Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

SMH haha....  

Mark Thornberry, diagnosed with terminal liver cancer, aims to run the Grand Union Canal route over the next 3 days for charadee.

140+ miles so fair effort.

A good 10/15 minute interview on BBC radio so decent chance of obit in time.

7 hours ago, charon said:

Mark Thornberry, diagnosed with terminal liver cancer, aims to run the Grand Union Canal route over the next 3 days for charadee.

140+ miles so fair effort.

A good 10/15 minute interview on BBC radio so decent chance of obit in time.

Hmmm

His type are in there with the cancer mums sometimes.

Covered during their struggles and ignored in death.

Advent avalanche long shot, though

14 hours ago, charon said:

What's up with that?  Is he carrying a chickadee?

On 18/08/2016 at 18:16, gcreptile said:

A young man named Dean Eastmond writes in the Guardian about living with Ewing's sarcoma:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/18/cancer-side-effect-masculinity

No word on whether it has spread. Previously, he was in the news for talking about being raped:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3352295/Teenager-reveals-raped-man.html

Hmm...he really puts it all out there...

Dead.

He wasn't going to make 2018 by the looks of it. Rip to a great man. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very sad but a happy release.Judging by his tweets he had started to get agonizing pain.Far too young.

On 9/3/2017 at 07:38, Thatcher said:

Dead.

Anyone who decided against him this year because of obit worries or was hoping that he could make the starting line next year may want to get their stress balls now, cause he got a Newsbeat article.

At this point, I feel bad for not picking him, as it would have guaranteed him another 4 months of life on my form this year.

On 3.9.2017 at 14:38, Thatcher said:

Dead.

Maybe a bit of a miss for Shameless (Dean Eastmond). But nobody else should feel bad about not picking him.

Biggest Australian death of the year, then.

• Haha 1

Thought of posting her getting the Order of Australia last night with a "could this push her over the edge to get Guardian death coverage on top of the umpteen inevitable Mail articles?" comment but couldn't be bothered. Instead it gets her all the way to the BBC!

Connie Johnson getting a BBC obit is indeed a surprise. But getting that honor like Kate Granger probably made her a shoo in for a bbc obit I guess. Surprised she lasted as long as she did. RIP.

• Like 1

I'd been thinking she had days left since March. Symptomatic for my too-slow main team. But her and Bracknell might make The Love Boat player of the month.

Connie Johnson fought cancer half her life. So maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise she lasted that long.

Carrie DeKlyen, cancer mum, passes away age 37 after a battle with terminal brain cancer. She delivered her sixth child, Life, in a coma a few days before she passed away.

4 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Carrie DeKlyen, cancer mum, passes away age 37 after a battle with terminal brain cancer. She delivered her sixth child, Life, in a coma a few days before she passed away.

Couldn't understand the last sentence of this post until I realized she named the god damn thing Life. That baby will be made fun of for the rest of his/her's life. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:
4 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Couldn't understand the last sentence of this post until I realized she named the god damn thing Life. That baby will be made fun of for the rest of his/her's life. 

I'm sure her five other children, her husband and the rest of her family and friends really appreciate her selfless choice.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Not when she tells people the meaning behind the name.Normally it would be weird but under the circumstances it is an apt name.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sean said:
37 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Not when she tells people the meaning behind the name.Normally it would be weird but under the circumstances it is an apt name.

"Death" would be equally apt.

As I understand it, this woman had the opportunity of treatment that might have given her another 15 years.  I would have thought that was a chance to be seized for the sake of her existing children.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2017 at 21:31, Toast said:

"Death" would be equally apt.

As I understand it, this woman had the opportunity of treatment that might have given her another 15 years.  I would have thought that was a chance to be seized for the sake of her existing children.

Death was equally apt in more than one way. Really awful news and I feel for the rest of the family.

• Sad 2