RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

As I mentioned Doris Roberts and Jerry Stiller a month ago for next years list, I stay by that thought. Well, without Doris now. I'm convinced that Jerry won't make it past this year but if he does he should be added for 2017. After his wife's death he became quiet and if internet isn't lying (haha), he's retired, too.

A question: Do the committee take a thread like this as a "sketch" for next year? If not, they should. Or at least there should be a poll or something. You know, like take 200 people with the highest chance of dying next year and let us decide which 50 should be listed.

Towards the beginning of December - a thread will be posted asking "Who should be on the 2017 Deathlist?". The committee may or may not pay attention to it, but I'm pretty certain celebrities mentioned in that thread have been included in years past.

Pearl Washington died today. I remember someone saying he was not going to see 2017. Patricio Aylwin died yesterday aged 98 and he was in a horrible condition ever in december. Deathlist refused to pick them (maybe Washington is not so famous, yes) or Howard Marks to pick Lester Piggott, Murray Walker, Mary Tyler Moore, Glenn Campbell and none of them is gonna die this year.

I agree with everything you said. But I can't complain either. I've got only Nancy in my shadow but George Kennedy, Doris Roberts and Abe Vigoda were people who somehow I forgot to add. They were in my mind, obviously, but Val Kilmer and few others took their place instead in December changes.

Kylie, Sally Dyvenor, Jennifer Saunders, Sharon Osbourne, Cynthia Nixon, Olivia Newton-John, Anastasia, Sam Taylor-Johnson, Sheryl Crowe, Dame Maggie Smith have all had cancer

i'm sure there is a rumours thread, but I cant find it so I'll put this here. This has been doing the rounds today

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843

i'm sure there is a rumours thread, but I cant find it so I'll put this here. This has been doing the rounds today

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843

Yes, I read it the other day, I'm sure it was posted on here somewhere.

Now you mention it, I think there is indeed a Rumours thread, and that is probably where it is.

ETA

and then again, not.

ETA again

It's right there in the Prince thread on 18 April. Post 23. Just the link with no comment, that's why it didn't stand out.

• Like 1

What about Ralph Bakshi?

• Like 2

Cissy Houston - Whitney's mom. She's 82. Could be a lucky strike for the Houstons. Hm...Dionne Warwick could be close to the 69 position with Earth, too.

Guest Anthony

Still Waiting For Alan Young, William Schallert, Bob Barker, Norman Lloyd, Mike Connors and Shelley Berman to be added to the list

Still Waiting For Alan Young, William Schallert, Bob Barker, Norman Lloyd, Mike Connors and Shelley Berman to be added to the list

Who?

• Like 2

Who?

ALAN YOUNG, WILLIAM SCHALLERT, BOB BARKER, NORMAN LLOYD, MIKE CONNORS AND SHELLEY BERMAN.

• Like 6

Who?

I know who three out of six are but only because they have been discussed here.

• Like 2

Charlie Sheen, Michael Douglas, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood...

Who?

ALAN YOUNG, WILLIAM SCHALLERT, BOB BARKER, NORMAN LLOYD, MIKE CONNORS AND SHELLEY BERMAN.

No need to shout young man ;-).

• Like 2

Who?

Have they all been members of The Drifters at some point since 1955 ?

• Like 1

Linda Ronstadt could use a thread :) but this time I won't make one. I'm in rehab on thread creation.

• Like 3

Linda Ronstadt could use a thread :) but this time I won't make one. I'm in rehab on thread creation.

Did she invent some kind of temperature control?

</everyone born after like 1982>

• Like 1

For the past three years I have cross referenced my 1000 name long list against all the DDP picks and the following list is the twenty oldest people on my list who have not been picked in each of those three years.

1. Peter Brook – Theatre Director (b.1925)

2. William McPherson – Judge (b.1926)

3. J P Donleavy – Writer (b.1926)

4. Margaret Stuart-Barry - Writer (b.1927)

5. Shirley Hughes – Writer (b.1927)

6. John Habgood – Former Archbishop of York (b.1927)

7. Babs Chinnery – Beverly Sister (b.1927)

8. Teddie Chinnery – Beverly Sister (b.1927)

9. Jeanette Charles – Actress (b.1927)

10. Kate Wilhelm – Writer (b.1928)

11. Nicolas Roeg – Writer (b.1928)

12. C W McCall - Singer (b.1928)

13. James Ivory – Director (b.1928)

14. Peter Firmin – Producer (b.1928)

15. John Barton – Theatre Director (b.1928)

16. John Woodvine – Actor (b. 1929)

17. Tony Soper – Naturalist (b. 1929)

18. Clifford Rose - Actor (b. 1929)

19. Lynne Reid-Banks – Writer (b. 1929)

20. Jack Higgins – Writer (b. 1929)

However looking at this list suggest more about the sort of names on my long list rather than being real suggestions for 2017.

I suppose that could pass as a DDP theme team of sorts.

• Like 1

Obvious choice, but why not... Harris Wofford, the 90-year old US senator who just said he wants to marry his partner, who is 50 years younger than him - it would be his second marriage after his 50-year long marriage with his wife who died in 1995.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36127215

• Like 1

Guest Droosy

Am I the one who think that Hugh Jackman is likely to die next year even if he claims to be in good health ? http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/ve-felt-like-underdog-admits-Hugh-Jackman-star/story-29006862-detail/whatson/story.html

He had cancer several times before reaching 50!

Obviously, he has had a fifth cancer growth removed recently. http://www.albanydailystar.com/health/wolverine-advice-sunscreen-against-skin-cancer-milwaukee-tech-time-16205.html

Growing up in Australia, he was too poor to afford sunscreen, so now he keeps on campaigning, with a bandage on his nose, for using more sunscreen in households

For the past three years I have cross referenced my 1000 name long list against all the DDP picks and the following list is the twenty oldest people on my list who have not been picked in each of those three years.

However looking at this list suggest more about the sort of names on my long list rather than being real suggestions for 2017.

Fuck sake, there's two there - Donleavy and Soper - I'd totally forgotten were still with us. Thanks

• Like 2

David Rockefeller (if he arrives to the end of the year)

Fuck sake, there's two there - Donleavy and Soper - I'd totally forgotten were still with us. Thanks

I saw a picture of Soper somewhere recently and he looked quite good for age. He'll probably die tomorrow now. I'd forgotten Roeg was still alive actually.

• Like 1

Former long-standing BBC chatshow host Michael Parkinson could be worth a punt for 2017 ?

Biblio do you think you might have a list problem, should we book you into list rehab?

• Like 1

Former long-standing BBC chatshow host Michael Parkinson could be worth a punt for 2017 ?

Do I get a Free Pen if I sign him up Scraggy?

• Like 2