Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

You can check yourself, because we've just had our soft opening - picks and teams are now live. Front page update to come tomorrow, when I've settled on a 2018 logo.

• Like 10

Oh my god...*flaps hands and runs in circles*

• Haha 2

Please send any thanks and congrats to @themaninblack, his patience as I stumbled through the process like the lad from Pitfall was saintly.

• Like 4

Ha, Leah is actually Number 1 On the drop 40 this year. A first that a cancer sufferer lead? Also, I actually got a unique when the age of unique picks has supposedly ended, but will she actually score me points? We’ll have to wait and see. Also, thank you for commenting that I had one of the greatest debuts of all time, I’m hoping for improvement, but honestly I’m fine wherever I place this year. Most of all, thanks to both you and themaninblack for setting this up. It wouldn’t be possible without any of you. :) 

Ha! The Pelican DID pick Hector Timerman. I should have kept Patrick Cryne in that slot.

Glad to see The B-Team continuing the unique streak with Dawn Wilson.

Even Nevin and Ricketts are in the Drop 40, blimey. The influence of the 2017 top teams on next year's 40 is strong.

Damn you, Awarded Oscarites! I was so close to a perfect 20 out of 20 unique picks for my stupid theme team. :lol:

I am astounded, both that I got a unique pick (Carl Piddington - Bill Tarmey's son) and that half my team made the Drop 40.

Sandy Briden died before the start apparently, so no point for Dave’s Dead Aye Dead Drunk...

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ok I thought this might happen @Spade_Cooley and @themaninblack.

My Mick Jones in Hits of 36 Years Ago and Hits Today is the guitarist from Foreigner - this chap https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Jones_(Foreigner_guitarist) rather than the footballer. Hope this is ok.

Yeah, there may well be one or two (or five) errors that need rectifying, I will change that for you asap.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

You can check yourself, because we've just had our soft opening - picks and teams are now live. Front page update to come tomorrow, when I've settled on a 2018 logo.

Awesome Spade :clap:

No Diana Rots and no Crossing The Styx. Bucket of Blood adequately strong. But he fell for Ami Brown.

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

Yeah, there may well be one or two (or five) errors that need rectifying, I will change that for you asap.

Cheers Spade, was worried he might get mixed up with the Clash guy actually, but definitely the Foreigner guy! :wub:

What a huge undertaking, sterling work to the pair of you, and hopefully I can start on the annual round-ups now we have a list of celebs.

4 uniques for my B-team, including Brian O'Connor which surprises me.

Although it should be 5, as the David Fisher picked by me is not the recently deceased scriptwriter whom Bibliogryphon picked, but rather this FFBI dude.

Regardless of that mistake, thanks for the update Spade, you've done a good job of it.

Surprises me Ted Mack was only on my B-Team and gcreptile's theme, given the amount of times I mentioned him on here.

Rae officially becomes my test of the 5-point cert maxim.

Pleased to see Shutts is unique, especially after he got (non-QO) BBC coverage late December - I knew about him for a couple months before. I was worried that the team that took Spade's Brokenshire unique would've had him as well. (yes, I see Shutts as the Laurie Brokenshire of 2018...)

George von Tiesenhausen is my space team's only unique. Now I see a big reason why - there's a second space theme!

Also a big Thank You! from me.

My theme team Ice Dancing is showing under the name I Hope You Had The Time of Your Life.

Surprised at the number of drop 40 picks I have in my main team, though I'm happy to see Elias and Vervroot made the list!

Thank you Spade and TMIB!

Phew, Efraín Ríos Montt is a unique after all. Would be kicking myself if he wasn't.

Rather surprised that Rae didn't make the Drop 40. Oh well.

On 1/3/2018 at 09:29, Grim Up North said:

When I picked my team I think I might have been way over optimistic with who would get in the Drop 40 - I reckoned 12 of my team as follows:- Liam Miller, Linda Nolan, John McCain, Nobby Stiles, Patrick Cryne, Leah Bracknell, Rayya Elias, Vanessa Goodwin, Stefan Karl, Tessa Jowell, Greg Gilbert and Dean Francis.

On my B team I can add Ami Brown to the above list.

Now I'm thinking maybe only 6 or 7 of them plus possibly Vervoort who I didn't think would originally.

That's messing up my maths!

Turns out in my teams 12 did get Drop 40 in both teams plus Gabriele Grunewald was a unique pick. Although got two wrong,  Dean Francis and Vanessa Goodwin didn't  but Marieke Vervoort and Simon Ricketts did.

Won't matter a toss if they don't die of course!

9 minutes ago, CastAway said:

My theme team Ice Dancing is showing under the name I Hope You Had The Time of Your Life.

Fixed this, should have realised you weren't a hockey theme team...

Just noticed Banshees isn't in this year. Quite a few of the teams that were contenders when I started DDPing have bowed out now, even if some like Spade are temp ones.

Noticed my B Team stole two uniques. I stole Thuy Thanh Truong from gcreptile’s main team and I also stole Nobuhiko Obayashi from Death Impends B Team. Only got 4 uniques on there, and it’s possible only one of them might actually die (Pickens imo)...

4 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Just noticed Banshees isn't in this year. Quite a few of the teams that were contenders when I started DDPing have bowed out now, even if some like Spade are temp ones.

Goodness. Has he changed his team name again instead?