Sign in to follow this  
gcreptile

Joey Feek

I think I prefer the Bowie approach to dying. Just do it.

It took him 18 months, but at least he did it with dignity and in private without having to notify the media every 10 minutes.

That's what I meant. :)

• Like 1

It took him 18 months, but at least he did it with dignity and in private without having to notify the media every 10 minutes.

Yeah, and try as she might his final album will - metaphorically - piss all over hers

Not sure what the outcome of the talks she had with Jesus was.

"Jesus, that morphine is bloody good."
She did NOT say that!!!!!

She's American, so obviously didn't say "bloody" :)

Sir Creep says bloody and arse; he can't write the date properly though. duck.gif

• Like 1

Ultimately she knows that publicity will increase sales of the upcoming album. Unlike Bowie, I doubt Joey or Rory Feek are very rich, so maybe they decided to go down this route to help provide financially for their young child.

Ultimately she knows that publicity will increase sales of the upcoming album. Unlike Bowie, I doubt Joey or Rory Feek are very rich, so maybe they decided to go down this route to help provide financially for their young child.

Are there that many people who still buy their albums from their local Cracker Barrel? There's only one here in Minnesota. I'm intrigued, yet at the same fearful to eat there.

Are there that many people who still buy their albums from their local Cracker Barrel? There's only one here in Minnesota. I'm intrigued, yet at the same fearful to eat there.

Eating there is fine, just don't bring kids cuz you'll get scalped for $20 or more in the gift shop.

SC

Eating there is fine, just don't bring kids cuz you'll get scalped for $20 or more in the gift shop.

SC

Just don't take the kids to the gift shop :P

Or you tell the kids "Did you bring any money? No? oh that's too bad" :)

One thing I just discovered that may be assisting in Joey's hanging in there: We (well, I) immediately thought she was done for seeing as she 'entered hospice care'. However, the truth is the hospice care came to her. The hospice care is being delivered in the Feek homestead, not at some foreign facility. I think that makes a big difference in morale, comfort, etc and may account for her continued existence (although we've also read they quadrupled her pain meds, so...)

SC

You have to walk through the gift shop to get in or out of the place - unless you start a fire.

You have to walk through the gift shop to get in or out of the place - unless you start a fire.

That's when you use the latter that I suggested. We only have one here in Minnesota, I've yet to eat there. I have to admit that I am more intrigued that there's a gift shop than finding out what the food is like.

That's when you use the latter that I suggested. We only have one here in Minnesota, I've yet to eat there. I have to admit that I am more intrigued that there's a gift shop than finding out what the food is like.

Perhaps the stuff sold in the gift shop tastes better.

I hadn't heard of Cracker Barrel until I read about it on this thread, so I've checked out their menu. I must admit I'm not that impressed, but if I had to eat there, I'd visit for breakfast and not lunch/dinner. However eating a fried breakfast served with "sawmill gravy", whatever the hell that is, could be an interesting experience. :huh:

I hadn't heard of Cracker Barrel until I read about it on this thread, so I've checked out their menu. I must admit I'm not that impressed, but if I had to eat there, I'd visit for breakfast and not lunch/dinner. However eating a fried breakfast served with "sawmill gravy", whatever the hell that is, could be an interesting experience. :huh:

Does sawmill gravy seep from the wounds of workers who lean too close to the saw?

• Like 1

Does sawmill gravy seep from the wounds of workers who lean too close to the saw?

I can tell you this much: it's shite!

Cracker Barrel made national news about 8 years ago when they 'refused to hire gays' though how that tidbit would be discover d at an interview is anyone's guess. So they're assholes.

I'll be back at home in a couple days and I'm going to post a photo of me buying Joey + Rory CD just for y'all.

SC

• Like 1

Fish, chips and carrots. Mmmm, lovely.

Reminds me of chef Graham who ran our works canteen back in the late 70s. There was a choice of three or four varying main courses and a similar number of vegetables every day, together with the ever present chips. Fish was only on the menu on Fridays but not peas as the latter had appeared on the menu twice earlier in the week. So with your fish and chips you could have cabbage, carrots, leeks and swede but not peas.

Wot? All this anticipation and no sweepstake?

I'll take the 3rd of February please, guvnor.

Edited for sweepstake round up:

Charon: 20 Jan 15

Shaun OTD: 21 Jan (nonscoring bidders: Morbidkid, Sir Creep)

YWIWT: 22 Jan

JiroemonKimura: 23 Jan

Rotten Ali: 24 Jan

Book: 25 Jan

DirtRacer19: 26 Jan

The Unknown Man: 27 Jan

Switch: 28 Jan

Phantom: 29 Jan

Bibliogryphon: 30 Jan

Radguy: 31 Jan

Grim Up North: 1 Feb

Eesti: 2 Feb

EGN: 3 Feb (nonscoring bidder: Time)

Handrejka: 4 Feb

Toast: 5 Feb

Death Impends: 11 Feb

Gcreptile: 13 Feb

Spade Cooley: 15 Feb

Uschi: 18 Feb

She managed to survive another week.

Shaun OTD: 21 Jan (nonscoring bidders: Morbidkid, Sir Creep)

YWIWT: 22 Jan

No I really don't think so. I believe her dead (1/21), and Rory is putting bits of her flesh inside specially unmarked CDs at Cracker Barrel. If you're lucky you'll get one, but it's $14.98 to get a chance. Got anything REFUTING my theory?

SC

Shaun OTD: 21 Jan (nonscoring bidders: Morbidkid, Sir Creep)YWIWT: 22 Jan

hey I made a bet fare and square.

I can see her possibly making February, but I'm sticking with tomorrow.

She best not be holding out till FEBRUARY 13! I survived one 13th already in DDP, not sure my nerves can take another with all you drooling Jokers, you.

SC

She best not be holding out till FEBRUARY 13! I survived one 13th already in DDP, not sure my nerves can take another with all you drooling Jokers, you.

SC

I submit my DDP entries and then forget who I've picked. :lol:

SC

I submit my DDP entries and then forget who I've picked. :lol:

We had the same problem with Peter Falk

• Like 1

Is Peter Falk dead?

Don't know; I forgot.

Is Peter Falk dead?

I don`t think so but I have heard his alzheimers is getting pretty serious now.