Simon Ricketts

Peter Skellern

Mario Soares

Valeri Spiridinov

John Wetton

Mike IX Williams

Paul Van Zandvliet

Sub: PM Patrick John

Note: after realizing I totally forgot Glen Campbell I sent an immediate email saying put Campbell in for Wetton, so it sure the ruling. I'll be the only dolt without Glen Campbell otherwise.

Good luck everyone!

SC

Wetton is a dead cert,assuming Campbell goes and Wetton doesn't make drop 40(most likely) it's only a net 1 point loss.

Well it's a lost cause. Rules say once submitted that's it. My boner for forgetting Campbell.

SC

And yet I look now and Wetton was replaced circumventing the rules and my acceptance of such as stated in numerous posts thereafter.

​Between that and the theme team omissions, I believe I'll leave DDP to the 'experts'. If I could pull my team, I would.

It's all good, I enjoy the league I run.

SirC

The rules were not circumvented as you suggested the change before the deadline in the same way that a team can be sent in with duplicate celebs or missing celebs which are quickly rectified by the entrant.

Campbell (and your team) will remain in the competition.

I think entry procedures should be made clearer for 2018...

• Like 1

The rules were not circumvented as you suggested the change before the deadline in the same way that a team can be sent in with duplicate celebs or missing celebs which are quickly rectified by the entrant.

Whoever sets them.......

• Like 1

Whoever sets them.......

Sir Creep never reads that stuff anyway.

• Like 2

I fucked up big time by not picking John Wetton. What with him dropping on the 31st, that takes away not just my lead, but my player of the month. Congrats to Golden Slumbers, then.

Of course, I still have all the time in the world to make up my losses, but it's not going to be easy. Most of my remaining picks are shared by the remaining contenders. So I'll have to rely on something unlikely to happen to get a boost, such as Byrne or Salmon dying, or Hankins obitting.

Speaking of which, it's been a month and I have 17 remaining, so let's see an updated prediction:

Leah Bracknell: Looks pretty fucked, but more of an end-of-year death. Her magic-organic-herbalistic-oriental remedies can't work for long. 90%.

Gay Byrne: Blah blah blah, treatment, blah blah blah, pray for the best. Doesn't look like much so far. 30%.

Errol Christie: I truly did originally think that he might be doing well, but DeathImpends informed me that he has life expectancy up until May. 99%.

Sara Coward: Hospice and all those sad little tabloid articles. 100%.

Gord Downie: Originally thought he was fucked, but he doesn't look too bad in recent appearance. Possibly only mostly fucked. 90%.

Greg Gilbert: Stage 4 bowel cancer spread to lungs. New news that his treatment he raised money for wouldn't even help. 100%.

Kris Hallenga: Well, she's had it since Michael Jackson was alive, so I have no idea why I expected her to die in the first place. 20%.

Sara Hankins: Wasn't supposed to see Christmas. Probably not getting an obit, but 100% dead cert.

Heidi Loughlin: Don't know much about her condition, hopefully not another wasted pick like Hallenga. 55% is a random guess.

Lisa Magill: As fucked as you can get. Wasn't supposed to still be alive now. Looks twenty years older in recent video. Really sad story. Dead-cert, 100%.

King Michael I of Romania: Old as fuck with cancer. Canceled public duties a year ago. Too frail to be at wife's funeral half a year ago. 100%

Simon Ricketts: Bleak prognosis, but so far he is tweeting away. Of course, he was almost eleven months to make a turn for the worse. 99%.

Rena Salmon: If Snuka died, she might too. Also, she has a small chance of getting murdered with the recent drama - unnatural death points! Still think it's just 25%.

Peter Skellern: Had his dying wish granted in October. Either he's a slow-dier, or an exaggerator/liar. 85%.

Valery Spiridonov: I have less and less faith that he's actually gonna do it. Unnatural death points would be splendid, though. 50%.

Stefan Karl Stefansson: I compared him to Joost because I thought he had ALS, lmao. Pancreatic cancer is more grim, but many think he'll see the next year. 60%.

Steve Sumner: Seems pretty fucked from the news stories, 90%.

• Like 1

Well, I could do that with my survivors.

Nicky Boles: Not heard of him for a while, but last time he was hospitalized and could not vote. I'd say 60%, tha cancer was pretty strong this time.

Leah Bracknell: A sure goner. 90%

Glen Campbell: Well, I don't know what to think. The old man was in the late stages of Alzheimer's last may and has passed his life expectancy. Still I don't consider him a dead cert. 80%

Errol Christie: How the hell is he still alive? 98%

Mireille Darc: Has suffered two cerebral hemorrhages last October and a heart attack in Mid December. She is "too frail" to leave her house, but I think she will make it to 2018, unless another stroke hits her. 30%

Sara Coward: Oh, it's a matter of days. 99%

Gord Downie: Yes, he will go. But not as soon as we think. 90%

Greg Gilbert: He looks fucked now. 90%

Scott Hamilton: The risky pick. No news of him for a while and last time his tumor was still confined to his brain. I'd say 40%, cause he's already survived two brain cancers and a testicle cancer (but he could not beat cancer forever)

Smith Hart: He's done. Was in a terminal condition before Christmas and looks scheletrical now. 90%

Colin Meads: He's old and his liver cancer is in advanced stage. 90%

King Michael: Everyone says he's fucked, but he continues to resist. Anyway, he's fucked. 95%

Simon Ricketts: His condition is grim. 90%

Peter Sallis: Years and years of failing healt. MIght be a 70% to go this year. A long awaited death.

Peter Skellern: His brain cancer was advanced and terminal last october. He's done. 90%

Steve Sumner: Don't trust him too much. 50%

Hmmm

Will almost certainly die in 2017 - Christie, Coward, Downie, Elias, Gilbert, Nevin, Ricketts, Sumner, Joost, Van Zandvliet

Will almost certainly die in 2017 but risky obit - Lakovic, Aspin, Butts, Suisala

50/50 in 2017: Al-Baghdadi, Karl, Bracknell

Not Likely to die in 2017 but 11 months is a long time with a brain injury: Homlund

The first two will wipe out, imo, but I suspect one or two of the four in the risky obits section will get a QO.

These endless self-predictions are about as productive as the derivatives market

• Like 1

Still more productive than your comments...

Latest update covering the rest of January...

• Like 5

How I assess mine...

Was nice knowing ya: Barrett, Briggs, Sims

Locks: Booth, Christie, Coward, Downie, Elias, Meads, Michael, Nevin, Skellern, Joost, Van-Zandvliet

Will die before 2019, but have a chance of sneaking into the next year: Bracknell, Hewlett, Ricketts, Stefansson

Will die but are an obit risk: Perez

50/50 at the moment: Bradley

My assessment on my team:

RIP: McGiffin, Sims, Wetton

Certs and Guaranteed Obit: Booth, Christie, Coward, Downie, Gilbert, Meads, Skellern, and Joost

Cert, but may or may not obit: Aspin, Suisala (more hope for Suisala than Aspin imo)

Likely deaths, but are capable of making out the year: Campbell, Ricketts, Stefansson

50/50 deaths: Al-Baghdadi, Brady, Loughlin

Wasted picks: Davies

Does my Politics XX not count as a theme team? Does there need to be a more specific theme. Don't mind either way, just will try and make it a more narrow theme of politicians associated with dictatorships next year (about 90% of the way there already, I think)

So the Daily Record doesn't count, but a live thread mention in the bbc's football section (which covers virtually every professional match) does? What a fucking joke.

I'll be padding my team out with no name footballer players next year.

Do your own dead pool then.

I'm sick of this fucking moan, moan fucking moan.

I've worked by balls off for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS and all I get it "Mi Mi Mi Mi Mi!"

If you don't like the rules, don't fucking enter. Simple as fucking that.

That's it. 2017 is MY LAST YEAR. PERIOD.

Someone else can fucking do it. I'm sick of my time being wasted like this.

Someone else can take up the fucking cudgel and spend hour after hour, entering teams, making updates etc etc and having to put up with moaning minnies every fucking year.

I've taken it as far as i can go. No more.

and Paul Lambert can fuck off an' all...

I'm sorry you think your time's being wasted. It isn't, and I'm sorry if you think we moan too much,

If it's causing you this much stress maybe it might be time to give it up.

About time you vented TMIB! We should be rallying round to help and re-reading the rules before we come on here.

I have nothing but the utmost admiration for someone who can handle a job like this.

Aye, I'd have probs snapped long ago running a pool of this magnitude. It's commendable that TMIB's kept his cool for as long as he has.

So the Daily Record doesn't count, but a live thread mention in the bbc's football section (which covers virtually every professional match) does? What a fucking joke.

Please try not to let some people's moaning and negativity to dishearten you. Please don't make any hasty final decisions just yet.

I think your doing a brilliant and fantastic job. I have no problem with the rules you set out.

I'm half Scottish and have spent much of my recent years in Scotland and don't think there's anything anti Scottish at all in your system. The other half of me is scouse which is also another motivation for me to feel I should rush to your defence.

Some People need to take a step back and think about what their saying.

I am very grateful to you for all your hardwork.

It's impossible to please everyone so don't get stressed even trying.

Take care mate ☺

Please try not to let some people's moaning and negativity to dishearten you. Please don't make any hasty final decisions just yet.

I think your doing a brilliant and fantastic job. I have no problem with the rules you set out.

I'm half Scottish and have spent much of my recent years in Scotland and don't think there's anything anti Scottish at all in your system. The other half of me is scouse which is also another motivation for me to feel I should rush to your defence.

Some People need to take a step back and think about what their saying.

I am very grateful to you for all your hardwork.

It's impossible to please everyone so don't get stressed even trying.

Take care mate ☺

I will add my thanks and appreciation for your work Blackie. The rules are very straightforward and if people want to moan about it, let them. I, like many others have failed to get a "hit" for picks in the DDP that fail to get the required obit but keep a good attitude about it. The great majority of the players are the same. If you decide to stop running the DDP it will be understandable but I hope you continue. Once again, thanks for all your hard work these last several years.

Is this something like what you guys were trying to achieve?

fullbodycastimage.jpg

I hope not. TMIB is a great host, and we wanted him to last as long as he can. Though I think he reached that point sadly.

Does my Politics XX not count as a theme team? Does there need to be a more specific theme. Don't mind either way, just will try and make it a more narrow theme of politicians associated with dictatorships next year (about 90% of the way there already, I think)

No, it's just I forgot to indicate that you were a theme team on my database!

Easy to fix for the next update...

• Like 2

No, it's just I forgot to indicate that you were a theme team on my database!

Easy to fix for the next update...

Now, that's what I call service! Cheers!

Two team names that made me spit out my coffee were "Valerie Harper Is Faking It" and "Kennedy Driving School".

• Like 3

Two team names that made me spit out my coffee were "Valerie Harper Is Faking It" and "Kennedy Driving School".

Kennedy Driving School is simply the best.

• Like 1

Another thing I wanted to point out, but very minor, is that Glen Campbell's place of birth is listed as Billstown, Arizona. It's actually Billstown, Arkansas. I see where the confusion might have stemmed from - Arkansas abbreviation is AR, which might make you think of the more relevant state of Arizona.

• Like 1

You could have Kennedy Flying School to go with it.

• Like 6

You could have Kennedy Flying School to go with it.

Open the George Best Rehab Centre while you're at it.

I see the Ps have been done. Working like a Trojan TMIB....due a holiday soon!

Glad you knew who the other John Prescott was!