Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zorders

"biggest" Death Of 2015?

Biggest death in 2015  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which one do you think was most significant, or which who did you like/hate most?

Like last year I've tried to put them in approximate chronological order and sorry if I missed your favourite out.

Unlike 2014 we didn't really have many 'shocking' celeb deaths (like Robin Williams/Rik Mayall/Joan Rivers). But I suppose some people lost their favourite author or actress or something so I made this poll again (also because the various Islamic attacks are worth including)

All of the above (except jihadi John or any of those dumb motherfuckers)

• Like 1

B B King from a personal point of view.

Otherwise, definitely Paris,

For me, the most significant one has to be Christopher Lee. The man was a real Legend, and semi-active even in his 90s, so it was a bit painful, even if not surprising.

The one I liked most was Jihadi John. He would have deserved something worse though.

The Paris shootings without doubt. The aftermath is still being felt right across the world. An act of terrorism ending 130 innocent lives is unforgivable.

Christoper Lee with Lemmy a close 2nd

Though on a personal level I would say Dusteh

What a stupid shite list.

I meant to say 'that's a fine list but I may have put together one a bit different.

SC

I meant to say 'that's a fine list but I may have put together one a bit different.

SC

LOL, that's a bit different though. The list, just like the site itself, might be too UK-heavy for an American, but who do you really miss there?

Frankly, the Saudi king may prove to be significant if the new regime start bombing Iran, or owt.

But I could only vote with my heart for Lemmy

Lemmy and B.B. King

The ones that I shall miss most

Ruth Rendell

Christopher Lee

Lemmy

All were still very active in providing us with entertainment.

SC

I put Dean Smith on it! What else did you want? The other basketball coach guy whose name I can't remember?

*still waiting for one vote for Al Molinaro to appear*

Leonard Nimoy as he was the most iconic.

SC

I put Dean Smith on it! What else did you want? The other basketball coach guy whose name I can't remember?

*still waiting for one vote for Al Molinaro to appear*

I invite you to review one simple category, music. Review Dead Pop Stars, Piper at the Gates, Stairway to Heaven, etc. and come to the conclusion that the only persons of note were one named Sledge and two named King. Are you nuts? I'm talking Brits not Americans.....

Oy vey!

This post/poll is actually a redundancy of an existing thread, but that requires you to make a list throughout the year as I did. Then you'd have your answer, towit 'none of the above'. None of my top three in fact made your poll. I'll stick with my opening retort.

SCreep

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7363&p=247241

What, no Cilla?????????!!!!!!!!!! He he.

I've voted for Lil' Chris. In a world of social media, with his followers looking on and doing precisely nothing, with the music biz and TV chewed him up and spat him out (nothing new there) and all his showbiz pals having deserted him, but in actual fact through social media watching his slide into depression and finally suicide, it goes to prove that you can still be watched, listened to but ultimately ignored and die lonely and miserable.

Social media for all its faults could have been a force for good, leading to an intervention. That such did not happen and the lack of education and understanding the majority have of mental health issues (which if people don't understand they naturally shy away from) is a sad indictment on common compassion and humanity which, I believe, coincidentally is being eroded as we speak, as more people use their electronic devices to communicate with each other, rather than their mouths.

• Like 1

With Helmut Schmidt death Germany lost its greatest moral authority.

Germany did, Nevertheless I voted Pratchett, 'cause I'll miss him most.

Germany did, Nevertheless I voted Pratchett, 'cause I'll miss him most.

That's ok with me, Hein :D

I voted for Schmidt. It was a head vs heart decision, my heart said Mr.Spock.