Jump to content
Grim Reaper

44. Prunella Scales

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Timothy West will be best remembered as Edward VII, won't he? Looked like him several times last night, when he had the beard.  I enjoyed seeing the two of them last night though didn't realise it was a one-off. Probably worth putting both on for next year. 

 

Francesca Anis was the young Lillie Langtry, I'm guessing. 

I would have thought Brass would have been his signature role.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been Winston Churchill a couple of times, but it's Royal Jelly that sticks in my mind.

 a025.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I want to be contrarian and say Nicholas and Alexandra! But yeah, Royal Jelly or King Edward are the standouts imo

 

Although a role not mentioned that easily jumps to mind is as angry bipolar academic Professor Furie in an episode of a Very Peculiar Practice. Manages to steal the show off Peter Davison, David Troughton and Graham Crowden, no small feat!

 

 

Anyhow there is a Canal Journeys on next Sunday, but its another hastily put together clip show. Which suggests to me the channel wanted a proper new series but health got in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toast said:

He's been Winston Churchill a couple of times, but it's Royal Jelly that sticks in my mind.

 a025.gif

The great thing about Tales of the Unexpected was the short anthology nature of the show attracted the top talent.

 

There is one with John Gielgud and Ralph Richardson in.

 

Could be worth a list for British Character Actors

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The great thing about Tales of the Unexpected was the short anthology nature of the show attracted the top talent.

 

There is one with John Gielgud and Ralph Richardson in.

 

Could be worth a list for British Character Actors

 

This is why I like Inside No 9, 30 min anthology series so a bit like ToTU and they tend to nab strong casts per story. Also, Timothy West was in one of them too!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2019 at 18:58, msc said:

 

Anyhow there is a Canal Journeys on next Sunday, but its another hastily put together clip show. Which suggests to me the channel wanted a proper new series but health got in the way.

 

3 minutes new footage in an hour! And, as Scales mysteriously could keep conversation going, it looked like it was filmed some time ago.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use