickly. But maybe he wasn't as wealthy and/or well-connected as I thought. Maybe he really was a buffoon.

Nah, he was wealthy enough to afford good doctors and even an expensive, weird clinical trial with mice in the US.

The problem is, he had recurrent, metastatic, pleomorphic liposarcoma, which became resistant to chemotherapy, and could not be resected, presumably due to the location of the tumours and his failing health. (I guess, the fact that he was extremely obese probably didn't help either.)

At the end of last year, I couldn't imagine that such a prominent man would simply die of cancer, so young, and so quickly.

I think this is a lesson for deadpoolers, call it the Tito Vilanova Law. If a famous, young person goes "cancer-ridden, remission, cancer-ridden and forced to retire" in quick succession, it's probably a sign.