Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

2nd hit for me too.

Shame unlucky 13 was dropped.

The B-Team is now in the game. That will be an internal battle between quality and quantity for my teams. Bobby Zarin's 7pts felt not enough for my main team. Too risky?

If I had to pick a name sure to only be 7 points on my main team, it would've been someone with proper celebrity like Lorimer. Reality TV spouses need to have a high point value to justify me picking them. I mean, I only picked Zarin anywhere on the DDP to begin with because his one-letter difference in name with a singer amused me.

13 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Mail have it. My 2nd DDP hit of the year.

Bullseye! :clap:

I honestly can’t believe he got a QO.  

Oh well, good pick for those who did.

SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I honestly can’t believe he got a QO.  

Oh well, good pick for those who did.

SC

You seem to be underestimating a lot of people of there QO chances. How about you do some research on whether a person has received a mention from a qualifying source before, and that might help you figure out people’s chance instead of us having to hear you complain that they probably won’t receive a QO when they likely will, okay? :rolleyes: 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Mail have it. My 2nd DDP hit of the year.

Bullseye! :clap:

I really nailed that one, patting myself on the back...

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Laura Vickery who looks like, and probably was, the person picked by Shameless II under the name Laura Saull, is dead:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/husband-open-letter-wife-cancer-dies-age-29-sam-laura-vickery-bradford-on-avon-bath-a8163596.html

Yeah, it's the same person.

This Mirror article about Laura Saull from February 2016 includes a photo with her then-boyfriend, Sam Vickery.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 18:52, gcreptile said:

Ian Toothill, 47, wants to be the first terminally ill person to climb the Mt. Everest:

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-06/cancer-patient-aims-for-record-breaking-trip-to-everest/

He did it, Ian Toothill dead: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42745531

Assuming he does get the obit, this really could be my year...

Just hope I don't peak too soon, or summit.

• Like 1

Ha! Just a couple minutes ago, before I paid my morning visit to the forums, I said to myself "hey, what if Ian Toothill died in December and it somehow went unreported?"

Oh, well, I still have hope that he won't obit.

RIP to the man anyway. Put up a tough fight.

A death so early in the year gives a high chance of a QO. And has there ever been A FFBI pick with BBC regional obit but no QO?

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

A death so early in the year gives a high chance of a QO. And has there ever been A FFBI pick with BBC regional obit but no QO?

Mary Vaughn at this point...

• Like 1

The Star (not the Daily Star) had an obit up 18 hrs ago:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/tributes-paid-to-magnificent-sheffielder-who-became-first-person-with-cancer-to-scale-mount-everest-1-8967112

Will be interesting... it's possibly that he falls into the "weekend hole", but let's see...

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The Star (not the Daily Star) had an obit up 18 hrs ago:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/tributes-paid-to-magnificent-sheffielder-who-became-first-person-with-cancer-to-scale-mount-everest-1-8967112

Will be interesting... it's possibly that he falls into the "weekend hole", but let's see...

Whatever people think of his achievements or suitability, it is a bit daft that he's had 3 different BBC obits today (BBC news site, local radio mentions and a bit on Look North) and none of them count anymore for the DDP.

• Like 1

I think he’ll probably obit at this point tbh. It just might be a couple of days before it comes...

I may acquiesce and bring BBC Local obits back next year. I do feel it doesn't do anything to discourage the "wrong" kind of DDP picks (FFBI, cancer mums), but does stop a potentially interesting seam (non top-flight footballers, local politicians, regionally famous entertainers).

We'll see.

Also, if the Mirror don't have an obit for Tooty by the time they clock off over there I'd be stunned.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, msc said:

Whatever people think of his achievements or suitability, it is a bit daft that he's had 3 different BBC obits today (BBC news site, local radio mentions and a bit on Look North) and none of them count anymore for the DDP.

It’s daft to think it daft that local news should be acceptable.  I’ll fire some N’awlins Times-Picayune obits your way

SC

• Like 1

The next Sheffield Wednesday game is tomorrow. So who knows, he might even sneak in a Les Mutrie-esque mention...

Granted, I assume he'll still get more than that QO wise.

No obits yet for Toothill. Only available obits are that BBC local and the Star one. He was not mentioned in any news source in the last 24 hours.