Deathray

Deathlist Awards

This hasn't been done for years, but I was reading some old threads and it was a thing, can't be arsed to find them and use categories.

Any additional categories should be submitted by the 12th December.

Nominations for each category should be submitted via PM by the 19th December.

Voting will take place from the 20th December to the 30th December using the AV ranking system via PM for each category, with the results announced on New Years Eve at some point early in the day.

Starter for 10 categories

Categories

Admin of the Year (self explanatory)

Moderator of the Year (self explanatory)

Post of the Year (for an individual post that can lay claim to being the greatest)

Shitposter of the Year (someone who post constant rubbish)

Sage of the Year (someone who contributes valuable wisdom and information regularly)

The Farewell Award (for a much missed poster who has left us this year.)

The Good Riddance Award (for a poster we're all glad to see the back of who has left us this year)

The mong award (for a poster who is an utter retard, beyond any normal comprehension)

Chief Lister of the Year (for a poster who has created the most magnificent lists)

Tip of the Year (for a "this person might be ill" post that proved to be absolutely accurate but wasn't obvious)

Crystal Ball of the Year (for an absolutely ridiculous candidate put forward who actually died)

Wifey of the Year (best female poster)

w***er of the Year (best male poster)

DL Gimmick of the Year (credit to Spade)

Swearer of the Year (best/most prolific use of swearing) (credit to Lard)

Thread of the Year

Rant of the Year

Death of the Year (most entertaining and talked about)

Joke of the Year

Put Down of the Year

Best Newcomer

Deadpool of the Year

There will be some surprise categories bestowed.

Get suggesting any extra categories and thinking up your nominations for when they open.

FFS Deathray. Now who should we PM our nominations to? First Zorders gets banned, and now you. My friends' list keeps getting smaller and smaller... :rant:

*checks Predictors friends list*

Oh dear, are we due a Shaun meltdown in about nine months then? The Curse of Predictor!

• Like 3

Should we select a new host?

This hasn't been done for years, but I was reading some old threads and it was a thing, can't be arsed to find them and use categories.

Voting will take place from the 20th December to the 30th December using the AV ranking system via PM for each category, with the results announced on New Years Eve at some point early in the day.

Categories

Post of the Year (for an individual post that can lay claim to being the greatest)

Sage of the Year (someone who contributes valuable wisdom and information regularly)

The Good Riddance Award (for a poster we're all glad to see the back of who has left us this year)

The mong award (for a poster who is an utter retard, beyond any normal comprehension)

Chief Lister of the Year (for a poster who has created the most magnificent lists)

Tip of the Year (for a "this person might be ill" post that proved to be absolutely accurate but wasn't obvious)

Crystal Ball of the Year (for an absolutely ridiculous candidate put forward who actually died)

Thread of the Year

Rant of the Year

Joke of the Year

Put Down of the Year

Best Newcomer

Deadpool of the Year

Get suggesting any extra categories and thinking up your nominations for when they open.

FFS Deathray. Now who should we PM our nominations to? First Zorders gets banned, and now you. My friends' list keeps getting smaller and smaller... :rant:

We only need two or three awards and every regular poster could win one; it'd be kinda like a DLCon where we all buy each other a drink

• Like 1

Categories

Thread of the Year

Rant of the Year

Joke of the Year

Put Down of the Year

Best Newcomer

Deadpool of the Year

We only need two or three awards and every regular poster could win one; it'd be kinda like a DLCon where we all buy each other a drink

Congratulations; you win the best post from someone named Maryportfuncity award.

Categories

Admin of the Year (self explanatory) Magere Hein before he vanished

Moderator of the Year (self explanatory) DDT is the only moderator, so...

Post of the Year (for an individual post that can lay claim to being the greatest) This one

Shitposter of the Year (someone who post constant rubbish) Tempus Fungit never posts anything of value

Sage of the Year (someone who contributes valuable wisdom and information regularly) I pass. It's hard to mention just one specific person, there are several members out there

The Farewell Award (for a much missed poster who has left us this year.) I think Magere comes across as sane enough to actually have a life outside of DL and will probably return someday. So it's probably not a permanent farewell in that sense. My vote goes to Deathray or maybe RandomCanadian who racked up several posts before quitting. Estuarian float is gone too.

The Good Riddance Award (for a poster we're all glad to see the back of who has left us this year) Errm, I will have to pass on this one out of respect for the person who will wind up getting this award anway

The mong award (for a poster who is an utter retard, beyond any normal comprehension) It starts with an "M" and ends with an "orbidkid". But I won't say the member's name outright because I am a very noble and respectful person

Chief Lister of the Year (for a poster who has created the most magnificent lists) Hmm, I will have to look into that. I think that Msc, Bibliogryphon, YoungWillz and a few others tend to make good lists but not 100% sure

Tip of the Year (for a "this person might be ill" post that proved to be absolutely accurate but wasn't obvious) I don't know. I don't keep track of who said what about whom 9 months ago

Crystal Ball of the Year (for an absolutely ridiculous candidate put forward who actually died) See above

Wifey of the Year (best female poster) It's a tie between Toast and Handrejka

w***er of the Year (best male poster) Hard to choose just one

DL Gimmick of the Year (credit to Spade) Is gimmick like a joke or running gag? A vaguely defined award so I dunno

Swearer of the Year (best/most prolific use of swearing) (credit to Lard) Paul Bearer, as he is the only effing one who can swear properly

Thread of the Year Probably the ones who dealt with major events of 2016, like the US election, Olympics or Brexit

Rant of the Year Any of a certain person's 20 paragraphs long Islam-related rants that he, at his finest, churned out on a regular basis

Death of the Year (most entertaining and talked about) David Bowie

Joke of the Year You mean in the Joke thread where everyone just pastes funny stories off of other websites?

Put Down of the Year I don't know

Best Newcomer Apologies to Joey, drol and Coffinlodger and a few others, but the best newcomer has to be Robert Mugabe, lol. Although I have to admit, his schtick got old pretty soon...

Deadpool of the Year MHDP. It's funny to see members go hunt for obscure Faroese obituaries for recently deceased celebs

My answers in bold. :D

• Like 2

Why do you have awards for Drill Instructors?

Decided to put together the list of who's been nominated so far for each reward

Magere Hein

Paul Bearer

DDT

MSC's history of deathlist post

Book/gcreptile mini covention

Spade's Tony Hancock post

Tempus Fugit

Sir Creep

YoungWilz

DDT

Spade Cooley

Phantom

Cat O'Falk

Magere Hein

Deathray

RandomCanadian

Estuarian Float

Scraggy Tatters

Dr Zorders

Dr Zorders

Shroud

Deathray

Morbidkid

Shroud

Msc

Youngwilz

Bibliogryphon

Charon for David Provan

Sir Creep for Gordie Howe

gcreptile for Prince

Toast

Handrejka

Youwanticewiththat

Youngwilz

Charon

rockhopperpenguin last word gimmick

RobertMugabe's gimmick

Spade's roeyjuss

Paul Bearer constantly changing joeyruss's epithet

Paul Bearer

LFN

Lard Bazaar

Thread of the Year

Us Elections

Olympics

Brexit

Only famous for being ill and dying

Worst thread of the year

joeyruss's Kimbo Slice

Rant of the Year

Dr Zorders islamic rants

Shroud US army greatness

Toast's UK Mail

David Bowie

David Gest

Victoria Wood

Fidel Castro

Joke of the Year

Switch's centurion walk in a bar joke

Paul Bearer's David Cameron joke

Predictor's Dr Zorders moving to Greenland joke

Put Down of the Year

Lard to morbidkid in Castro thread

Best Newcomer

joeyruss

RobertMugabe

Deadpool of the Year

Shaun's Death by numbers

msc's crowdsourced deathlist

Maryport's Midsummer DP

Bibliogryphon's Scavenger Hunt Bingo

joeyruss's advent avalanche

Magere Hein's MHDP

Shaun Generation Game

Person who should be admin

Cat O'Falk

Sweepstake winner of the year

drol for the king of thailand

Best deathlist pick

Abe Vigoda

Worst Deathlist pick:

Lester Piggott

Feel free to post more nominations, and I'll add it.

If you're actually doing this, a few that come to mind to tip of the year.

charon's David Provan one, didn't work out for the DDP but enough for folk to use him in many of the other deadpools around here

Sir Creep banging on and on (and on and on and on) about Gordie Howe's imminent death when it seemed he was recovering from ill health.

I can't find it via search but someone on here posted after Alan Rickman got married last year with a "why, is he ill?" type post. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard he'd died. Can't find it at all now though.

My answers in bold. I must say if we'd had notice of this at the start of the year, I could have kept a list (hint, hint):

Paul Bearer and his magnificent banhammer. And unbanhammer.

DDT (There can be only one.....)

I'd say the post of Book and gcreptile having their mini convention ranks up there.

I think you know who my vote goes to here, 'nuff said.

Possibly anyone from DDT, Spade, Phantom and Cat.

Scraggy Taters. I rather enjoyed his humour.

I think Shroud just scraped into 2016. Whilst he provided some interesting insight and contributed much to some threads, his crazed fights with nearly everyone on the forum distressed me somewhat.

No one deserves this award. If they can log in, they have achieved a level beyond retarded imo.

Modesty prevents me from nominating in this category, but I agree BiblioG and msc are major contenders, probably msc for his stat work.

Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Any one of several posted by gcreptile in Ideas And Possibilities for 2016.

I can't choose between the ladies. They all deserve to share the award. (Or I nominate the first one to comment that I'm a pussy for not selecting one!)

Well, that's me, obviously. (That modesty didn't last long, did it?)

Dunno. We have gimmicks? I'll read some of the other noms to get an idea what this means and come back to this.

Edit: I'll go with The Last Word by rockhopperpenguin as well. Interesting to see who the Establishment feels is worthy of discussion while completely ignoring Zara Nutley's sad demise.

LFN. Fruitiness beyond comprehension.

Thread of the Year

I'll have a think and edit this. Edit: Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying. Sad that the forum needed this thread, but the forum needed this thread.

Rant of the Year

Again, Shroud's fight about the wonderful US Army springs to mind. Was that this year?

Victoria Wood and Bowie to share.

Joke of the Year

You have to be there at the time. It was hilarious. I'll have a look, there was one that really stood out when I saw it, but I can never remember jokes.

Edit: Ok it's this one from Switch:

A Roman centurion walks into a bar and holds up two fingers.

He says: "Five beers, please."

Put Down of the Year

Anything said by Lard to Morbidkid.

Best Newcomer

JoeyRuss. Too damn enthusiastic for my liking!

Deadpool of the Year

Scavenger Hunt DP.

• Like 1

My answers in bold. I must say if we'd had notice of this at the start of the year, I could have kept a list (hint, hint):

I'd say the post of Book and gcreptile having their mini convention ranks up there.

I think Shroud just scraped into 2016. Whilst he provided some interesting insight and contributed much to some threads, his crazed fights with nearly everyone on the forum distressed me somewhat.

No one deserves this award. If they can log in, they have achieved a level beyond retarded imo.

Modesty prevents me from nominating in this category, but I agree BiblioG and msc are major contenders, probably msc for his stat work.

I can't choose between the ladies. They all deserve to share the award. (Or I nominate the first one to comment that I'm a pussy for not selecting one!)

Dunno. We have gimmicks? I'll read some of the other noms to get an idea what this means and come back to this.

Edit: I'll go with The Last Word by rockhopperpenguin as well. Interesting to see who the Establishment feels is worthy of discussion while completely ignoring Zara Nutley's sad demise.

Thread of the Year

I'll have a think and edit this. Edit: Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying. Sad that the forum needed this thread, but the forum needed this thread.

Rant of the Year

Again, Shroud's fight about the wonderful US Army springs to mind. Was that this year?

Joke of the Year

You have to be there at the time. It was hilarious. I'll have a look, there was one that really stood out when I saw it, but I can never remember jokes.

Put Down of the Year

Best Newcomer

Deadpool of the Year

Scavenger Hunt DP.

I'm sure I posted the joke (though maybe Switch did too!)

One of the deaths of the year was David Gest, as it was apparently unexpected. I knew fuck all about him, but finding out that he was preparing his "David Gest is Not Dead" tour damn near killed me laughing.

I admit that first sentence exists solely to mention the second one.

How about most of those guests for the good riddance award.

Feck off to 'Wifey of the Year' ya smegma topped loon, and shame on ye ya great pussy whipped scunner for not being able to choose.

Thread of the Year

Rant of the Year

Joke of the Year

Put Down of the Year

Best Newcomer

Deadpool of the Year

Scavenger Hunt DP.

• Like 4

Let's have some fun...

Best admin: Paul Bearer

So so admin: Paul Bearer

Worst Admin: Paul Bearer

Best mod:DDP
So so mod:DDP

Worst Admin:DDP

Post of the year: Spade's Tony Hancock, that's four in Dem dem bones

Useless thread Award: What do you say, Joey? Martin Scorsese, Morgan Freeman or Kimbo Slice? I go with Kimbo Slice

Best Deadpool: One of Shaun's deadpools

Worst Deadpool: One of Shaun's deadpools

Best Creator of Deadpools: Shaun of the Dead

Sage of the year: Cat O'falk

Person we want as admin Award: Cat O'falk

Best Cat O' Falk: Cat O'falk

Left wing deathlister: Phantom

Right wing deathlister: Tempus Fugit

Best gimmick:

First half of the year RobertMugabe

Second half Last Word Rockhopperpenguin

Best newbie:

Joeyruss

Best nickname: Spade's roeyjuss

Best death reporter: Young Willz/gcreptile

Best list/statistics maniac: msc/Bibliogryphon (are you the same person, aren't you?)

Once in a century award: Sir Creep reporting a significant death (Hugh O'Brian)

Mong award: Sorry, MK,

Charon award: Charon

Farewell Awards: Magere Hein, Scraggy Taters, Zorders :referee:

Beyond suspicion sockpuppet: DrZorders2

Rant of the year: I guess me vs Zorders after San Francisco shootings

Poster of the year: Put your name here, you will be happy.

Wifey of the year: Handrejka

Best psychological intuition: LFN for understanding Omar Mateen was gay.

Best sweepstake prediction: Drol predicting Bhumibol's death just one day after his real demise.

Poster who writes in third person award: SC

And now...

You are dead. No, I'm not. Yes, you are 2016 award: Islam Karimov

Immortal bitch award: Zsa Zsa Gabor

Unexpected death award: Prince/David Bowie

Most important death. Fidel Castro

Why still alive? Award: Clive James

Worst DL pick: Lester Piggott

Best DL pick: Abe Vigoda

Unexpected DDP death: Steve Dillon.

Thanks to all of you and happy 2017.

• Like 5

I didn't create the Morgan Freeman thread, but I agree with you that the kimbo slice thread was the worst of the year. Those were the days I was a complete noob on the forum.

Nah, I'm nothing like Biblio. He's a list making deadpooler who tends to underachieve beyond his likely abilities in the DDP, is a big Doctor Who fan, and publicly declared support for at least one losing side in a major referendum within the last two and a bit years. Whereas I...

More drink!

• Like 1

Where'd he go? Other than Nottinghamshire.

I'm sorry everyone but this is definitely joke of the year, from Paul Bearer himself:

David Cameron was visiting a Glasgow primary school and the class was in the middle of a discussion about words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Mr Cameron if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'Tragedy'.

So the the prime minister asked the class if they could think of an example of a tragedy.

A little boy stood up and said, 'If my best friend is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy.'

'Incorrect,' said Cameron, 'That would merely be an accident.'

A little girl stood up and said 'If a school bus carrying thirty children drove over a cliff, killing everybody inside, that would be a tragedy.'

'I'm afraid not', said Cameron, 'That's what we would call a great loss'.

The room went silent. No other kid volunteered. Cameron searched the room.

'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally, little Johnny raised his hand from the back of the class and said, 'If a plane carrying you and all the Tory M.P.s was hit by a missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic!' exclaimed Cameron, 'And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?'

'Well,' said little Johnny, 'It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be a fucking accident either'

EDIT: Apologies for wrong link, I just copied and pasted your joke instead

Admin of the Year (self explanatory) Paul Bearer

Moderator of the Year (self explanatory) DDT

Post of the Year (for an individual post that can lay claim to being the greatest) GC and Book's mini convention picture

Shitposter of the Year (someone who post constant rubbish) Shroud who couldn't even understand the difference between and epithet and a user name.

Sage of the Year (someone who contributes valuable wisdom and information regularly) Hard to single anyone out.

The Farewell Award (for a much missed poster who has left us this year.) Hein or Scraggy

The Good Riddance Award (for a poster we're all glad to see the back of who has left us this year) If he's really gone then Deathray. Dr Z was a twat on the message boards but was fine in chat. Deathray was a like a dog trying to hump your leg

The mong award (for a poster who is an utter retard, beyond any normal comprehension) Shroud again.

Chief Lister of the Year (for a poster who has created the most magnificent lists) YoungWillz for the Pointless celebs list (sorry it was such a big task)

Tip of the Year (for a "this person might be ill" post that proved to be absolutely accurate but wasn't obvious) I'll get back to you.

Crystal Ball of the Year (for an absolutely ridiculous candidate put forward who actually died) As above

Wifey of the Year (best female poster) Youwanticewiththat is a quality poster.

w***er of the Year (best male poster) Charon, it took me a while to "get" him but now I do I think he's sound.

DL Gimmick of the Year (credit to Spade) PB constantly changing joeyruss's epithet.

Swearer of the Year (best/most prolific use of swearing) (credit to Lard) LB for the creative suggestions.

Thread of the Year That Historic Deathlist one

Rant of the Year Toast's about UK Mail.

Death of the Year Gene Wilder

Joke of the Year Predictor's one about Dr Z moving to Greenland

Put Down of the Year Lard's comment to Morbidkid in the Castro thread https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/944-30-fidel-castro/page-72#entry282304

Best Newcomer Joey for the staying power.

Deadpool of the Year I like the generations one.

I thought during my many intercourses with Shroud, and pm'd death wishes, that it was female.

Could be wrong on this, 30 years experience, no c**t can be 100% record..

Yeah?

Agree?

****sweat.....

DL Gimmick of the Year (credit to Spade) PB constantly changing joeyruss's epithet.

Thanks for the reminder :-0

• Like 2

I had no idea youwanticewiththat is a girly.

• Like 1