Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

He needs to resign. This is absurd. 

Unacceptable.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

He needs to resign. This is absurd. 

Unacceptable.

I wonder if the initial operation wasn't as minor or routine as he claimed, especially if high level DoD folks didn't know?

• Like 1

What a clusterfuck, the rot sets in at the top, this is on Biden, more proof he not mentally fit for a second term 

• Facepalm 3

It feels like there is something more to it that we haven’t been told. 

13 minutes ago, BonScott said:

This is on Biden, more proof he not mentally fit for a second term 

Whilst I agree Biden is probably not suitable for a second term, this is not his fault. Biden was kept in the dark, just like the public. It is Austin and his team who's fault it is.

3 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Whilst I agree Biden is probably not suitable for a second term, this is not his fault. Biden was kept in the dark, just like the public. It is Austin and his team whose fault it is.

If they were hiding because Biden is demented they would have told his team.and told the public Biden knew. 

It's not unheard of for people with cancer to try and keep their condition as private as possible. They is a election year in the US. Appearances must be maintained.

If Austin were Secretary of Labor or Secretary of Housing and did nothing, this wouldn't have even made the news, but it's the fact that he is the top defense policy maker in the country and in charge of the Pentagon which is so egregious. 

1 minute ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

It's not unheard of for people with cancer to try and keep their condition as private as possible. They is a election year in the US. Appearances must be maintained.

Is there any evidence he has cancer? Every article I've seen notes that his surgery was an elective procedure.

18 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Whilst I agree Biden is probably not suitable for a second term, this is not his fault. Biden was kept in the dark, just like the public. It is Austin and his team who's fault it is.

While Biden can;t be expected to micro manage every member of staff and their private lives he should be employing people who know everything about everyone, Tony Blair was legendary for knowing every intimate detail about everyone he employed, he kept a black book of every Labour MP’s tax dodging, sexual affairs, expenses fiddling etc that he knew when to use when the time was right, Biden should have hired dark arts employees to prevent such a situation

• Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, BonScott said:

While Biden can;t be expected to micro manage every member of staff and their private lives he should be employing people who know everything about everyone, Tony Blair was legendary for knowing every intimate detail about everyone he employed, he kept a black book of every Labour MP’s tax dodging, sexual affairs, expenses fiddling etc that he knew when to use when the time was right, Biden should have hired dark arts employees to prevent such a situation

You’re a special, eh? 

Kin ell.

8 minutes ago, Windsor said:

You’re a special, eh? 

The most powerful man in the world should know everything about everyone he employs, especially their health, either directly or through CIA 

47 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Is there any evidence he has cancer? Every article I've seen notes that his surgery was an elective procedure.

I just find it incredibly suspicious that he tried to hide this from from Biden and everyone else. Of course it could be a simple elective surgery that unexpectedly went wrong but it think there's something more to this picture. 

Just hope Senile Joe’s handlers convince him to step down from fighting next election, only hope Democrats have, if Senile Joe on ballot paper then landslide defeat incoming , 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, BonScott said:

Just hope Senile Joe’s handlers convince him to step down from fighting next election. It's the only hope that Democrats have, if Senile Joe is on the ballot paper then a landslide defeat will be incoming , 

Fixed it for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Fixed it for you

i am not American so have no say/vote but if  i was and the choice was,Trump or Biden i would hold my nose and vote Trump, unlike Biden he is mentally coherent/stable 

15 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Just hope Senile Joe’s handlers convince him to step down from fighting next election, only hope Democrats have, if Senile Joe on ballot paper then landslide defeat incoming , 

Was it you highlighting the virtues of speaking in coherent sentences?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No way in hell should Sec. Austin be able to keep his job after this one. Not telling the media? Whatever, life goes on. But the President? Your own deputy who's doing your job? Absolutely too far.

Personally though? This isn't a "Biden dementia hurr durr" moment - and it'd be a misconstrued way of looking at it to say the very least. The fact that the NSA (Jake Sullivan) didn't know nor did Hicks shows this is a problem on Austin's part, rather than a "we ought not to tell the puppet we have". Also, describing Trump as more 'with it' than Biden is a joke. The "World War II" comment, the "Jeb Bush invaded Iraq" comment, and the "eat their young" one? His own mental health right now is questionable. Nonetheless, this isn't the "political rantings" thread so I'll shut up now...

• Like 2

Biden might have to fire him, it would also show that he's "in command". And if he doesn't fire him, it's going to show that he's "not in command" of his own troops.

• Like 5

Sad to see Neil Kinnock obviously and understandably distraught about Glenys but you'd have to stay he looks good for 81 in this interview 

• Like 1

Sir Gurney Pease (wiki) dead at 96.

Hotelier and perennial Liberal Party candidate ('59, '64, '70, and Oct '74 general elections).

Times death notice copied below.

Spoiler

PEASE Sir Joseph Gurney, 5th Baronet of Hutton Lowcross and Pinchinthorpe, died peacefully on 26th December 2023, aged 96. Deeply loved husband of Shelagh for 70 years. Devoted father of Charles and Jane, proud and loving grandfather and great-grandfather. A private cremation took place on 8th January 2024.

• Like 2

Fancy choosing to call yourself "Gurney" when you have a splendidly normal first name like Joseph.

• Haha 1

"Remarkable" Somerset councillor Dean Ruddle has died unexpectedly at 59:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-67922266

Looks like the BBC said "Fuck it", and now writes about every dead councillor. What's next, maybe they'll write about some no name Newcastle councillor with cancer or something.

• Like 1