Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Would Wilko Johnson count? I thought about it, but I'm not sure...

Sometimes people are actually ill, but are lucky to survive. I would count John Wicks among them.

One might replace him with Shannen Doherty? I always thought she exaggerated.

Harlan Ellison, classic old school deadpool attention-whoring.

• Like 1

Ritchii Kara...

If B Teams are going down the way of the dinosaurs next year, I might do a theme team based around fraudsters/exaggeraters/poor picks that people fell for next year. That would be a golden team to see next year tbh, even if I don’t expect any hits on that team...

Can you give us a guestimate on when the first DDP update may come into fruition? Don't worry, you can take as long as you need...

Patience, Joey!!!

For the record, Spade did say 2nd week of January, though past precedent is circa the 13th-17th January, and we do have a new host.

In short, patience! Before long, you'll have all the teams up to play about with for the whole rest of the year.

• Like 3

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:20, msc said:

Patience, Joey!!!

For the record, Spade did say 2nd week of January, though past precedent is circa the 13th-17th January, and we do have a new host.

In short, patience! Before long, you'll have all the teams up to play about with for the whole rest of the year.

Respect either way; there are paid jobs demanding much less than managing the DDP over a year

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Respect either way; there are paid jobs demanding much less than managing the DDP over a year

So true - some very well paid jobs too! 

On 1/9/2018 at 01:20, msc said:

Whilst it would suck all the fun out of competing if you wanted to adopt the Sky Cycling approach to Dead Pooling and go for marginal gains then you would not spend any time on looking at the 2018 teams and activity as the die is cast. A true Death List professional would spend all their time researching for next year as this year's result is already decided as far as the contestants can influence the result.

• Like 1

Grim for 1st and 2nd place in the DDP, most likely. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2018 at 18:35, gcreptile said:

Next year I'm going to submit a C-Team. It will be full of cancer mums and Australians.

:D I only just got the Australian leg of this joke!

59 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

GUN to be DDP champ by 2020? 

52 minutes ago, msc said:

Grim for 1st and 2nd place in the DDP, most likely. B)

:blush:

First page update. Noice!

Edit: Just realised I got a mention. :wub::o

• Like 2

Seems like the masses have spoken, and they are certainly correct and I wrong.  
Surely I looked at Bobby Zarin and wrote his name down, but a quick look and if that Daily Mail don't come through you can forget about a QO.  I crossed him off pretty early on as an unlikelihood of getting a QO, and without a finger on the pulse of UK media, I'm apparently wrong.  What's new?

Guess we will see soon enough, he won't see Easter.
SC

57 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Seems like the masses have spoken, and they are certainly correct and I wrong.  
Surely I looked at Bobby Zarin and wrote his name down, but a quick look and if that Daily Mail don't come through you can forget about a QO.  I crossed him off pretty early on as an unlikelihood of getting a QO, and without a finger on the pulse of UK media, I'm apparently wrong.  What's new?

Guess we will see soon enough, he won't see Easter.
SC

Keep in mind that although DM is in the UK they aim for clickbait hits in the USA,reality stars from the Us market always feature in stories on their site. And for the most part if people magazine  run an obit on someone from  a reality show they swoop in with the lazy copy and paste of their article.

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

GUN to be DDP champ by 2020? 

I have a feeling that I very much have to sneak a DDP win in there this year or next, if I ever want to get it.

See also my congratulatory message to GUN in the Hare's Deadpool thread.

I see Falkholt was overlooked by many major competitors. Why?

2 minutes ago, drol said:

I can't speak for the major competitors, but I didn't pick her for the main team because I was burned on a similar pick last year, and the doctors sounded positive talking about "months of recovery ahead of her" at 1pm Hogmanay! My gut feeling at the time, which I successfully ignored, was that no one was surviving that crash, hence her appearance on my Deathrace team submitted on Boxing Day itself.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Not that I would describe myself as a 'major competitor', but I didn't pick her mainly because she was too obscure for me.  I've never watched any of the Aussie soaps, but if she had been a long-standing cast member I would have considered it.  But she had only been in a few episodes.  Plus the outcome was far from certain at the time.

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Well, those types of picks always seem to be hit or miss. There were already reports of her potentially being on life support for months, which means she could have easily recovered from it like Schumacher or Holmlund (though I probably would’ve picked Garner if she made the new year). However, picking Holmlund turned out to be a good punt pick...

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not that I would describe myself as a 'major competitor', but I didn't pick her mainly because she was too obscure for me.  I've never watched any of the Aussie soaps, but if she had been a long-standing cast member I would have considered it.  But she had only been in a few episodes.  Plus the outcome was far from certain at the time.

Ah but you have your own forum achievement:

1. Bert

2. Spade

3. Chorizo

4. DDT

5. DI

6. Sir Creep (joint)

7. Drunkasaskunk

8. OoO

9. Toast

10. possibly Ali in 2007 or Banshees in 2009?

The very short list of active Deathlisters who have led the DDP at any point!

(Cue "you forgot me" within 5 posts...)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Ah but you have your own forum achievement:

1. Bert

2. Spade

3. Chorizo

4. DDT

5. DI

6. Sir Creep (joint)

7. Drunkasaskunk

8. OoO

9. Toast

10. possibly Ali in 2007 or Banshees in 2009?

The very short list of active Deathlisters who have led the DDP at any point!

(Cue "you forgot me" within 5 posts...)

You forgot RadGuy, who led the DDP for a short while last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1