gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

14 hours ago, Heef said:

Not a patch on JR Hartley as far as the fly fishing world is concerned.

I actually (obviously) have no idea about fly fishing. I just copy/pasted the catchiest bit from the obituary.

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I actually (obviously) have no idea about fly fishing. I just copy/pasted the catchiest bit from the obituary.

It was a famous series of adverts. iirc they ran into the late 90s until the actor died? He was very old.

I just thought I'd been Mandela Effected by that advert because I swear I remember it coming on TV for the first time even though I was less than one in 1983, but apparently the second version of the ad did come on TV in 1991. 

Don't remember this one though:

• Like 1

Welsh actress Beth Morris has died at 68 .    The site is not allowing me to post a link though I'm afraid for some reason . 

Forget it.Someone has already posted it anyway

Abu Zarin Husain at 33, a snake charming firefighter from Malaysia.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysias-snake-whisperer-firefighter-dies-after-cobra-bite

Might have made some lists as was tipped up by The Metro last year...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/04/21/snake-whisperer-ends-up-in-hospital-with-horrendous-injury-6588944/amp/

• Like 1

On 14/03/2018 at 21:24, YoungWillz said:

Heard an interview this morning by Dotun Adebayu with Howard Jones.

Couple of titbits, one by each of them.

Jones - afrodiziac were at Live Aid to sing on his second song, but the song was scrapped and they didn't get on stage.

Dotun - she moved out her house a couple of weeks ago to look after a mutual friend who's dying with cancer. White, female, Vivienne, reggae promoter ...... :sherlock:

• Like 1

^^^ figured it out, but as I'm still in the Cup, shtum is the word.

• Like 2

(No WTC or 9/11 or Sept 11 thread??)

New York City firefighter Thomas Phelan, who evacuated hundreds of people from Manhattan during the 9/11 attacks while working as a ferry captain, died Friday.

Phelan, 45, died of cancer.   Phelan was working as a Statue of Liberty ferry captain on Sept. 11, 2001, when terrorists flew two jetliners into the World Trade Center. Phelan turned the boat into a rescue vehicle and played a key role in evacuating people stranded in Lower Manhattan.
SC

Buffy the Vampire Slayer cinematographer Michael Gershman has died aged 73

• Like 1

Keith O Brien the Cardinal and part time nonce has died after a fall yesterday. One day after turning 80.

Cirque du Soliel performer Yann Arnaud dies after a faaaaaaaaaaalllllll. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer cinematographer Michael Gershman has died aged 73

Except you shouldn't be linking to Deadline.  They are exactly the same as us.  You need a journalistic or social media source.

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Except you shouldn't be linking to Deadline.  They are exactly the same as us.  You need a journalistic or social media source.

There, another source. Happy now? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Vladyslav Voloshyn - blamed by Russia for downing a civilian jet - has now downed himself with a pistol: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43457694

Only took him 4 years after the crash to take care of business.  So on top of a shite pilot, he was a procrastinator. 

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Only took him 4 years after the crash to take care of business.  So on top of a shite pilot, he was a procrastinator. 

Hmm

Well Ronald Reagan's favourite joke involved a Russian guy blowing his mate out for an appointment about a year ahead because it clashed with having the emergency plumber round. 

Maye it took that long for Amazon to deliver the pistol!

On 19/3/2018 at 13:06, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep, if a site contains the word "dead" in his name it does not mean it's necessarily a deadpooling site.

Deadline is a Hollywood gossip site like TMZ, so everyone should be free to cite them. Thanks for your  comprehension.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drol said:

Sir Creep, if a site contains the word "dead" in his name it does not mean it's necessarily a deadpooling site.

Deadline is a Hollywood gossip site like TMZ, so everyone should be free to cite them. Thanks for your  comprehension.

It may not be a deadpooling site in the strict sense, but it IS a deadpooling site minus the game of deadpooling, make no mistake. It is more of a death fanzine site.  I don't see it as a 'gossip' site or in any way like TMZ.  But your interpretation is noted.  And now so is mine.  If you (well, Joey et.al.) feel you are providing a proper source by linking to Deadline, by all means continue to do so.  
SC

It is? Adding Mira Sorvino, Donald Trump and Topher Grace, all in their main headlines just now, to my shortlist then.

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

It may not be a deadpooling site in the strict sense, but it IS a deadpooling site minus the game of deadpooling, make no mistake. It is more of a death fanzine site.  I don't see it as a 'gossip' site or in any way like TMZ.  But your interpretation is noted.  And now so is mine.  If you (well, Joey et.al.) feel you are providing a proper source by linking to Deadline, by all means continue to do so.  
SC

Deadline is a website that is used by many in the Film and TV industry with related stories (which would clearly include deaths), box office takings, business news etc etc. Not a deadpooling site. A story about the cast of Stranger Things on that website is likely to mention them signing new contracts, detail filming locations, show number of viewers on Netflix or give information on pay negotiations. Any deadpooling website would only be interested in whether any of the cast won’t be around for Series 3!!

Lees snowball and macaroon boss, Klaus Nielson killed by a caramel log as a tree gets him at his house.

Dead at 80.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2393681/lees-snowball-macaroon-boss-klaus-perch-nielson-death-tree-inverness-home/