themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

To be honest, I quite like the DDP's unerring faith in Libby's ability to live another 20 years, no matter how old she gets.

She's in the Drop 40 this year though, so that seems to have ended.

This one's quite funny

Donald Trump's Hit List

First year in DDP. (THEME) The enemies of new US President Donald Trump.
  1. Billie Joe ARMSTRONG
  2. Chris BROWN
  3. George CLOONEY
  4. Mark CUBAN
  5. Miley CYRUS
  6. Lena DUNHAM
  7. Lady GAGA
  8. Lindsey GRAHAM
  9. Stephen HAWKING (joker)
  10. Perez HILTON
  11. John LEGEND
  12. Mac MILLER
  13. Michael MOORE
  14. Trevor NOAH
  15. Rosie O'DONNELL
  16. John OLIVER
  17. J. K. ROWLING
  18. Sarah SILVERMAN
  19. George SOROS
  20. Bruce SPRINGSTEEN

(I had to take out the unique/40/joker symbols because too many images for one post)

• Like 1

Y'know, one could probably still make a decent theme team out of survivors of Nixon's enemies list.

• Like 3

Just noticed another picked name who died in very late December 2016 - Michel Deon.

Damn, I thought I took him out!

A couple of heads ups to TMIB:

Gregorio Conrado Alvarez, picked by Heads of Fate, died late December last year.

Amber Snailham, picked by two teams, was 17 years old in November 2016 per Mail coverage of her plight. I would assume she doesn't qualify bar the offhand chance her birthday was in December, but can't find any DOB.

EDIT: Another - Thich Nhat Hanh was picked as a "details to follow" name. He appeared in the past couple of DDPs, though IIRC he was just listed as Nhat Hanh there.

I have received an email this morning which says that according to a Facebook post, Amber celebrated her 18th birthday on December 18th, so she makes the cut!

• Like 1

Teams not mentioned here due to not being forum members who might contend include This Mortal Coil (c143 points), Banshee's team (c150), and Dead Ends (c147).

Wetton being on the Drop 40 really took me by surprise.

I know Dead Ends. I'll drop him a line to tell him the list is up and he's being considered a contender. He'll be thrilled

• Like 5

Teams not mentioned here due to not being forum members who might contend include This Mortal Coil (c143 points), Banshee's team (c150), and Dead Ends (c147).

I know Dead Ends. I'll drop him a line to tell him the list is up and he's being considered a contender. He'll be thrilled

Also is Banshee's team not that of Banshee's Scream who is a forum member even if an infrequent visitor these days?

• Like 1

Also is Banshee's team not that of Banshee's Scream who is a forum member even if an infrequent visitor these days?

Yes. The name is now New Years and Drinks All Nights, but he's had several name changes over the years in the DDP. He's also really good at it, but frequently just comes up that little bit short. 2009 for example, the pivotal death which prevented him winning happened in July and he then matched Tonight Matthew for the champions final seven hits iirc.

Banshees would have won the 2009 DDP if Lynda Uttley's obituary hadn't had to wait until February 2010 to be published in The Times.

Having said that, if the obit had appeared in the right year and if Eluana Englaro received the unnatural death points she deserved, the winner would have been, er, The Living End.

• Like 3

A couple of heads ups to TMIB:

Gregorio Conrado Alvarez, picked by Heads of Fate, died late December last year.

Amber Snailham, picked by two teams, was 17 years old in November 2016 per Mail coverage of her plight. I would assume she doesn't qualify bar the offhand chance her birthday was in December, but can't find any DOB.

EDIT: Another - Thich Nhat Hanh was picked as a "details to follow" name. He appeared in the past couple of DDPs, though IIRC he was just listed as Nhat Hanh there.

I have received an email this morning which says that according to a Facebook post, Amber celebrated her 18th birthday on December 18th, so she makes the cut!

Had I known that, she probably would've been seriously considered.
  • Like 1

So me and gcreptile both put Eddie Long in our reserve sides. Not the best decision if he gets a QO, but it will stop DDT getting the unique bonus.

• Like 1

If you had asked me before, I would have thought he was likely a fraud. But then I needed to fill out my team...

Obit-wise, it's probably Daily Mail or bust...

If you had asked me before, I would have thought he was likely a fraud. But then I needed to fill out my team...

Obit-wise, it's probably Daily Mail or bust...

He looked bloody hideous at the Christmas stuff, but I decided to take an obit punt out on Sasha Lakovic instead, as he's worth more points if it turns out right.

That said, Alphonse Mouzon never QO'd in the end, so a lucky escape there in a way.

Brought Forward:

Eddie Long: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9034-the-dead-of-2017/?p=292902

Daily Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4122278/Eddie-Long-megachurch-pastor-embroiled-scandal-dies.html

Jimmy Snuka: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/677-wrestlersactors/?p=292965

Daily Mirror Obit: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wwes-jimmy-superfly-snuka-dead-9628904

Eugene Cernan: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8690-moon-dust-between-their-toes/?p=293217 (Daily Mail Obit In Link)

Peter Abrahams: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/857-authors-last-a-long-time-but/?p=293565

Awaiting Obit.

Mark Sims?: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8709-only-famous-for-being-ill-and-dying/?p=293814

Awaiting Obit.

Miguel Ferrer: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9048-2017-ddp-salvage-lot/?p=293819

Daily Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4138076/Miguel-Ferrer-dies-age-61-cancer-battle.html

As I've said before, I thought he would've gotten a Mail obit easily, given they took a vested interest in his sex scandal a few years back. But I decided not to pick him on the basis that his health was too much rumor and not enough concrete info. Well done to DDT and the duet of side teams who went brave.

• Like 1

Hardest working man in deadpooling! If there was a doffing of cap smiley on the forum, one would be on this post!

You are awesome.

There is

:hatsoff:

And I concur. TMIB is the dog's bollocks. :)

Aye, even sent you some admiration in replying to the confirmation email. Glad the team's in cos there's only 18 of them still breathing

Good start for the Carkers, Maryport, beginning as you meant to carry on?

Aye, but I've been Snuka'd

The 1st Drop 40 hit of 2017. Now fingers-crossed this will work, as it did with my testing a couple of months back. The D40 icon added to the picks suggest this will be successful but you never know...

Finally got a minute to peruse the selections on DDP

So, this one is unique to me - eh?

Anne Hamilton-Byrne - aged and dementia riddled head of religious cult, outed for a manipulative power-hungry sort in a recent movie. I'd say she'll go this year. QO debateable

anne-hamilton-byrne-now-600x315.jpg

You did get this rather fetching photo when I attached it to the email entry, right TMIB?

Richard Cole's profile needs updated. He's now the only surviving Doolittle Raider, rather than one of two.

Also, there is a photo of Takeshi Kitano being used for Katsumi Tezuka.

Shame. It's a great picture!

• Like 2

Shame. It's a great picture!

Haha! It's from the movie Sonatine which he starred in. Personally recommend it, but then all of his movies are pretty awesome.