Sir Creep

ALS/MND/other degenerative diseases

On 05/04/2022 at 17:18, arghton said:

Picture of Augie Nieto from february:

FLv-mu_VEAEhlkX.jpg.fc223572787a367c40e6b9342abfaf91.jpg

Sadly he seems to have deteriorated pretty fastly. 

Augie Nieto, popular deathpool pick, reportedly dead: https://www.ocbj.com/newsletter-feed/life-fitness-augies-quest-founder-augie-nieto-dies/ and https://www.clubindustry.com/industry-news/augie-nieto-life-fitness-co-founder-and-als-fighter-dies

DDP pick, needless to add.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I wonder if an Obit will come? Seems big enough for Yahoo and/or the Daily Mail wires. 

On 06/12/2022 at 19:43, arghton said:

Antero Laukkanen was at the Independence day reception today. Now wheelchairbound and looks frail.

Finnish politician Antero Laukkanen makes one last appearance at parliament, short of breath with what seems to be a mobility scooter next to his chair but still able to talk quite clearly.

Another politician with ALS is Torao Tokuda, had it for around a decade now if he hasn't died off-radar sometime recently.

• Like 1

Steph Houghton was given the Freedom of Sunderland today but her husband Stephen Darby wasn’t there to see his wife get that through some of his family were they. So obviously not well enough to travel to Sunderland even for such a big occasion.

• Like 2

Bill Oesterle, a founder and the longtime chief executive of the popular home improvement review website Angie’s List and a former player in Indiana Republican politics, died on Wednesday at his home in Indianapolis. He was 57.

His assistant said the cause was complications of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.

SC

William (Bill) Brandt, a pioneer in the corporate restructuring business and Democratic activist close to Bill Clinton, has died. He was 73. Brandt was diagnosed with ALS in March 2022.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/obituaries/2023/5/31/23530312/william-brandt-dies-obituary-democrat-corporate-restructuring-pioneer-chicago-loyola

• Like 1

Steph Houghton has posted recent pics of Stephen Darby and he looks quite well considering his condition and time since diagnosis. (He announced it September 2018). He was with her at a wedding and can still stand for photos and without needing anymore assistance than maybe holding someone’s hand. 

11 minutes ago, Evil Grimace said:

Another update on Rob Burrow.

At a Father's Day fun run with his children who push him over

Little bastards

• Haha 10

He's wasting away in the "better to be dead" kind of way that Joost Van Der Westhuizen also did. For some reason, these people can still go outside and more or less participate in things.

There's also the kind of "bedridden and begging to die" kind of case that Steve McMichael has to suffer through.

And there's the "looking stable but organs damaged, so need a ventilator" category that is/was represented by Noel Conway.

I don't know if one can do an analysis on these types for our purposes, but I guess one conclusion is, that I'd rather have none of them.

• Like 7

On 01/03/2018 at 03:04, Heef said:

Verhousky was a last minute addition. I was keen on Bjorn Formosa. He didn't meet the required threshold though. I don't think Verhousky will obit, even if he dies. Suffering from COPD.

Reports that Malta ALS activist Bjorn Formosa is suffering from a very serious lung infection.

Beatle Bob  who was a well known figure in the St Louis, Missouri music scene has died aged 70 from complications of ALS after being diagnosed in February last year

On 20/06/2023 at 16:15, gcreptile said:

He's wasting away in the "better to be dead" kind of way that Joost Van Der Westhuizen also did. For some reason, these people can still go outside and more or less participate in things.

There's also the kind of "bedridden and begging to die" kind of case that Steve McMichael has to suffer through.

And there's the "looking stable but organs damaged, so need a ventilator" category that is/was represented by Noel Conway.

I don't know if one can do an analysis on these types for our purposes, but I guess one conclusion is, that I'd rather have none of them.

My father who is a passionate biker said if he gets ALS he will just crash his bike into a brick wall at 100 mph.

• Shocked 1

On 26/03/2021 at 16:04, arghton said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxOYadMoVZ/

Tempt One, graffiti artist who has had ALS since 2003 auctioning his art to pay hospital bills.

He's been mentioned on this forum a few times and I'm suprised he's still alive. According to another instagram post he now spends all of his time in a hospital bed and communicates through an eye writer tool he also uses to create art.

Perennial ALS sufferer and graffiti artist (who was already unable to move at all, excluding his famous eyes, and permanently on ventilator in 2009) Tony Quan aka. Tempt One, dead at 54.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, arghton said:

Perennial ALS sufferer and graffiti artist (who was already unable to move at all, excluding his famous eyes, and permanently on ventilator in 2009) Tony Quan aka. Tempt One, dead at 54.

Last picked on the DDP in 2015.

• Like 2

Rob Burrow is at NTA Awards tonight.

• Sad 1

Stephen Darby update at the 5-year-mark:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12512925/Liverpool-Stephen-Darby-Steph-Houghton-MND.html

Still very positive. And he was only 29 when diagnosed, so, extremely young. The younger you are, the slower MND seems to move.

• Like 2