RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

Well that's spooky. I've got a nasty cold and have been living on chicken soup for the last two days.

And I've been having chips with everything.

I've had sausage rolls.

G7tJm3ot.gif

Blimey, that was a jolly fast tumbleweed !!

Why is there a lack of information about former UDM leader Roy Lynk?

He does not have his own wiki page and I still cannot find a birthdate for him but the role he played in the Miner's strike is so important I imagine he would certainly obit.

Also should Arthur Scargill be in consideration for next year?

I did a bit of digging and found an article from 2004 which described Roy as 71 so we are looking at 1933 or 1932. He was older than I thought. I also believed Arthur was older than him. Oh well

Guest Justin

Sorry if bindun and I'm coming at this from an American perspective, but what about Johnny "Johnny Football" Manziel? Dude's likely never going to play in the NFL again and is basically a walking meth lab in a half-consumed handle of Goose...

Sorry if bindun and I'm coming at this from an American perspective, but what about Johnny "Johnny Football" Manziel? Dude's likely never going to play in the NFL again and is basically a walking meth lab in a half-consumed handle of Goose...

He's been appearing in the occasional commercial recently and seems ok unless he has a relapse.

I wanted to stab my eyes with an ice pick after reading this.

SC

• Like 1

What about Roxettes Marie Frederiksson?

Today Roxette announced that they cancel their world tour and stop touring forever.

Marie Frederiksson had a brain tumor in 2002 and won the fight against cancer a few years later.

But now the doctors told her to stop touring due to concerns about her health...

We should have a Look on her...

http://www.thelocal.se/20160418/swedish-roxette-cancel-europe-summer-tour

• Like 1

British Actress Karina Huff died aged 55. She took parte to many unwatchable Italian comedies in the 80s.

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/cinema/2016/04/18/news/e_morta_karina_huff_la_bionda_susan_di_sapore_di_mare_-137903693/

Today, for some reason, I was sure that Barry Manilow was dead.

I also was mostly thinking that Des O'Connor has been very quiet of late, he is 84.

Just wondering, like.

You may be thinking of the incident a few years back when he walked into a wall in his hotel room and broke his nose. With anybody else that would be a relatively minor injury, but...

You may be thinking of the incident a few years back when he walked into a wall in his hotel room and broke his nose. With anybody else that would be a relatively minor injury, but...

Understandable, the wall was only 35 feet from the door.

• Like 1

I also was mostly thinking that Des O'Connor has been very quiet of late, he is 84.

Just wondering, like.

Regarding Manilow, would that just be wishful thinking?

Just wondering, like.

Regarding Manilow, would that just be wishful thinking?

Aye, and maybe it's just Pretend where Des is concerned

• Like 2

As I mentioned Doris Roberts and Jerry Stiller a month ago for next years list, I stay by that thought. Well, without Doris now. I'm convinced that Jerry won't make it past this year but if he does he should be added for 2017. After his wife's death he became quiet and if internet isn't lying (haha), he's retired, too.

A question: Do the committee take a thread like this as a "sketch" for next year? If not, they should. Or at least there should be a poll or something. You know, like take 200 people with the highest chance of dying next year and let us decide which 50 should be listed.

• Like 1

As I mentioned Doris Roberts and Jerry Stiller a month ago for next years list, I stay by that thought. Well, without Doris now. I'm convinced that Jerry won't make it past this year but if he does he should be added for 2017. After his wife's death he became quiet and if internet isn't lying (haha), he's retired, too.

A question: Do the committee take a thread like this as a "sketch" for next year? If not, they should. Or at least there should be a poll or something. You know, like take 200 people with the highest chance of dying next year and let us decide which 50 should be listed.

The committee is the committee and they are beholden to no man. There has been an experiment this year with the crowdsourced deathlist but the jury is still out on that one.

• Like 1

The committee is the committee and they are beholden to no man. There has been an experiment this year with the crowdsourced deathlist but the jury is still out on that one.

After this years 5-6 misses they should reconsider my words up there. Forgot to mention that I beg them to take people who are a bit more famous then many of these on this years list and also, Death List needs a makeover.

The DL is the committee's baby, hence they're free to ignore (or not) suggestions in these threads; they have been known to add names based on suggestions (see John Edrich, 2010, Harlan Ellison 2011 - both of whom are still alive and kicking, so you can understand their reluctance to wholeheartedly embrace suggestions somewhat).

Please don't get all Sir Creep on us!

• Like 5

Towards the beginning of December - a thread will be posted asking "Who should be on the 2017 Deathlist?". The committee may or may not pay attention to it, but I'm pretty certain celebrities mentioned in that thread have been included in years past.

• Like 1

Towards the beginning of December - a thread will be posted asking "Who should be on the 2017 Deathlist?". The committee may or may not pay attention to it, but I'm pretty certain celebrities mentioned in that thread have been included in years past.

Pearl Washington died today. I remember someone saying he was not going to see 2017. Patricio Aylwin died yesterday aged 98 and he was in a horrible condition ever in december. Deathlist refused to pick them (maybe Washington is not so famous, yes) or Howard Marks to pick Lester Piggott, Murray Walker, Mary Tyler Moore, Glenn Campbell and none of them is gonna die this year.

• Like 1

If DL 2016 fails, scoring less than 10 deaths, the committe has to consider some changes for next year....

This year they really risk a 2011-like failure and I will be not surprised if that actually happens.

If DL 2016 fails, scoring less than 10 deaths, the committe has to consider some changes for next year....

This year they really risk a 2011-like failure and I will be not surprised if that actually happens.

We are actually way ahead of the curve 5 hits in the first third of the year. Often the Autumn can provide some surprises. I don't agree with every name on the list but my Shadowlist is way behind so I am not going to criticize.

We are actually way ahead of the curve 5 hits in the first third of the year. Often the Autumn can provide some surprises. I don't agree with every name on the list but my Shadowlist is way behind so I am not going to criticize.

Yes, maybe you're right. I only said they could improve. Unfortunately Zsa Zsa, Billy Graham, Bhumibol, Castro, Olivia, Douglas will never die so they are only dead weight although they must stay on the list. What really makes the difference are the other picks; I agree that Peter Sallis will probably die (like Havelange, Adams, Carrington) but the rest is messed up (Piggott? Walker? Gall? Mary Tyler Moore? Tommy Chong? James Randi? Doug Ellis? what did they smoke?).

Yes, maybe you're right. I only said they could improve. Unfortunately Zsa Zsa, Billy Graham, Bhumibol, Castro, Olivia, Douglas will never die so they are only dead weight although they must stay on the list. What really makes the difference are the other picks; I agree that Peter Sallis will probably die (like Havelange, Adams, Carrington) but the rest is messed up (Piggott? Walker? Gall? Mary Tyler Moore? Tommy Chong? James Randi? Doug Ellis? what did they smoke?).

Still not sure Carrington will go. He looks like he has 100 written all over him.

Still think MTM is a good call but Walker and Gall might be canny picks.

We have to lose 25 each year so new blood has to come from somewhere.

I still think there are at least 12-13 on the list. Maybe even 15.

• Like 1

Still not sure Carrington will go. He looks like he has 100 written all over him.

Still think MTM is a good call but Walker and Gall might be canny picks.

We have to lose 25 each year so new blood has to come from somewhere.

I still think there are at least 12-13 on the list. Maybe even 15.

You are optimist but MTM won't go this year.... and you said Carrinhton is not done yet. Plus John Noakes is a horrible pick, while Dennis Norden seems to be OK. And Kissinger won't die this year we all know. Chirac, Gazza? Bad bad picks. Hope it does not go so bad but it won't be a record list like 2015.