Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2016

Okay - there's loads of picks and near as makes no odds 30 teams so any help chronicling deaths and counting obits is greatly welcomed. GC Reptile currenly sits 365 points ahead of the scoreless masses. let's count the carnage and come to a quick conclusion.

My pick Tom Brokaw isn't on your list MPFC.

That's a monster of a master list...

On it!

• Like 1

I was tight as fuck on the rules this year - and may well amend them going forward cos some CUNT POSTED three teams during the entry period. Might well limit amended teams to TWO (first one and a rethink) at a maximum, whaddya reckon?

I think that's more than generous. Personally I would just accept subs for deaths before the starting line, and no other amendments.

I wouldn't expect to be able to change my mind for the DDP, so why should this be any different? People have a whole year to plan their lists.

On it!

Thanks in advance MPFC, I can appreciate the hard work you've already put into this over a busy time of year.

Thank you OP for all your hard work and setting up this thread!

Can I show how dim I am and ask what the star asterisk symbolises please? If it means unique pick does that mean unique to this thread or the whole forum as I seem to be the only one who's picked Eilleen Derbyshire but no asterisk?

Apologies in advance!

Also is Ken Hechler Ken Kercheval as I have no memory of voting for a Mr Hechler??

Sorry To be a pest!

Nope and my mistake, since sorted on the masterlist on page one.

• Like 1

Checking the masterlist out and noticed you've merged two very similarly-named Japanese men (so an understandable mistake) into one:

Yasuhiro Nakasone (former Prime Minister) was picked by Bibliogryphon and Unknown Man

Yoshiro Nakamatsu (bonkers inventor) was picked by Chorizo, myself, and Sir Creep

I submitted my team to Maryport seven minutes late so, as amends, I will be competing as a shadow team and if I beat the official winner to the punch, I'll donate £10 cash to charity myself. My team is the same as my DDP entry just with Mother Angelica as the joker.

364 points for Michel Delpech

• Like 1

Checking the masterlist out and noticed you've merged two very similarly-named Japanese men (so an understandable mistake) into one:

Yasuhiro Nakasone (former Prime Minister) was picked by Bibliogryphon and Unknown Man

Yoshiro Nakamatsu (bonkers inventor) was picked by Chorizo, myself, and Sir Creep

That's actually quite reassuring to know - I thought I was losing it when I saw the two names on the original list and merged them at the last minute (i.e. when I managed to snag an hour away from the family festivities). Once again, sorted and addressed on the main masterlist.

Also is Ken Hechler Ken Kercheval as I have no memory of voting for a Mr Hechler??

Sorry To be a pest!

Nope and my mistake, since sorted on the masterlist on page one.

Thank you very much.

Seems like Death Impends also gets 364 points for Delpech

Seems like Death Impends also gets 364 points for Delpech

Aye fella, I'm on it.

This shit just got serious, or summat!

• Like 1

9 - An "obit" in the context of the Deathrace is any news report in English from a reliable source.

I haven't seen a single news report in English regarding the death of Michel Delpech.

Sorry to be a cockwomble, but I think we should wait until he gets an actual qualifying obit before you start giving out points.

• Like 1

An awesome list put together MPFC, so hats off to the amount of work already put into the competition. Reading your earlier post, with so many entrants this time around, including many debutants such as myself, perhaps just one team per member next time around would ease your burden. Sounds cruel as you were offering the opportunity to members to submit a "near miss" select, but such is the popularity of your competition I fear the work load will only increase in the coming seasons.

President Hollande felt the need to issue a statement in mourning at Delpech's death, confident he'll get either a Times or Guardian obit by the week's end.

Of course a person I pick for the Harepool instead of Deathrace dies on Jan 1. :banghead:

• Like 4

First off, good luck running this again, MPFC, it's always good fun, and thanks for taking a team in PM, and keeping it secret. Even if everyone else had the names, and I nicked your intended joker by ESP!

Second off, hope you managed to enjoy your new year.

Third off, Delpech died after I ruled him out of my team? That bloody bastard. Hah.

Of course a person I pick for the Harepool instead of Deathrace dies on Jan 1. :banghead:

Perfect example of why I would like to enter the same team in both, just for comparison. Unfortunately Hare requires 25 names, so exact duplication is not possible.

Perfect example of why I would like to enter the same team in both, just for comparison. Unfortunately Hare requires 25 names, so exact duplication is not possible.

at least you didn't make the mistake of entering Liam neeson.

I was tight as fuck on the rules this year - and may well amend them going forward cos some CUNT POSTED three teams during the entry period. Might well limit amended teams to TWO (first one and a rethink) at a maximum, whaddya reckon?

I think that's more than generous. Personally I would just accept subs for deaths before the starting line, and no other amendments.

I wouldn't expect to be able to change my mind for the DDP, so why should this be any different? People have a whole year to plan their lists.

You do that NO ONE would fucking enter till the 30th at least and we see how well THAT worked tyvm Howard Davis you fuck

SC