ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all agree that when a superstar like Prince dies, we start to love them. Although I love his older music, now that he's on the metal table I kinda feel sorry for him. But, that's life. He lived it to the fullest. He's a legend now. Long live Prince.

Well I'm sorry, but I never liked Prince, and I won't be rushing out to buy his music now.

He wrote a few brilliant songs, but they were much better performed by other people IMO.

I didn't like his whiny voice and I found him so physically repulsive that his overtly sexual lyrics were nauseating.

Napoleon complex through music. He was obviously gay and a queen wanna be tied with Freddie. I won't rush for his music either but the legend title is guaranteed as is for every ex idol when they die young. Even Boy George would be called a legend and there would be murals of him all over the place if he was a roadkill....

He's not on your list but I'll punt on Peter Townshend to go next. Wouldn't exactly be a shock though.

He's not on your list but I'll punt on Peter Townshend to go next. Wouldn't exactly be a shock though.

He would be notable. But not shocking. Not a Prince and Bowie like reaction. Maybe a few on the list would also be just notable.

For some odd reason I think Bon Jovi is going to go.

For some odd reason I think Bon Jovi is going to go.

Nah. Not until 60's. But I would keep an eye on Jagger.

I fail to understand why anyone is shocked when a musician or a comedian kicks off.

I'd give the highest chance of a freak death (in more than one way) to Prince. It's about time for him to go so that even his later work receives some kind of critical (over-)appraisal, as it happened with Jackson and maaaybe Bowie (though some of the newer stuff is fantastic as well and the last album was a cultural milestone).

Nice one, GC! :clap:

I should use my intuition more when making picks. But I chose neither him nor Merle Haggard, who I also "knew" was going to die. Similarly, I had a hunch that Muhammad Ali would die this year. I think it's posted on the "Who should be on the 2016 Deathlist thread". At least, he's in one of my teams, but I can't convince myself to put him into the Rotten Deadpool team.

More sad news .....

more-sad-news-from-the-music-industry.jp

• Like 13

More sad news .....

He'll be called a music genius when he drops. You know it.

I'd prefer it if the obits start, 'The fashion world mourns...'

No no, "Kanye West. A genius and legend of music, fashion and film dies after wife holds fart too long and falls asleep next to his head. "

• Like 1

I'd prefer it if the obits start, 'The fashion world mourns...'

No no, "Kanye West. A genius and legend of music, fashion and film dies after wife holds fart too long and falls asleep next to his head. "

Or his head becomes stuck between her arse cheeks.

The last thing he'll hear before he suffocates to death is the Scottish paramedic saying "We kanye get him oot !"

• Like 1

More sad news .....

Depends on when he dies. Unlikely if it's in the next 10 years or so because the majority of Western Media age wise will still be in the "Rap isn't music" generation.

Rap wasn't music when Blondie did it...

Tina Turner is my pick, cooped up in Switzerland with a younger man. When she's bled him dry, she'll shrivel up and look/feel her age, then combust before a new victim is flown in.

She is Dignitas, and Dignitas is she.....

More sad news .....

Depends on when he dies. Unlikely if it's in the next 10 years or so because the majority of Western Media age wise will still be in the "Rap isn't music" generation.

They'll call Justin Bieber a genius......I rest my case.....

We all agree that when a superstar like Prince dies, we start to love them. Although I love his older music, now that he's on the metal table I kinda feel sorry for him. But, that's life. He lived it to the fullest. He's a legend now. Long live Prince.

Well I'm sorry, but I never liked Prince, and I won't be rushing out to buy his music now.

He wrote a few brilliant songs, but they were much better performed by other people IMO.

I didn't like his whiny voice and I found him so physically repulsive that his overtly sexual lyrics were nauseating.

It never crossed my mind that I ought to find the musician attractive to enjoy a song that deals with sexuality.

How did I miss this gem!!! :D

It never crossed my mind that I ought to find the musician attractive to enjoy a song that deals with sexuality.

Yeah, I mean if Donald Trump was singing 'Lets get it on' it would have exactly the same effect to the listener had they heard George Clooney singing it.

• Like 2

Little known Prince fact; when T.Rex were touring America in the mid-seventies to very little effect one of the few who loved them was Prince. If you listen to and look at mid-seventies "interstellar soul" period T.Rex you have a little guy out front of a biggish band which collides rock and soul; the little guy busy posturing and playing up the star act and OTT sexuality for all he's worth.

Prince's genius was partly to nick the things he could see working, even if their original owners were not having much success

Rant over!

• Like 1

Little known Prince fact; when T.Rex were touring America in the mid-seventies to very little effect one of the few who loved them was Prince. If you listen to and look at mid-seventies "interstellar soul" period T.Rex you have a little guy out front of a biggish band which collides rock and soul; the little guy busy posturing and playing up the star act and OTT sexuality for all he's worth.

Prince's genius was partly to nick the things he could see working, even if their original owners were not having much success

Rant over!

That didn't come across as a rant Mary, more a very interesting observation.

• Like 1

That's not what I said, and it's not the same thing.

But now you mention it, I think if Prince had had a really sexy voice it might have made a difference.

A couple of examples that spring to mind are Serge Gainsbourg and Barry White. Unattractive to me, but their voices sell the songs.

• Like 2

That's not what I said, and it's not the same thing.

But now you mention it, I think if Prince had had a really sexy voice it might have made a difference.

A couple of examples that spring to mind are Serge Gainsbourg and Barry White. Unattractive to me, but their voices sell the songs.

So Prince's singing would have the same affect as this

• Like 1

In a few days Boz Scaggs turns 72. This is strictly for information purposes only. He's in the right age bracket though, but he owns a vineyard so he's prolly in fine health and not quite ready to do the Lido Shuffle outta here.

SC

In a few days Boz Scaggs turns 72. This is strictly for information purposes only. He's in the right age bracket though, but he owns a vineyard so he's prolly in fine health and not quite ready to do the Lido Shuffle outta here.

SC

Kris Kristofferson (well how the fuck do you spell it then?), has lived a rough old life at times and he's 80 this year

SC

Kris Kristofferson (well how the fuck do you spell it then?), has lived a rough old life at times and he's 80 this year

I doubt Boz would have any impact in the news section at all, Kris on the other hand could be noted.