Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fellatio Nelson

The Worst Job You Ever Ever Had

For me its gotta be cleaning up dead rats from beneath a warehouse loading bay. That was 5 years ago. Hated working there and was eventually fired for telling the boss' father that he wasnt my boss (after he was ordering me around despite being the same level as me). I was doing online courses outside of work, basically spending every moment either working or learning, and by the time I was fired I went straight into another job - one that actually had a good career path.

I got the last laugh as I now make more than my managers, despite being half their median age <_<

• Like 2

I wouldn't say it's the worst job ever, but I did 1 day trial run on one of those River Thames boat cruising companies in Windsor and I would be in the shop selling tickets etc. However nobody bloody taught me how anything worked on the till properly as i'd never done that type of work before.

So when it was time for me to help customers get tickets I was anxious to the max and kept getting things wrong as it used a machine I wasn't familiar with. I ended up leaving early and made my mum drive to Windsor to give back my uniform. It wasn't even busy that day so it would be 10x worse come height of summer when the tourists came. Bonus is I got a free boat ride.

Now in my early 30's i'm in process of getting diagnosed for Adult Autism and things are starting to click in my head about why I may have acted in certain ways since childhood.

Meanwhile, I can eaily work on an NHS reception desk and deal with patients who are on the verge of yelling at you, or even calling 999 while a patient is collapsed in reception and get a crash team down there asap. Panic later, deal with this crisis first.

• Like 3

Nights in a McDonalds warehouse. 3 or 4 artic trailers a shift with 15 tons of frozen fries that had to be handballed off as they weren't palletized.

To be fair it was only some nights, others you were 'picking' in the freezer which oddly wasn't as bad.

Ghastly - I stuck it for maybe six months sometime in the 80's whilst waiting for a proper job. Walked out one night in the end when ordered onto fries not picking, not without some hand gestures and choice phrases.

NB. Never, ever, eat the burgers. They came unwrapped in large cardboard boxes that often split open as they were just sellotaped shut and it lost its adhesiveness when cold, we used them as frisbies in burger wars across the freezer for amusement (just the freezer section of the warehouse was the size of a small football pitch) then simply put them back in the boxes.  Not particularly proud of that now, but I was young and pissed off at the time.

It easily beats the bog cleaning an 11 storey office building I used to do after school.

It was that bad.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 23:42, ladyfiona said:

I wouldn't say it's the worst job ever, but I did 1 day trial run on one of those River Thames boat cruising companies in Windsor and I would be in the shop selling tickets etc. However nobody bloody taught me how anything worked on the till properly as i'd never done that type of work before.

So when it was time for me to help customers get tickets I was anxious to the max and kept getting things wrong as it used a machine I wasn't familiar with. I ended up leaving early and made my mum drive to Windsor to give back my uniform. It wasn't even busy that day so it would be 10x worse come height of summer when the tourists came. Bonus is I got a free boat ride.

Now in my early 30's i'm in process of getting diagnosed for Adult Autism and things are starting to click in my head about why I may have acted in certain ways since childhood.

Meanwhile, I can eaily work on an NHS reception desk and deal with patients who are on the verge of yelling at you, or even calling 999 while a patient is collapsed in reception and get a crash team down there asap. Panic later, deal with this crisis first.

Am autistic as well. Considering celebrity death predictions is a pretty obscure and very specific hobby to be interested in, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more of us deathlisters on the spectrum.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Am autistic as well. Considering celebrity death predictions is a pretty obscure and very specific hobby to be interested in, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more of us deathlisters on the spectrum.

I'd say there are only a few of us that aren't.  :lol:

24 minutes ago, Toast said:

This forum:

Person 1 - Asks a one line question about old movie/rock stars/etc

Person 2 - Here is a 300 person list to answer you, carefully annotated with dates and information.

I am fully aware I resemble this remark!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Toast said:

It is an unwritten rule that to join deathlist dot net you must be at least one of the following:

- On the autistic spectrum

- A colour on the pride flag

- Enthusiastic about haggis and sporrans

- Cunty

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

It is an unwritten rule that to join deathlist dot net you must be at least one of the following:

- Cunty

I note the irony here that the only one of those I'm not is enthusiastic about fucking haggis! :lol:

(I love Scottish food, obviously, but haggis is minging. And primarily a posh thing...)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

I note the irony here that the only one of those I'm not is enthusiastic about fucking haggis! :lol:

(I love Scottish food, obviously, but haggis is minging. And primarily a posh thing...)

I’d say I’m just a basic 2 & 4 but a recent DNA mapping thing said I’ve a strong north-of-the-wall contingent somewhere down the line. Was always sus about how much I actually like haggis.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TQR said:

- Cunty

I am 3 of these things.

People need Waitrose haggis with mash. Probably helps i'm part Scottish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TQR said:

- Cunty

It would appear that I am just a cunt :unsure:

Oh well, I am in the right place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TQR said:

- Cunty

1. Not as far as I know. 

2. I'm not sure what this means.  https://www.twinkl.co.uk/teaching-wiki/pride-flag

3. I'm partial to haggis, and attractively placed sporrans

ed655-16636660243105-1920.jpg

4.  When necessary.

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

1. Not as far as I know. 

2. I'm not sure what this means.  https://www.twinkl.co.uk/teaching-wiki/pride-flag

4.  When necessary.

You and me both. Mind you, my sporran isn’t as big as his. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

1. Not as far as I know. 

4.  When necessary.

1) Same, though I’m about to explore the spectrum further as a bit of a research project of mine. Stay tuned.

2) I kinda meant an L, a G, a B, a T, a Q, an I or an A.

3) This guy is peng. My husband-to-be agrees FTR.

4) We disagree on the odd thing or two but you’re also one of my fave posters here. Must be criteria no.3 keeping you here :)

• Thanks 1

If you extend "autistic" to "neurodivergent", then guilty on all counts. Most generalisations of the userbase here make me feel personally attacked.

48 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

If you extend "autistic" to "neurodivergent", then guilty on all counts. Most generalisations of the userbase here make me feel personally attacked.

I'd argue there's no such thing as "neurotypical". But that's too deep a conversation to have at 1 in the fucking morning after a few bevvies.

You're another fucking brilliant poster and I hope you celebrate who you are as you should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy autistic trans lesbian, though wish I was more capable of being a cunt (in situations that ask for it) ^_^

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Happy autistic trans lesbian, though wish I was more capable of being a cunt (in situations that ask for it) ^_^

You're also amazing. Fucking hell, that's three positive posts in a row. Someone show me some SC verbal diarrhoea immediately to restore universal balance.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TQR said:

I'd argue there's no such thing as "neurotypical". But that's too deep a conversation to have at 1 in the fucking morning after a few bevvies.

I also appreciate the sentiment of "no one is the default, our imperfections make us perfect :wub:" and want it to be true. My shrink said I have 9/9 inattentive traits and severe impairment in 4/4 social environments, and I've spent ££££ and years on various waiting lists to avoid becoming an addict/criminal/corpse. So whatever neurotypical is, I'm not that.

56 minutes ago, TQR said:

You're another fucking brilliant poster and I hope you celebrate who you are as you should.

Thank you!! Trying. You're great and when I call you a cunt it's all love really.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TQR said:

- Cunty

- No, though it has been suggested

- No (though again it has been suggested)

- No (and has never been suggested)

- No(t in my opinion, though again, it has been suggested)

• Like 1

Well as you live in the gayest town in the country there is no shortage of queer people to test that theory on, lol.

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2023 at 15:25, TQR said:

- Cunty

My wife had me complete an online autism spectrum test. We argue  about the results 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 20:03, TQR said:

Funny you should mention engineering - that’s where I’ve been since leaving school 11 years ago, and I am buzzing to finally get out of it at the end of August. I’ve worked my way up, it’s earned me fair wedge but by fuckity I’m so done with it now. Money ain’t worth total soul death.

And that's me done. Sort of. Agreed to (until the end of the year) pop in whenever my successor needs a hand (for a consultant's fee, of course), but to all intents and purposes, as of about half an hour ago, I'm no longer an engineer.

Got a couple of really exciting things lined up, with which I'll be attempting to juggle an Open Uni degree I've wanted to do for ages. I'm a hyperventilating bag of nervous energy atm but somehow it all feels fucking great.

• Like 6

On 13/05/2023 at 20:32, TQR said:

You're also amazing. Fucking hell, that's three positive posts in a row. Someone show me some SC verbal diarrhoea immediately to restore universal balance.

To be fair, the world needs DI and SC posts for equilibrium.  You may find it interesting I like DI.  Or maybe you don’t. *shrugs*

I am now working at the worst job possible frankly) Working full tie at some warehouse far away from my home and i just need to do a lot of "interesting" job, mostly because i am one of two professionals who knows something in warehousing and a proper warehouse should work of course. I just try to give our authorities an understanding of what is warehouse automation and it will help use to do our job properly, but right now all my evidences are ignored and my pledges just go in vain. Maybe i should find another job?

• Like 2