Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

21 hours ago, Toast said:

The second photo down in your link.  :unsure:  Did she have a lot of plastic surgery as well?

She looked like a plastic Barbie Doll in some of those photos. Glad someone else noticed it too. Do young people actually think it is attractive to look NON- human? 

A woman gets to marry her lover before she dies. A little bit of a spin on the typical cancer mum XYZ marries her husband before she dies, especially since she's part of the first lesbian couples married in Australia...

• Like 1

Orla Tinsley, the most prominent "awareness raiser" with cystic fibrosis (with Wikipedia page! And under heavy consideration for Shameless 1.0) gets a double lung transplant in the last minute:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/cystic-fibrosis-campaigner-receives-lung-transplant-after-days-on-life-support-1.3335695?mode=amp

"The next days will be critical."

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Orla Tinsley, the most prominent "awareness raiser" with cystic fibrosis (with Wikipedia page! And under heavy consideration for Shameless 1.0) gets a double lung transplant in the last minute:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/cystic-fibrosis-campaigner-receives-lung-transplant-after-days-on-life-support-1.3335695?mode=amp

"The next days will be critical."

Without giving away much suffice to say if the lungs don’t get rejected right away, the success of a double lung transplant is limited to about 5 years before another set of windbags is needed.  So pencil Tinsley in on your 2022 watch list. 

SC

Hopefully nobody picked Kirsten Hawksey for 2018. She dead.

On 12/18/2017 at 22:21, Joey Russ said:

A woman gets to marry her lover before she dies. A little bit of a spin on the typical cancer mum XYZ marries her husband before she dies, especially since she's part of the first lesbian couples married in Australia...

And she apparently died before 2018. Who knew...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

And she apparently died before 2018. Who knew...

No one, eh. <_<

Did anyone pick this lady

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-42398886

I thought about it but these type of picks aren’t really my thing (although I did benefit from Nicklinson a few years back) and I also wondered whether she’d get a QO as this was on the regional page. Might be worth keeping an eye on. 

• Like 1

The cancer mums are crawling onto the BBC pages...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Did anyone pick this lady

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-42398886

I thought about it but these type of picks aren’t really my thing (although I did benefit from Nicklinson a few years back) and I also wondered whether she’d get a QO as this was on the regional page. Might be worth keeping an eye on. 

Yeah Nicklinson was an exceptional FFBI type.Much like Jane Tomlinson. 

So three days late, my DDP pick and Shameless type Larissa Podermanski launches a youtube 'how i'm doing' video, wherein she says her latest dr visit shows no progression in her tumours, but she is experiencing some internal 'discomfort' and the drs don't know what it is at this point.  Her next checkup in 6-12 weeks.  Looks like she's going to have to come through for me in the latter months of the year.  I knew she saw the dr and having not heard anything I had figured the worst.  Frankly, good for her on a more positive result.
SC

Cancer mum and mother of missing man Kyle Vaughan, Mary Lucas, died aged 55 on January 1st.

Picked by DDT in 2016 and by a half dozen teams in 2017. So if she gets the obit (Mirror should pick up on the sob story) and presuming she was picked again this year, she will continue the streak of DDP hits on New Year's Day.

A man imprisoned in Dubai believes that he is not receiving medicine for prostate cancer. Maybe one of the FFBI that is more likely to be accepted in the Deathlist Cup...

PS, Mary Lucas got the BBC obit, so if she was picked again, there would be another New Year's Day hit...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

PS, Mary Lucas got the BBC obit, so if she was picked again, there would be another New Year's Day hit...

Was a regional obit though.

Just now, Death Impends said:

Was a regional obit though.

Was it? When I opened the obit, it didn't look like one. I think I'm getting way too tired nowadays...

Cancel My Appointments (DDP) will have Dana Scatton as it's honourary team GM, and will continue to push forward on a very sensible DDP rule change that allows points for anyone who is 18 at death, and not needing to be 18 on Jan 1.  The Malala Yousafzai rule.  I fail to see why this isn't the rule to begin with.  We will argue until Dana is blue in the face, or about 60 days.  I have presented my case for a non-arbitrary rule, and hope those who oppose explain the arbitrary version the game is played under presently.
SC

19 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Cancel My Appointments (DDP) will have Dana Scatton as it's honourary team GM, and will continue to push forward on a very sensible DDP rule change that allows points for anyone who is 18 at death, and not needing to be 18 on Jan 1.  The Malala Yousafzai rule.  I fail to see why this isn't the rule to begin with.  We will argue until Dana is blue in the face, or about 60 days.  I have presented my case for a non-arbitrary rule, and hope those who oppose explain the arbitrary version the game is played under presently.
SC

But imagine how gutted you would be if your pick died before the birthday.  Certainly the earlier the birthday, the bigger risk you take.

People used to pick 16 year olds (Grove) and they looked rather ghoulish, even for deadpoolers, imo.

Mail have it. My 2nd DDP hit of the year.

On 8/7/2017 at 12:27, gcreptile said:

Bobby Zarin - miraculously recovering, indeed the Monty Brinson of 2018, probably dying in January as well

Bullseye! :clap:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Brinson of 2018 indeed.

Not on my team - also the Brinson of 2018 then!

• Haha 1