Joey Russ

Who Should Be On The 2018 Deathlist?

Richard Chamberlain was born in 1934.

18 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

It's Godard with one d, and Jean-Luc is one word, and it's Gena not Gene Rowlands.

Also, we can mention these names as well:

Ross Perot

Stephen Sondheim

Bloody spell check.

How about Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes and Courtney Love?

Enough of the same old nonagerians who clog the list for no particular reason other than their advanced age, and let's focus on people with actual health/mental issues and who have become a total mess. I mean I doubt someone like Bynes will live for long in the awful state she's in. Another person in a similar mental state who is worthy of consideration is Sinead O'Connor.

I remember a joke Betty White made at the Shatner roast where she took a long look at Artie Lange and said:

"It's nice looking at Artie Lange, knowing that I will outlive him".

Which reminds me of Artie Lange, he's a fat slob who cheated death multiple times and had surgery recently. The Committee already missed another young, obese comedian who died last month (Ralphie May), so why not?

We need creativity, people!

bbb-lindsaylohan.jpg

130708amanda-bynes1.jpg

courtney love.jpg

sinead-oconnor.jpg

howard-stern-sidekick-artie-lange-emergency-surgery-blames-drugs-pp-.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I say no to those above tbh. Those types of people are way too much of a risk to take. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to say, we're a few months off a decade I've spent lurking or posting on this forum. And right at the start of it, there was posts on here suggesting Lindsay Lohan for the Deathlist!

Pretty sure there'll be posts suggesting her for the Deathlist in another ten years time, providing we're all still here.

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I say no to those above tbh. Those types of people are way too much of a risk to take. 

So is a rando 80 yo who doesn't have any immediate illness. If I had to bet the house on someone to die in 2018 a bet on Artie Lange is more likely to pay off then say Clint Eastwood who could be here in 15-20 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Pretty sure there'll be posts suggesting her for the Deathlist in another ten years time, providing we're all still here.

Or that she's still there.

Liam Miller if he hangs on in there.

32 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, I like risk. 

Besides, you need to look at the big picture. Correctly predicting the death of youngsters like Amanda Bynes or Artie Lange is exactly the kind of achievement that will generate massive media attention for the website and the community as a whole, because one thing you will never, ever hear is: "Woah! did you see that? these guys TOTALLY predicted the death of 102-year old Herman Wouk! WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THAT!!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Daniella Westbrook Kenny Sansom Charlie Sheen Pete Doherty and Clarke Carlisle would also fit into the dangerously reckless/unstable.

• Thanks 2

Charlie Sheen might not be the worst pick with the abuse stories. Bynes is also doing much worse than Lohan.

• Like 1

Isn't the point of the list is to try to get the most hits and not to get the most trainwrecky picks though?

• Like 2

What about author Beverly Cleary?

Most known as the author of The Mouse and the Motorcycle and the Henry Huggins and Ramona Quimby series, she turns 102 in April.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

What about author Beverly Cleary?

Most known as the author of The Mouse and the Motorcycle and the Henry Huggins and Ramona Quimby series, she turns 102 in April.

Given we've just lost the one centenarian this year, and should be gaining another one unless Vera Lynn either dies this year or isn't on next year's list, I'd prefer keeping new centenarian additions to just the one more, to prevent too many of them. I like the suggestion of Cleary, so I'm seconding it for the new centenarian!

5 hours ago, RishCast said:

Given we've just lost the one centenarian this year, and should be gaining another one unless Vera Lynn either dies this year or isn't on next year's list, I'd prefer keeping new centenarian additions to just the one more, to prevent too many of them. I like the suggestion of Cleary, so I'm seconding it for the new centenarian!

If we really need a centenarian, in my view I.M. Pei would be a better pick. no idea why the committee refuse to consider him. although a few years ago, the committee with Oscar Niemeyer had also a 106-year-old comparable architect on the list.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 22:02, Joey Russ said:

Methinks it’s about time for Mel Brooks to make an appearance...

Not for next year. Was heavily promoting Young  Frankenstein musical London opening recently. Too healthy.

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Isn't the point of the list is to try to get the most hits and not to get the most trainwrecky picks though?

There is a balance to be struck. The names need to generate some posts othrwise we just sit here waiting for non neesworthy somebodies to drop off the pearch. Mix of ages, careers and nationalities. 

• Like 1

tbh I think they have the balance right this year? The legends, a bunch of doddery old folk people can vaguely remember, the odd shot in the dark, and a healthy bunch of tottering terminals. We could all argue for a few more of the latter, or obvious in hindsight frail old folk, but it's doing well.

• Like 2

Keep:

1.  Billy Graham

2.  Jimmy Carter

3.  Robert Mugabe

4.  Olivia De Havilland

5. George Bush sr.

6. Jill Gascoine

7. King Michael of Romania

8. Nobby Stiles

9. Kirk Douglas

10. Vera Lynn

11. Hosni Mubarak

12. Prince Philip

13. Valerie Harper

14. Lord Carrington

15. Herman Wouk

16. Stan Lee

17. Ian St. John

18. Honor Blackman

19. Pope Benedict

20. Bob Barker

21. Bob Dole

22. Javier Perez

23. Emperor Akihito

24. Leslie Philips

25. Betty White

New/Bring Back:

26. Tony Bennett

27. Stephen Hawking

28. Jaques Chriac

29. Dmitri Hvrostovsky

30. Joseph Jackson

31. Carol Channing

32. Salvatore Riina

33. Pierre Cardin

34. Sidney Poitier

35. Doris Day

36. James Randi

37. Dick van Dyke

38. Harry Belafonte

39. Charlotte Rae

40. Fernando Ricksen

41. Charles Aznavour

42. Stefan Karl Stefansson

43. Olivia Newton John

44. Charles Manson

45. John McCain

46. Johnny Hallyday

47. Carl Reiner

48. Stephan Hillenbourg

49. Prunella Scales

50. Jerry Maren

Probabably we will have two more deads until yearend. In this case comittee could still consider I.M. Pei and Valery Giscard Destaing.

• Like 1

Hvorotosky doesn’t look like a deathlist pick from the above tbh...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Hvorotosky doesn’t look like a deathlist pick from the above tbh...

why not? He is the greatest Baritone of this era and DL-commitee should normally know that too.

• Like 1

IMO It makes no sense putting Chirac and leaving Giscard d'Estaing who is:

1- older

2- more known globally for his involvment with the whole idea of the EU

Either they choose them both or leave them both. I strongly prefer the former. It's like putting Bush but not Carter.

Which brings me to a question for the forum veterans: Was Mitterand a hit for the Deathlist?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

1- older

Either they choose them both or leave them both. I strongly prefer the former. It's like putting Bush but not Carter.

Which brings me to a question for the forum veterans: Was Mitterand a hit for the Deathlist?

Yes. Miterrand was one of totally 7 hits in 1996.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

1- older

Well, Chirac is much more ill than Giscard D’Estaing, which is why people want Chirac back...

• Like 1