Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Bignone's BBC obit adfirms he ruled the Country from 1918 to 1983. Well that was a hell of a lenghty dictatorship!

Charles Thone — governor, congressman, Republican Party stalwart and "one of Nebraska's most productive citizens" — died Wednesday.  He was age 94.

Douglas Hurd is 88 Today!:party:

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

On 05/03/2018 at 22:59, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

U.S. Senator Thad Cochran, 80 resigning due to health reasons

Great news.

A big big big racist.

Two governors in one week.

North Dakota's last Democratic Governor died Friday at the age of 89.   George Sinner was Governor from 1985 to 1992.

SC

Donald F. Collins, father of Maine’s senior senator and a fixture of the state’s political scene in his own right, died Saturday night. He was 92.

Collins, a Republican from Caribou, served five terms in the Maine House and Senate between 1970 and 1992, and as the mayor of the city of Caribou. He is survived by his wife of 70 years, Patricia Collins, and their six children, including U.S. Sen. Susan Collins.

SC

Meantime, happy birthday to former Secretary of State for Health, Frank Dobson. 78 today.

58 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Former Tory MP for The Wrekin and thereafter Halesowen and Stourbridge, Warren Hawksley has reportedly died: http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/16090111.Former_Tory_MP_Warren_Hawksley_dies/

Wonder when it was as he would have just turned 75.

Hansard:

I have argued for corporal punishment on many occasions and I am pleased to do so again.

Sounds a lovely chap.

Respects to the Tory Cunto.

Tried to get the belt/cane back into schools, when it was CUNTS that stopped it, and led to snowflakes.

It really needs to be introduced as parents are fucknuts, and cannot raise children.

Sad to see Bill proposed to raise Criminal Age in Scotland to 'above 8'.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 21:36, gcreptile said:

Louise Slaughter, at 88 years currently the oldest sitting US representative, had a fall, stable for now:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/03/14/louise-slaughter-hospitalized-after-falling-congress/423994002/

Slaughter dead: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/03/16/louise-slaughter-dies-congresswoman-house-representatives/431485002/

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Slaughter dead: 

Let me be first up to the mark NOT to make a pun on that. I have standards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 16:36, drol said:

Nothing new about Anh, but former Vietnam Prime Minister Phan Van Khai (1933) has been receiving treatment in Singapore and has spent some time on life support. Now he is apparently able to breathe on his own. Vietnam double whammy?

Phan Van Khai dies: https://en.vietnamplus.vn/former-pm-phan-van-khai-dies-aged-85/128019.vnp

Phan Van Khai obits via Daily Mail.

Former Wisconsin Attorney General Bronson La Follette has died at age 82.
SC

Nigerian Senator Ali Wakili slumped over and died while being rushed to hospital.   The lawmaker representing Bauchi south senatorial district was 58.  He was also the chairman of the senate committee on poverty.
SC

Not 1 not 2 not 3.....
But THIRTEEN Kenyan politicians being treated for cancer in India!

Nine MPs and four Senators are among thousands of Kenyans being treated for cancer in Indian hospitals, a legislator who was successfully treated for brain cancer says.

The identity of the MPs cannot be revealed but most of them are booked at Apollo Hospital outlets in New Delhi and other cities in the country.
SC

Lord Crickhowell, the former Welsh Secretary Nicholas Edwards, has died aged 84.

ETA, Wondered how I'd beaten YW to the punch to find I haven't, it's in the Thatchers First Ministry thread.

• Like 2

Just now, time said:

Lord Crickhowell, the former Welsh Secretary Nicholas Edwards, has died aged 84.

ETA, Wondered how I'd beaten YW to the punch to find I haven't, it's in the Thatchers First Ministry thread.

At least he didn't have to bury his daughter.Must have been a great concern for him the past few years.

10 hours ago, time said:

First ex UK cabinet minister to die since Lord Waddington in February last year. I was kinda hoping the drought would be ended by someone like  Norman Tebbit but I guess he'll do for now

PS come to think of it  wasn't Ivor Richard in the cabinet as well as Leader in the Lords? Like no 9 buses you wait more than a year then 2 die on the same day !