themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Well, Rayya Elias has booked a show for the 19th July, so she seems fairly confident she'll outlive the Black Widow.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, msc said:

Well, Rayya Elias has booked a show for the 19th July, so she seems fairly confident she'll outlive the Black Widow.

9 more months Rayya we believe in you,keep on fighting

• Like 2

Round Up #7 (Ides of March Special)

Hans Georg Dehmelt: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/6349-nobel-prize-in-death/?do=findComment&comment=301541

Awaiting Obit.

Sara Hankins: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8709-only-famous-for-being-ill-and-dying/?do=findComment&comment=301566

Daily Mirror Obit: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mum-four-whose-best-friend-10051784

Ann Beach: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8127-british-character-actors/?do=findComment&comment=301699 (Guardian Obit In Link)

Chuck Berry: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/1611-chuck-berry/?do=findComment&comment=301861

BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39318602

Darren Sawchuk: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/6254-the-fringes-of-famefamily-of-the-famous/?do=findComment&comment=301914

Awaiting Obit.

David Rockefeller: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9036-34-david-rockefeller/?do=findComment&comment=302026

Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4331804/Billionaire-philanthropist-David-Rockefeller-dies-age-101.html

Martin McGuinness: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2248-gerry-adams-martin-mcguinness/?do=findComment&comment=302180 (Guardian Obit In Link)

Colin Dexter: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/857-authors-last-a-long-time-but/?do=findComment&comment=302231 (BBC Obit In Link)

Betty Kennedy: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8240-shove-off-eh/?do=findComment&comment=302270

Awaiting Obit.

Robert Day: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9034-the-dead-of-2017/?do=findComment&comment=302290 (Times Death Notice In Link)

Chuck Barris: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9034-the-dead-of-2017/?do=findComment&comment=302339

Telegraph Obit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/03/22/chuck-barris-gong-show-host-alleged-cia-assassin-dies-87/

Ronnie Moran: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/6417-time-added/?do=findComment&comment=302342 (BBC Obit In Link)

John Derrick: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/7857-cricket-thread-only-mad-dogs-and-englishmen/?do=findComment&comment=302350 (BBC Obit In Link)

Here's how I see the rest of the DDP going.

End of March:

Pretty quiet time. Only Catherine Nevin dies from the contenders' teams.

Out of desperation, I create two hundred fake email accounts to spam the Daily Mail about Sara Hankins. To no avail.

April-May:

Only a few major hits. King Michael finally croaks, as does Errol Christie.

June: Gord Downie drop, stops, and carks it. 

July-August: Greg Gilbert dies, as does Leah Bracknell - to the relief of all twenty million teams who jokered her.

Ben Suisala's death gets a BBC front page breaking news headlines. "Curses!", I scream, and Joey hears it two states away.

September-October:

Bert's patience for Forsyth, and DI's patience for Booth, finally pays off.

November:

Stefan Karl's cancer comes back and he dies within a week.

December:

At the start of the month, I'm barely in the top 10.

This all changes when Valery Spiridonov gets his head chopped off and Gay Byrne dies on Christmas.
RadGuy DDP Champ 2017.

27 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Here's how I see the rest of the DDP going.

End of March:

Pretty quiet time. Only Catherine Nevin dies from the contenders' teams.

Out of desperation, I create two hundred fake email accounts to spam the Daily Mail about Sara Hankins. To no avail.

April-May:

Only a few major hits. King Michael finally croaks, as does Errol Christie.

May-June: Gord Downie drop, stops, and carks it. 

July: Greg Gilbert dies, as does Leah Bracknell - to the relief of all twenty million teams who jokered her.

Ben Suisala's death gets a BBC front page breaking news headlines. "Curses!", I scream, and Joey hears it two states away.

September-October:

Bert's patience for Forsyth, and DI's patience for Booth, finally pays off.

November:

Stefan Karl's cancer comes back and he dies within a week.

December:

At the start of the month, I'm barely in the top 10.

This all changes when Valery Spiridonov gets his head chopped off and Gay Byrne dies on Christmas.
RadGuy DDP Champ 2017.

That all sounds very plausible!

• Like 1

I am suspecting you will be proved very accurate in the coming months.

I think for March we're getting Catherine Nevin, Paul Van Zandvliet and a surprise death or two. Plus the already carked Magill.

I am going to go predict that April 1st will be an iconic day in Deadpooling.We get the news that Errol Chritie has died in the early hours of the morning at about 730 am.Catherine Nevin' death is announced at about 11am the same morning.At 12:30 it is announced that Martin McGuinness has died an hour previously.At 4pm Uk time Gord Downies death is announced.Then at 7pm King Michael is announced to have died late afternoon but due to McGuinneses demise he only gets a 10 second mention on the news at 10.

• Like 1

If I'm going to win, I'm going to a) need the Suisala punt to be successful and b need 3 of the 4 following to die, Baghdadi, Brady, Davies and Loughlin. I think Baghdadi will be successful if I'm honest, and, even though it was a Lee Evans Gambit I fell for, I think Rick Davies might be the Ray Price of 2017, and if that's correct, then I'll probably be worried about either Brady or Loughlin dying. And Suisala obitting as well. 

It's interesting for me.

I have so many punts.

Gay Byrne might have early stage prostate cancer, but he is in his 80s...

Kris Hallenga has had cancer for nearly a decade now, but it apparently took a turn for the worst last year.

Heidi Loughlin was given a "year or two" a year ago.

Rena Salmon might be a good one. They don't just release anybody on compassionate release for no reason, she must be really ill.

Either way, next year I'm not doing more than one risky pick. 

Also I pedict Tony Booth Paul van Zandvliet Fernando Ricksen Helen Fawkes will also die in April.Also John Noakes will die on Good Friday making everyone in Britain of a certain era sad.Then on Eastender Sunday Robbie Coltrane dies prompting everyone of my generation to go awwww.

I would probably due more than one risky pick, but only the ones you feel will be successful. Looking back at my 20, the only ones I would change are Aspin (I had the feeling he wouldn't obit around mid January) and Rick Davies. Probably would sub them for either Zandvliet, Bracknell, or Magill (can't say Elias, Nevin, Briggs, etc cause I didn't know about their cases). I could've punted for Perez, but I still don't feel like putting her in my final 20, though I know I'll regret this...

@RadGuy Remember, Lynne Stewart was on compassionate release as well, and look how long it took her to finally die. You just can't trust criminals. In fact, I only put Brady on due to a gut feeling...

Well, they know roughly where Al-Baghdadi is, they're hunting him down and its March. If he's still alive on January 1st, I will lose so much respect for the competence of "imperialist warmongers"... :lol:

Anyhow, Suisalas been mentioned by Joey, I wonder what the latest on Sasha Lakovic is. He's outlived his prognosis now.

Update on my picks:

Nick Boles: Chemiotherapy, chemiotherapy, chemiotherapy. He does not get any better apparently but he is still active. He won't live long, but could make it to next year.

Leah Bracknell: Considered a dead cert at the end of last year, it seems she can as well reach Hogmanay. In two years she will be gone for sure.

Glen Campbell: It suprises me he's still alive. He can't speak, has completely lost his memory, he's reduced to a sort of vegetable. But he's still going, month after month.

Errol Christie: It's simply incredible he's still alive. Small-cell lung cancer, stage 4, and still he goes. One for this year, though, sooner or later.

Mireille Darc: She doesn't leave her home and won't do it for a long time. Only news of her we are gonna get will regard her death and this could happen in two months or twenty years. Worst pick on my team.

Gord Downie: He should have been already dead. But this summer he will leave this planet, that's for sure.

Greg Gilbert: Liver cancer, stage 4, no cures, basically fucked.

Scott Hamilton: I was surprised to hear his situation is worse than he thought. Reading between the lines he's receiving intensive chemiotherapy as his craniopharyngioma grew. It may shorten his life, yes, but I still think he'll beat cancer, even this time.

Smith Hart: Matter of when.

Colin Meads: He's doing well. Once again this strikes me, but I have faith in pancan (and in the fact Spade picked him)

King Michael: leukaemia, skin cancer, old age. But he's still alive, months pass and he doesn't give up. Incredible.

Simon Ricketts: He's doing well. Again he should see 2018.

Peter Sallis: Oh, he's immortal.

Eh, might as well post my update on my own picks:

Leah Bracknell - her petite figure means she'll run out of strength soon. I think she has already lost some substance, and the process may accelerate rapidly at some point. Thinking of an August-September death

Valeri Spiridonov - could die from the operation, could also die naturally. I'd rate his chances of surviving the year lower than 50%, but he's not a dead cert

Gord Downie - I "feel" as if his death is coming in May-June, a question of when

Greg Gilbert - latter half of the year death, quite possibly very late in the year

Errol Christie - turning into a statistical outlier, his death could be expected any day, or not at all

Dmitri Hvorostovsky - can't shake it off, will not die tomorrow, but a very solid "2nd half of the year"-pick

Sharon Laws - the last I heard of her was a "I cannot win, but I will fight" post. It's the Joey Feek-cancer, only that Laws is on a delayed timeline, a little fitter but also just slightly older. Maybe September or October.

Connie Johnson - She'll die this year, only question is when. She had a very depressing post late 2016, so I'm fairly certain.

Daisy Berkowitz - just saw a new update, and he's doing ok. I read before that he was forced to try something new which caused me to pick him. He's about to start a new chemo regimen, so not all is lost.

DJ Casper - no updates, as far as I can tell. So I guess it means he's still going to die, and probably this year

Mao Kobayashi - out of hospital for now, but the latest stint was the longest. Cancer is still everywhere. She's buying time. Maybe she'll survive the year.

Catherine Nevin - I guess she should be dead by now? You can never trust inmates... though she probably IS ill.

Rayya Elias - Just because it's pancreatic cancer, doesn't mean she'll die this year. I mean, it's likely, but she could survive a year or two.

Glen Campbell - probably his year, any time between today and Dec 31st.

Stefan Karl Stefansson - probably more 2018?

Simon Ricketts - apparently stable: https://simonnricketts.tumblr.com/post/158078619727/a-tunnel-and-a-lit-match - could survive the year, or die this year. They told him he had 6 months-2 years left. I think pretty much a 50:50 choice.

Incidentally (and belatedly) congratulations to The Living End for becoming the first DDP team in history to pass the 1000 points mark!

Currently on 65pts which makes a grand total of 1021pts...

I salute you!

• Like 8

Blimey, well done DDT!

DDT truly is the greatest...

Which is why the Baghdadi punt will be successful. :P

3 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Incidentally (and belatedly) congratulations to The Living End for becoming the first DDP team in history to pass the 1000 points mark!

I salute you!

Kudos to the man whose cancer-googling shadow we all stand in.

• Like 3

With such a deadpooling career he should obit when he goes! Let us know!:P

• Like 1

Oh, might as well update for my dozen survivors. It's March, AKA "My Dead-Certs Are Still Breathing Which Means They're Cured" month.

Leah Bracknell: People were too kind in terms of how she looked on "Loose Women". She has a very good chance of dying this year. 95%.

Gay Byrne: Early stage prostate cancer. Shitty pick. But he's an octogenarian, so 20% still.

Errol Christie: How is he still alive? 100%.

Gord Downie: He's about to pass life expectancy, and has been quiet on social media. 100%.

Greg Gilbert: Still tweeting away, he might see the year out, but it's more likely he'll die in the fall. 90%.

Kristin Hallenga: She has been fighting for almost a decade, but it took a turn for the worse last year. 35%.

Heidi Loughlin: Given "a year or two" a year ago, but I suspect it's more grim than that. 60%.

King Michael I of Romania: How is he still alive? 100%.

Simon Ricketts: Could see the year out. But probably won't. 70%.

Rena Salmon: They don't give ya compassionate release for no reason. She has cancer and also had a heart attack two years ago. 45%.

Valery Spiridonov: Latest article says the head-chopping thing might be delayed. 30% dammit.

Stefan Karl Stefansson: In remission, but it's pan-can so he will die of it. Probably next year, though, with my luck. 40%.

So as long as Lakovic and Singh don't obit, and Elias and Meads are exaggerating their conditions, I could make the podium. 

I'm not making the podium.

• Like 1

Here's mine:

Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi: Warmongers are hunting for him, which I think they'll get him before the end of the year. Also, he's DDT joker. 75%

Alan Aspin: 100% dead, but 5% obit chance

Tony Booth: I feel he'll die this year, but he'll hold on a bit longer, possibly into 2018. 85%

Ian Brady: As I said many times before, he was included due to a gut feeling. I might have to not trust my gut next year. 40%

Glen Campbell: The same as Booth. 85%

Errol Christie: A fighter, but surely he's going to die soon. 99%

Rick Davies: A Lee Evans Gambit I fell for, but I'm not writing him out completely. Yet. His cancer is incurable, so 20% will do.

Gord Downie: That very notable media silence which will then lead into death. 99%

Greg Gilbert: Many are saying he's a late year death, but since that life saving chemo will only extend his life by 2 weeks, I think he'll die in summer tbh. 95%

Heidi Loughlin: Currently tweeting away and doing her bucket list, but if they do take away her drugs, as an article suggested in late January, then she could die. 60%

Colin Meads: Currently doing well in his bout with pancreatic cancer, but pancreatic cancer always wins. 65%

Simon Ricketts: Was always going to be a 2017/2018 gamble, but he seems to be doing well. 50%

Stefan Karl Stefansson: Like Colin Meads, pancreatic cancer always strikes back, just a matter of when. 65%

Ben Suisala: He seems fucked with his brain tumor. He'll die, but obitality is another issue. I put it currently at an optimistic 70%.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themaninblack said:

I salute you!

Incredible - I'd be slipping him bungs to ignore me if I was famous

• Like 2

And in terms of my survivors:

Colin Baddiel - seemed in passable physical health in a recent documentary but that was filmed in 2016 and his mind is clearly slipping away; passable late year bet

Tony Booth

- nailed on, surely, for this year

Leah Bracknell

- see above and what others are saying

Pauline Cafferkey - wtf was I thinking? Long-shot but a unique pick if she does.

Glen Campbell - surely his year but probs later on

Errol Christie - see above (again) nailed on for 2017 hence his huge popularity hereabouts

Shannen Doherty - her running commentary suggests she's putting up a fight; but she's facing tough odds

Gord Downie - just a question of when

Paul Gascoigne - the curse of rehab he may well see out the year

Anne Hamilton-Byrne - surely nailed on since she was "near death" four years ago. Unique pick should slightly mittigate the low points for a 96 year old

Emma Morano - aw, c'mon, how many more months has she got

John Noakes - probs a bit too impulsive here. Lacking news might well indicate his body is holding out well enough to keep him out of hospital

Martin Peters

- not too smart on this one; most of the 66 survivors are ailing with dementia but he's not the worst, stupidly took his shocked family at their word

Brian Reader

- still reckon him a reasonable bet, but not this week

Kenny Sansome

- see Gazza above; those meddling rehab bastards are spoiling our fun. But the warmer park-bench bottle days are approaching