Grim Reaper

44. Prunella Scales

17 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Timothy West will be best remembered as Edward VII, won't he? Looked like him several times last night, when he had the beard.  I enjoyed seeing the two of them last night though didn't realise it was a one-off. Probably worth putting both on for next year. 

Francesca Anis was the young Lillie Langtry, I'm guessing. 

I would have thought Brass would have been his signature role.

• Like 1

He's been Winston Churchill a couple of times, but it's Royal Jelly that sticks in my mind.

a025.gif

• Like 2

Now I want to be contrarian and say Nicholas and Alexandra! But yeah, Royal Jelly or King Edward are the standouts imo

Although a role not mentioned that easily jumps to mind is as angry bipolar academic Professor Furie in an episode of a Very Peculiar Practice. Manages to steal the show off Peter Davison, David Troughton and Graham Crowden, no small feat!

Anyhow there is a Canal Journeys on next Sunday, but its another hastily put together clip show. Which suggests to me the channel wanted a proper new series but health got in the way.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

He's been Winston Churchill a couple of times, but it's Royal Jelly that sticks in my mind.

a025.gif

The great thing about Tales of the Unexpected was the short anthology nature of the show attracted the top talent.

There is one with John Gielgud and Ralph Richardson in.

Could be worth a list for British Character Actors

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The great thing about Tales of the Unexpected was the short anthology nature of the show attracted the top talent.

There is one with John Gielgud and Ralph Richardson in.

Could be worth a list for British Character Actors

This is why I like Inside No 9, 30 min anthology series so a bit like ToTU and they tend to nab strong casts per story. Also, Timothy West was in one of them too!

• Like 2

On 21/10/2019 at 18:58, msc said:

Anyhow there is a Canal Journeys on next Sunday, but its another hastily put together clip show. Which suggests to me the channel wanted a proper new series but health got in the way.

3 minutes new footage in an hour! And, as Scales mysteriously could keep conversation going, it looked like it was filmed some time ago.