Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fellatio Nelson

One Last Thing To Do Before The End...........

I was listening to Pick of The Pops on Saturday ( shite without Blackburn) and a song came on that made me remember thoughts ive had and needs to be done.

Sooner rather than later I want to go and sit on top of a hill in a meadow and watch the Sun set slowly over the horizon while im stoned and listening to Hendrix doing The Wind Cries Mary from the car stereo.

Ok, the stoned bits illegal and Ive not smoked for nearly two years BUT, somehow, its something I need to do and I will do it.

So, come on, you been meaning to do something but not got round to it yet even though its not hard to do?

Dunno....

But for the End, I intend to go out the Old Way.

In a boat , sailing towards the setting Sun, then torch the fucker.

Ps, it's a cunt if you are from the East of anywhere, you end up worshipping the Sun when it rises, then chuck spears at it when it departs.

• Like 1

Dunno....

But for the End, I intend to go out the Old Way.

In a boat , sailing towards the setting Sun, then torch the fucker.

Ps, it's a cunt if you are from the East of anywhere, you end up worshipping the Sun when it rises, then chuck spears at it when it departs.

My friend, you have rubbed that many people up the wrong way in your time on this Planet I would suspect they will be queueing up to Torch your boat while you are still alive!! :lol:

• Like 1

:) I do intend to torch it myself.....

It is the Greatest Gift of being human , that you can choose the Time of your passing.

• Like 1

:) I do intend to torch it myself.....

It is the Greatest Gift of being human , that you can choose the Time of your passing.

Probably for the best, viking funerals are illegal! Some I know, who's still with us hopefully (*fingers crossed*) for many decades to come, wanted one, so I looked it up and turns out you can only be cremated or go out to see, you can't be cremated as you go out to see. I'd assume sending your ashes out on a boat would be acceptable though.

Back to the main topics;

1. See the Foo Fighters live.
  2. Spend a weekend wild camping in Scotland.
  3. Cycle Landsend to John O'Groats
  4. Walk up Ben Nevis, Scaffell Pike and Snowdon
  5. Stand in the middle of a forest and yell at the top of my voice until my voice breaks.
  6. (Subject to ITV/Granada releasing them) Watch every episode of Coronation Street

The first 5 are doable, with a bit of a kick up the jacksy on my end and appropriate financial resources, the 6th is not at the minute.

Drive A car........... Into Ricky Gervais.

• Like 9

Do they have every episode of Coronation Street given the propensity for wiping tapes in the 60s?

Anyhoo; fuck a woman.

I've never met a woman I fancied but there are two I would slip a length to. Jill Dando (she's dead so let's not go there) and Jeri Ryan (she'd have to wear her seven of nine uniform).

• Like 1

Ok, the stoned bits illegal

Probably for the best, viking funerals are illegal!

Goodness, what law-abiding souls you are.

• Like 4

Get into a size 8 again.

It never stopped me before Toastie. :D

• Like 1

Drive A car........... Into Ricky Gervais.

Of

The

Year!

• Like 2

Do they have every episode of Coronation Street given the propensity for wiping tapes in the 60s?

Anyhoo; fuck a woman.

I've never met a woman I fancied but there are two I would slip a length to. Jill Dando (she's dead so let's not go there) and Jeri Ryan (she'd have to wear her seven of nine uniform).

BIB - Yes. Whilst some episodes in the 60s were wiped, sensible people abroad didn't wipe the international copies and thus all the gaps have been filled, as far as I'm aware Granada/ITV hold the originals for the 60s episodes. Episodes from the early mid 1970s (circa 1973 or something) the originals are held at the British Film Institute, although I'm not sure when that collection ends - more modern ones than that are definitely available. My understanding is ITV is digitising their archives anyway, so the issues lies more in centralisation and copyright bureaucracy than the existence of the episodes. I think certain periods, like the current Blackburn era would test the patience of saints and might need fast-forwarded or watched with long breaks betwen episodes for recuperation though. When ITV released their April Fools entire box-set DVD trailer they said it would take around 6 months of non-stop viewing, assuming a rational amount is consumed a day you'd be looking at 3-4 years if you wanted to keep your job. Sounds do-able, if they release it within a few decades for me. The other issues is whether ITV deem such a project commercial viable which at the moment they clearly don't.

Regarding the other bit, ditto but gender is less of an issue to me. But no desperation on that.

EDIT: http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/fan-review-coronation-street-archives.html

A fuller run-down on available corrie episodes my dates are out a bit, the 1969-1976 episodes are at the BFI, 1976-1992 were repeated on Granada+ back in the day, so definitely exist, and episodes beyond that certainly exist. ITV hold the 1960-1969 episodes. The BFI charge £10 per or roughly £5 an episode, which seems a little on the steep side to me. If you extrapolated that to all 9010 episodes of coronation street you'd be looking at around £36,040 for all the episodes, assuming an average of 24 minutes an episode. Assuming a flat fee of £5 an episode you'd be looking at £45,050 for the entire collection. Now, I can't speak for every fan, but that's about £45,050 out of my price range at the moment, and not really a figure I could realistically save towards for that purpose. For comparison EastEnders goes for £1.89 on the BBC Store, if they were to extend that to cover all the episodes which it currently doesn't (only goes back to 2014) - it would be £10,009.44 - if Corrie was the same price you'd be looking at £17028.90 - while these prices are still absolutely ludicrous they could appeal to people with more money than sense. For me 40p an episode, or a total of £3604 for the collection would be the most I'd be willing to pay, and even that'd have to be pay per episode as I'd never have that amount of ready cash - not for a long while anyway) - these ridiculous cost issues are probably a factor in the series not being released before you even consider logistics.

Repeated emails to ITV have resulted in being told that there is no plans to release these episodes in the near future, but a pay-per-view service may be in the works at some point for ITV in general. Basically written along the lines of "Don't be so fucking daft but never say never." To me, they're the ones being daft given the cash cow this would inevitably be. The only downside would be the likely hit that current Corrie would take in the ratings battles.

EDIT2: I've just realised how incredibly sad this post looks, and my knowledge of this particular subject actually is getmecoat.gif. Although then again some of you are trainspotters...

• Like 2

Get into a size 8 again.

Why???????????????

Too thin Handy!

Get into a size 8 again.

Why???????????????

Too thin Handy!

Too thin for what exactly?

In my adult years I've been every size from barely in a 6 to a definite 16 and a size 8 verging on a 10 is where I was at my most comfortable.

• Like 1

getmecoat.gif

getmecoat.gif

Cheers. Could've sworn there was a colon code for it. I apologise as I'm sure you wanted a simple Yes/No rather than a massive ramble on the subject.

I would do nothing. No need for happiness if you're dead.....I won't be able to regret it when my ashes is at the bottom of the sea.

More in spirit with the thread's intent I'd really like to go to Mauritius. I have a long held interest in the dodo and would love to visit its former dwelling. I have an old school friend who lives there so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to get there.

I'd also like to go horse riding on the Puszta but I'm not sure how doable that is.

It never stopped me before Toastie. :D

Security guy checking my bag at Wembley stadium on Sunday :

"Got any guns? Or knives? Cannabis is OK." B)

:lol:

• Like 1

I was listening to Pick of The Pops on Saturday ( shite without Blackburn) and a song came on that made me remember thoughts ive had and needs to be done.

Sooner rather than later I want to go and sit on top of a hill in a meadow and watch the Sun set slowly over the horizon while im stoned and listening to Hendrix doing The Wind Cries Mary from the car stereo.

Ok, the stoned bits illegal and Ive not smoked for nearly two years BUT, somehow, its something I need to do and I will do it.

So, come on, you been meaning to do something but not got round to it yet even though its not hard to do?

Clean the bathroom.

• Like 3

O come come Lardy, caveat was 'even though it's not hard to do'. I shudder to think what lurks in your bathroom - even George Joseph Smith would blush ;)

• Like 1

The last thing I'll do at the end is die. That's the last thing everyone does before the end.

Anyhoo; fuck a woman.

BIB - Yes. Whilst some episodes in the 60s were wiped, sensible people abroad didn't wipe the international copies and thus all the gaps have been filled, as far as I'm aware Granada/ITV hold the originals for the 60s episodes. Episodes from the early mid 1970s (circa 1973 or something) the originals are held at the British Film Institute, although I'm not sure when that collection ends - more modern ones than that are definitely available. My understanding is ITV is digitising their archives anyway, so the issues lies more in centralisation and copyright bureaucracy than the existence of the episodes. I think certain periods, like the current Blackburn era would test the patience of saints and might need fast-forwarded or watched with long breaks betwen episodes for recuperation though. When ITV released their April Fools entire box-set DVD trailer they said it would take around 6 months of non-stop viewing, assuming a rational amount is consumed a day you'd be looking at 3-4 years if you wanted to keep your job. Sounds do-able, if they release it within a few decades for me. The other issues is whether ITV deem such a project commercial viable which at the moment they clearly don't.

Regarding the other bit, ditto but gender is less of an issue to me. But no desperation on that.

EDIT: http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/fan-review-coronation-street-archives.html

A fuller run-down on available corrie episodes my dates are out a bit, the 1969-1976 episodes are at the BFI, 1976-1992 were repeated on Granada+ back in the day, so definitely exist, and episodes beyond that certainly exist. ITV hold the 1960-1969 episodes. The BFI charge £10 per or roughly £5 an episode, which seems a little on the steep side to me. If you extrapolated that to all 9010 episodes of coronation street you'd be looking at around £36,040 for all the episodes, assuming an average of 24 minutes an episode. Assuming a flat fee of £5 an episode you'd be looking at £45,050 for the entire collection. Now, I can't speak for every fan, but that's about £45,050 out of my price range at the moment, and not really a figure I could realistically save towards for that purpose. For comparison EastEnders goes for £1.89 on the BBC Store, if they were to extend that to cover all the episodes which it currently doesn't (only goes back to 2014) - it would be £10,009.44 - if Corrie was the same price you'd be looking at £17028.90 - while these prices are still absolutely ludicrous they could appeal to people with more money than sense. For me 40p an episode, or a total of £3604 for the collection would be the most I'd be willing to pay, and even that'd have to be pay per episode as I'd never have that amount of ready cash - not for a long while anyway) - these ridiculous cost issues are probably a factor in the series not being released before you even consider logistics.

Repeated emails to ITV have resulted in being told that there is no plans to release these episodes in the near future, but a pay-per-view service may be in the works at some point for ITV in general. Basically written along the lines of "Don't be so fucking daft but never say never." To me, they're the ones being daft given the cash cow this would inevitably be. The only downside would be the likely hit that current Corrie would take in the ratings battles.

EDIT2: I've just realised how incredibly sad this post looks, and my knowledge of this particular subject actually is getmecoat.gif. Although then again some of you are trainspotters...

I am glad they managed to get the international copies back. If only the same were true for Doctor Who.

BBC have released every episode of DW they have. All were available onn VHS and they are working through re-release on DVD although they must be close to the end as the mosr recent release was the incomplete story. The Underwater Menace. However, the numbers are more manageable there were just over 600 episodes of the classic series and around 130 of the new series.

At least we have the audio recordings of the 90 odd missing episodes. Though given some of the audios alone sound amazing (Fury from the Deep for example), this doesn't help at all!

• Like 1

The last thing I'll do at the end is die. That's the last thing everyone does before the end.

Er yeah, well reread the opening post and have a think about it.

If you cant post anything more intelligent and more interesting than the shite you just have, perhaps, you DONT BELONG ON HERE ( Hint hint )

• Like 1