YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

Are we facebook now. Duly ignored all requests for likes just to be sure in case we are.

A Boris / Trump tagteam for this bear.

The hollywood blondes .

• Like 1

LIKE this post if you are not British but are anti-Brexit

LIKE this post if you want me to slap a warning on Eesti. :-D

DON'T like this post if you are happy with the aftermath of the recent site upgrade!

Are we facebook now. Duly ignored all requests for likes just to be sure in case we are.

Retweet for Boris, Favourite for Teresa. Oh hang on, wrong site...

• Like 3

All I know is the Dow Jones wiped out all its 2016 gains today and if the money that I lost from my retirement account doesn't quickly reappear I will be coming over to England and taking it out of someone's ass with a cattle prod.

Like most Americans, I don't care a rat's ass about the UK and the EU having a conscious uncoupling until it hits my pocketbook. I retire in four and a half years, so take your temper tantrum out of my financials.

Keep one thing in mind, though. Technology is going to keep eliminating blue collar jobs whether England belongs to the EU or not. Companies will not stop offshoring and every reassurance they make about not offshoring isn't worth shit. There still won't be raises or bonuses unless you are C-Suite, and you will still do the work of three while being paid for one-half. The first world is undergoing a labor shift and that isn't going to change, EU or no EU.

• Like 2

Dow Jones losses ?

That's globalisation, innit.

+++ should've been in Gold, that went ^

And if anyone cares about my own thoughts on this, I am of two minds. On the one hand, I regard it as a triumph against the neo-liberal consensus, on the other hand, it's a real pity. I think Mr. Corbyn has a similar opinion, the EU has become a bit of a bureaucratic corporatist nightmare, but then the original idea was rather neat. I wonder what will happen to my british neighbors in hipsterific Berlin Neukölln.

My neice in Potsdam is seriously considering applying for German citizenship.

• Like 1

And if anyone cares about my own thoughts on this, I am of two minds. On the one hand, I regard it as a triumph against the neo-liberal consensus, on the other hand, it's a real pity. I think Mr. Corbyn has a similar opinion, the EU has become a bit of a bureaucratic corporatist nightmare, but then the original idea was rather neat. I wonder what will happen to my british neighbors in hipsterific Berlin Neukölln.

My neice in Potsdam is seriously considering applying for German citizenship.

Irish passport applications from people in Britain who've never set foot in Ireland are going to sky-rocket. There citizenship rules allow the child and grandchild of any Irish citizen to claim Irish citizenship.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/unusually-high-number-of-people-seeking-irish-passports-northern/

I am off to a meeting in Brussels on Monday. Probably the only UK representative there. Should be interesting.

A Boris / Trump tagteam for this bear.

The hollywood blondes .

Hulk Hogan as Trump's running mate and you get a treble!

• Like 1

I am off to a meeting in Brussels on Monday. Probably the only UK representative there. Should be interesting.

08:04 from STP?

• Like 1

Ignoring the salty tossers calling for a re-run because they lost.

We have a massive water-shed moment in the geo-political nature of the United Kingdom which is fast becoming a laughable name:

1. Nicola Sturgeon will almost certainly call a second EU referendum before October 2018
  2. Northern Ireland may hold a vote on the re-unification of Ireland or N. Ireland independence from the United Kingdom by 2020
  3. Londoners are calling for an independent London city-state, that would rejoin the European Union and function like Singapore (imho go for it)
  4. Wales voted heavily to cut off their supply of money, meaning that Plaid Cymru's support will probably increase as they blame Westminster not devolved government, they're unlikely to want to cling to England when it gets left alone.
  5. The leave campaign have said that they aren't actually going to get rid of freedom of movement from the EU, or any of the trade regulations.
  6. Gibraltar are probably going to declare independence or join Spain.

It reads like the nation background log for a game of nation-states.

Well done Britain you've voted to become Norway and ruin your own domestic geo-politics.

For the United Kingdom, 23rd June 2016 is going to be a catastrophically significant day in our history, the kind that's studied in depth after the next European war, it will replace the question "Why did the League of Nations fail?" in GCSE History exams.

• Like 3

Yes but I thought you only did planes :-)

We have a massive water-shed moment in the geo-political nature of the United Kingdom which is fast becoming a laughable name:

1. Nicola Sturgeon will almost certainly call a second EU referendum before October 2018
  2. Northern Ireland may hold a vote on the re-unification of Ireland or N. Ireland independence from the United Kingdom by 2020
  3. Londoners are calling for an independent London city-state, that would rejoin the European Union and function like Singapore (imho go for it)
  4. Wales voted heavily to cut off their supply of money, meaning that Plaid Cymru's support will probably increase as they blame Westminster not devolved government, they're unlikely to want to cling to England when it gets left alone.
  5. The leave campaign have said that they aren't actually going to get rid of freedom of movement from the EU, or any of the trade regulations.

Well done Britain you've voted to become Norway and ruin your own domestic geo-politics.

For the United Kingdom, 23rd June 2016 is going to be a catastrophically significant day in our history, the kind that's studied in depth after the next European war, it will replace the question "Why did the League of Nations fail?" in GCSE History exams.

Would be a decent post if it wasn't based on suppositions ( Krankie has actually said the Independence referendum is 'on the table' which is serious back pedalling from yesterday) and the rest are factually bollocks. Can you actually see Northern Ireland going for reunification???????

FFS.

Yes but I thought you only did planes :-)

He will do anything in a nice pair of trousers. :lol:

• Like 1

You've quoted me but just put the number 1? Mistake?

I have actually held off signing the 2nd referendum petition because if the result had been the other way round the Remainers would have been calling out Farage when he demanded it was too close. Before the event though I did say the result needed to be at least 54:46 to be comfortable.

The trouble is if there is a second referendum there is going to be a feeling that they are saying Do it again until you get the right answer.

I did see someone post something on Facebook saying "I am no longer going to call this Great Britain or the United Kingdom instead I am going to call it Cockwomble Land"

You've quoted me but just put the number 1? Mistake?

redone

I actually have to catch the 6.06 East Midlands Train from Kettering.

Northern Ireland may hold a vote on the re-unification of Ireland or N. Ireland independence from the United Kingdom by 2020[/

[*]Londoners are calling for an independent London city-state, that would rejoin the European Union and function like Singapore (imho go for it).

Northern Ireland joining Ireland is an excellent thing why are you speaking about it negatively.

Northern Ireland may hold a vote on the re-unification of Ireland or N. Ireland independence from the United Kingdom by 2020[/

[*]Londoners are calling for an independent London city-state, that would rejoin the European Union and function like Singapore (imho go for it).

Northern Ireland joining Ireland is an excellent thing why are you speaking about it negatively.

He didn't he stated it as a possibility. The negative is that the Union is destroyed, it might be a great opportunity for Ireland.

Tell you what get a Ouija board and ask the Ghost of Ian Paisley.

All possibly true, though I guess the referendum only sped up the processes that were already going on anyway. Since around 1880 the UK was in a process of decline. It looked like the process was stopped with the Thatcherite reforms, but it wasn't really true, because the price of London's increased share of global capital was the fragmentation of the British society, which has now resulted in the Brexit vote. And what did the UK gain with these reforms? Probably not much, since relatively static, more leftist France had a similar economic trajectory, and has now overtaken the UK.

Being Norway wouldn't be that bad, though, I guess.

• Like 1

He didn't he stated it as a possibility. The negative is that the Union is destroyed, it might be a great opportunity for Ireland. Tell you what get a Ouija board and ask the Ghost of Ian Paisley.
fuck the union a United Ireland for life. UNITED IRELAND. UNITED IRELAND. UNITED IRELAND. UNITED IRELAND.
  • Like 1

Would be a decent post if it wasn't based on suppositions ( Krankie has actually said the Independence referendum is 'on the table' which is serious back pedalling from yesterday) and the rest are factually bollocks. Can you actually see Northern Ireland going for reunification???????

FFS.

I would bet a substantial money on Northern Ireland reunifying with Ireland, with a devolved regional parliament, in my life-time following the Brexit vote. Once they start feeling the economic effects of Bexit, the issue of are we British, are we Irish will be moot and the issue of can my kids have a good future in Ireland or Britain will matter much more.

I have actually held off signing the 2nd referendum petition because if the result had been the other way round the Remainers would have been calling out Farage when he demanded it was too close. Before the event though I did say the result needed to be at least 54:46 to be comfortable.

The trouble is if there is a second referendum there is going to be a feeling that they are saying Do it again until you get the right answer.

I did see someone post something on Facebook saying "I am no longer going to call this Great Britain or the United Kingdom instead I am going to call it Cockwomble Land"

I'm not signing it. If those restrictions were wanted in the vote they should have been made known before the vote. Everybody knew the requirements for yesterdays vote, the fact remain voters sat at home is one we need to live with. It should have been a super-majority of 66.6% required in my opinion, but retroactively changing a results legitimacy because you didn't like it isn't right.

All possibly true, though I guess the referendum only sped up the processes that were already going on anyway. Since around 1880 the UK was in a process of decline. It looked like the process was stopped with the Thatcherite reforms, but it wasn't really true, because the price of London's increased share of global capital was the fragmentation of the British society, which has now resulted in the Brexit vote. And what did the UK gain with these reforms? Probably not much, since relatively static, more leftist France had a similar economic trajectory, and has now overtaken the UK.

Being Norway wouldn't be that bad, though, I guess.

Watch the country tear itself apart as UKIP win an election on a close our borders campaign claiming the official campaign lied about free movement. No thanks.

Not sure you'll be saying the went the Ulster loyalists suddenly find their arsenals.

Not sure you'll be saying the went the Ulster loyalists suddenly find their arsenals.
they are on the wrong side of History. I am on the right side and with that Ireland must unite.