themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Just as a follow up to the TJS issue - diana rots has 16 names as pointed yesterday? Did she die three quarters of the way through compiling her team or is there a couple missing?

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2017/teams.html#DDPTeamdianar

All I can say is that it's really worth looking though the List of the Lost before entering your team...

s0o4MP1.gif

• Like 2

I don't think the database/hta could cope with no entry for the team name at all...

Whenever themaninblack gets done with adding those 4 teams (and do take as long as you need, I wasn't trying to rush you with that comment I should've thought twice before posting), I think I'm going to post a list of people's joker in the statistics thread cause I'm interested in seeing how many jokers are ill, how many are just old, and how many are just people wishing.

Just as a follow up to the TJS issue - diana rots has 16 names as pointed yesterday? Did she die three quarters of the way through compiling her team or is there a couple missing?

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2017/teams.html#DDPTeamdianar

I think I see what she's done. Are they the surviving unique picks of the top 40 from last year?

Edit: They were all unique picks last year, but not necessarily from the top 40. In that case, I've no idea what's happened to the remainders of her team.

Diana Rots must have done some work on their team, as I see they have Lily Safra. Checked as was one of my previous unique picks.

Diana Rots is one of the DDP teams I wanna see posting on here tbh. Sicilian Actuaries Snorkelling and Tonight Matthew... as well.

As my Time's-up team didn't make it out of my Outbox (thanks Windows 10!), it's in my signature for everyone's perusal & public ridicule. 6 uniques, 3 drop forty.

Owing to my non-entry, Robin Parkinson & Nehemiah Persoff become unique picks for The Rancid Odour of Brit Sitcom & ToeJam, respectively.

*sits back to watch them drop like flies*

My sit-com team thanks your operating system immensely for preserving the uniqueness of Mr Parkinson for me........but wait........is 'Time's up' one of the 4 extra team's TMIB has declared ??

Love the new format. Gutted that one other person chose my joker Assem "not well at all" Allam.

Dunno if I spelled his name incorrectly in my theme team app, but the precocious/racist fourth-in-line to the Spanish throne is known as Froilan, not Frolian.

Love the new format. Gutted that one other person chose my joker Assem "not well at all" Allam.

That's why DDT warned you. Watch out for the Pelican. They have some tricks up there sleeves.

Did you/are you dealing with the missing Wayne Barret unique for Thomas Jefferson Survives?

I don't think he's missing in the "missing" sense, merely gone to ground...TJS may better explain why he was included though.

Barrett is definitely still alive and active. I realize Deathray already elaborated on what joey meant by "missing" but...

Actually, I noticed a similar case on another team. gcreptile's The B Team has only 19 picks as well, despite listing Paul Van-Zandvliet (who looks to be the missing one) as a team member when he posted on the forum. Might want to double check his email as well?

• Like 1

As my Time's-up team didn't make it out of my Outbox (thanks Windows 10!), it's in my signature for everyone's perusal & public ridicule. 6 uniques, 3 drop forty.

Owing to my non-entry, Robin Parkinson & Nehemiah Persoff become unique picks for The Rancid Odour of Brit Sitcom & ToeJam, respectively.

*sits back to watch them drop like flies*

My sit-com team thanks your operating system immensely for preserving the uniqueness of Mr Parkinson for me........but wait........is 'Time's up' one of the 4 extra team's TMIB has declared ??
I doubt it, unless he verily speedily culled it from my sig.

In Queen Elizabeth's bio, you had not a popular DDP pick, probably due to the previous ones there was no health scare. She's definitely a popular one this time, so you should probably change that.

Did you/are you dealing with the missing Wayne Barret unique for Thomas Jefferson Survives?

I don't think he's missing in the "missing" sense, merely gone to ground...TJS may better explain why he was included though.

Barrett is definitely still alive and active. I realize Deathray already elaborated on what joey meant by "missing" but...

Actually, I noticed a similar case on another team. gcreptile's The B Team has only 19 picks as well, despite listing Paul Van-Zandvliet (who looks to be the missing one) as a team member when he posted on the forum. Might want to double check his email as well?

Thanks for noticing. He was no. 17 in the email I sent.

@ A Pelican in the Wilderness: Indeed a crafty player, probably the biggest unique hunter (beyond having them for uniqueness sake alone) in the comeptition.

• Like 2

Diana Rots is one of the DDP teams I wanna see posting on here tbh. Sicilian Actuaries Snorkelling and Tonight Matthew... as well.

I think Tonight Matthew did post here for a while and was a bit of an arsehole from what I remember. I could be wrong though.

In Queen Elizabeth's bio, you had not a popular DDP pick, probably due to the previous ones there was no health scare. She's definitely a popular one this time, so you should probably change that.

The existing bios are well overdue for an update. The QE2 one was probably written way back in 2003!

I honestly hope the Bill Cosby bio never changes

• Like 4

I honestly hope the Bill Cosby bio never changes

Actually I did make an addition to it last year, but didn't change the master database so it's the old one again.

Let's put it under irony...

Whilst looking under "C", I've noticed there should be 2 Brian Cox's - the actor and the TV physicist...

Here's an example of what needs to be updated:

CANNON, Nick
Born 8 October 1980 (San Diego, California, USA)
Actor and rapper who is married to Mariah Carey.

She's gone through another marriage since then!

FYI Don "Nick" Clifford was born on July 5th in Pierre, South Dakota.

I know you're still updating the site, and I certainly take my hat off to you with all the outstanding work you do each year on this.

CANNON, Nick

Aye and Clare Hollingworth was born just up the road from me in Knighton Leicester England and not Knighton Wales.

I noticed that as well but made a mental note to myself not to mention it until the inevitable death lull in July. Figured with all the tinkering TMIB still has to do the likes of already dead names, missing picks, duplicates etc are higher priority than out-of-date writeups.

(not a jab at you joey, just how I personally feel)

• Like 1

To be honest, I quite like the DDP's unerring faith in Libby's ability to live another 20 years, no matter how old she gets.

• Like 1

CANNON, Nick

Aye and Clare Hollingworth was born just up the road from me in Knighton Leicester England and not Knighton Wales.

Ron Isley's been out of jail longer than he was ever in.