Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

Rather strangely, my mum's heard of her. Apparently her show is quite good, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm really not.

Hmm, maybe we could bring president of Algeria Abdelaziz Bouteflika back. I remember seeing him on the DL a few years. But again, there's not too many updates on him. I think it's a good pick nontheless seeing as he has had a history of health problems and seeing how many former/current heads of government are dying recently, something to keep in mind.

13 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Likely obitable on the back of the appendage status - at which point I could go all old school on yers and start ranting about people who do good things with their lives and don't get such coverage

But I won't

Ms Zieman's autobiography is called "Seams Unlikely", which shows she has the kind of vaguely passable punning ability that'd see her fit right at home in any deadpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/12/eu-withdrawal-bill-labour-rebels-abstain-or-vote-with-government

It seems Tory MP Nick Boles who has only recently just won his 'battle'with cancer for the second time was absent from last night's historic potentially very tight vote. Now of course it could be something minor but there was talk the government whips were anxious to get every tory MP even some in hospital in for the vote. 

Perhaps he is rather ill again and worthy of consideration for next year? 

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/12/eu-withdrawal-bill-labour-rebels-abstain-or-vote-with-government

It seems Tory MP Nick Boles who has only recently just won 'his'  battle with cancer for the second time was absent from last night's historic potentially very tight vote. Now of course it could be something minor but there was talk the government whips were anxious to get every tory MP even some in hospital in for the vote. 

Perhaps he is rather ill again and worthy of consideration for next year? 

OOoohhh!

This is gonna get interesting because those tight votes with mucho breaking of the three line whips will expose such details. Saw This House - stage play - not so long back which chronicles the struggles of the Labour Govt (1974-79) to stay in power and win votes. A story that involved ambulances delivering MPs to vote before returning them to hospital (predictably the main user of the service was an NHS supporting Labour MP!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

OOoohhh!

This is gonna get interesting because those tight votes with mucho breaking of the three line whips will expose such details. Saw This House - stage play - not so long back which chronicles the struggles of the Labour Govt (1974-79) to stay in power and win votes. A story that involved ambulances delivering MPs to vote before returning them to hospital (predictably the main user of the service was an NHS supporting Labour MP!)

Broughton, perchance?

The chap who offered to come in via ambulance to vote in the 79 Confidence Motion, but Callaghan (or someone high up) turned him down in the end. They lost by 1 vote, and Broughton died about 2 days later.

Nick Boles tweet from Sept. 1st:

Looking thin, and speaking slightly disjointed. He says the cancer is gone, but I don't quite believe him. Treatment may be working though.

• Like 1

Droller coaster has him but now it feels like he is a wasted pick, having been in remission since April. He won't make it to a ripe age though.

Jeanette Miller 

Actress who played the recurring part of Aunt Edie on The Middle and who has been guest starring on sitcoms as old ladies since the mid 90's . Not sure of her exact age,could be in her late 80's or already near 100 by now.

Here's one where I look at the Wikipedia and doubt what I'm reading - does anyone know better?

Apparently Clive Champney is still alive. FFS he was ancient when I was a kid. According to the Wiki he first appeared on Border TV in 1963 (the station died before him)

Is he really still in the land of Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Champney

Previously mentioned in this thread and other parts of the forum, Selena Gomez is battling lupus. An update on the story is that she revealed today she has undergone a kidney transplant as part of her fight against the disease. 

55 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Here's one where I look at the Wikipedia and doubt what I'm reading - does anyone know better?

Apparently Clive Champney is still alive. FFS he was ancient when I was a kid. According to the Wiki he first appeared on Border TV in 1963 (the station died before him)

Tweet from a year ago:

Clive is doing very well. Enjoying retirement.

0 replies . 0 retweets 1 like

Can't quote its veracity, of course, but ties in with the audio books and stuff.

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Previously mentioned in this thread and other parts of the forum, Selena Gomez is battling lupus. An update on the story is that she revealed today she has undergone a kidney transplant as part of her fight against the disease. 

She's an odd case, she's very famous but lupus is often hard to predict. She will probably be gone in 10 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

He's 88, anyway. Not so old.

2 minutes ago, Yama said:

Has Terry Jones been mentioned? Diagnosed with dementia last year and now has a full-time carer apparently.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Jones

:clivedunn:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, drol said:

He's 88, anyway. Not so old.

ONLY 88 - no way; the man was NEVER young as anyone who watched Border TV will testify, right?

Some people are just born looking 88, tbh.

22 hours ago, msc said:

Some people are just born looking 88, tbh.

Aye, well - either way - Champney might well get just about enough profile to hit q/o standards on the more forgiving deadpools, marginal for DDP as well given his scriptwriting work for kids television.

Nowhere near DL standards of fame, mind.

On 21/01/2017 at 15:43, leonde said:

whoisbigger.com has a ranking of the most famous people who have ever lived, by order of significance. It of course aims to be objective as possible - whether it is or not is another matter. 

My list of still living people by birth year, ordered by "significance" within each year:

Boris Pahor

Reinhard Hardegen

Norman Lloyd

Irwin Corey

Aharon Leib Shteinman (birth also listed as 1912)

Gretel Bergmann

David Rockefeller

Herman Wouk

Patricia Morison

Kirk Douglas

Bernard Lewis

Olivia de Havilland

Beverly Cleary

I. M. Pei

Vera Lynn

Danielle Darrieux

Earl Cameron (actor)

Diana Athill

Charles E. Lindblom

Billy Graham

Bobby Doerr

Frank Popper

Hutton Gibson

Dave Bartholomew

Brenda Milner

Diana Serra Cary

Peter Carington, 6th Baron Carrington

Anne Cox Chambers

Arjan Singh

Dina Wadia

Javier Pérez de Cuéllar

Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao

Clarissa Eden, Countess of Avon

Ehsan Yarshater

Alicia Alonso

Edmond H. Fischer

A. E. Hotchner

Albert Memmi

Armin Hofmann

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Michael of Romania

Carol Channing

Jake LaMotta

Aaron Temkin Beck

Peter Sallis

Allan MacEachen

Al Jaffee

Francisco Morales Bermúdez

Bill Gold

Edgar Morin

Asghar Khan

Françoise Gilot

Ernest Angley

Clifton James

Aldo Parisot

Stan Lee

Betty White

Dilip Kumar

Chen Ning Yang

Ernest Hollings

Carl Reiner

Pierre Cardin

Denis Norden

Henry Kissinger

Bob Dole

Chuck Yeager

Bob Barker

Freeman Dyson

Franco Zeffirelli

Ara Parseghian

George H. W. Bush

Jimmy Carter

Robert Mugabe

Doris Day (birth also listed as 1922)

Atal Bihari Vajpayee

Charles Aznavour

Gloria Vanderbilt

Eva Marie Saint

Daniel Akaka

Daniel arap Moi

Christopher Tolkien

Leslie Phillips

Doug Ellis

Barbara Bush

Angela Lansbury

Dick Van Dyke

Albert Bandura

Giorgio Napolitano

Brian Aldiss

Honor Blackman

Elizabeth II

Chuck Berry

Alan Greenspan

Hugh Hefner

Jerry Lewis

David Attenborough

Cloris Leachman

Pope Benedict XVI

Edwin Edwards

David Dinkins

Hosni Mubarak

Burt Bacharach

Ennio Morricone

Fats Domino

Bob Cousy

Fidel V. Ramos

Adam West

Bruce Forsyth

Arjan Singh, Marshal of the Indian Air Force, has died aged 98 - listed here for notable births of 1919. I've also updated the list with those who've already died.

Edit: Daily Mail obituary.

• Like 1

Tessa Jowell Has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer.

How terrible

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Tessa Jowell Has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer.

How terrible

Some will celebrate this and others be totally mortified

Me, I'm looking for a third way!