gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

22 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Was he even in Cheers? & was it as the same character?

As the video suggests, yes he was in cheers.  No, he wasn't the same caracter.

They had to retcon Frasier's back story for the spin off, as he had previously claimed not to have a brother and that his father was dead.

The latter was explained during Ted Danson's cameo in Frasier as being a throwaway comment made after having an argument with his dad on the phone.   I can't remember if they addressed the claims to be an only child.

Interestingly (okay, that's subjective) Kirstie Alley is the only member of the main Cheers cast not to cameo in Frasier.  Not because of any bad blood; she refused the offer because as a scientologist she cannot be seen to endorse psychiatry.

• Like 4

We have a Suicide thread FYI.  For suicides.

16 hours ago, RestInPieces said:

Football Liam Miller dies aged 36

Big if true.

• Haha 2

'twas a joke silly.  But I got the response I sought

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Creep said:

'twas a joke silly.  But I got the response I sought

I assumed it probably was, but given your previous history of Dunn-inducing posts, I was willing to risk it in order to post that marvelous Charlie Brown 'augh' video.

Here it is again, let's all bask in its glory:

15 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

What are you sceaming for. You have just virtually guarenteed your place in the next round of the cup and Jose Jose isn't dead yet?

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

What are you sceaming for. You have just virtually guarenteed your place in the next round of the cup and Jose Jose isn't dead yet?

Was screaming cuz (I thought) SC was posting news that had already been known for a day.

And hey, I'm not counting you out. Most of your team are uniques, I'm not safe at all. Jose seems to be recovering again, according to his family, so he could last till March. 

• Thanks 1

Today Vic Damone has died and his death was reported on BBC TV News. If you'd listened to me you'd have another 'hit' on your list.

I'd just like to mention that on August 12, 2017 in a thread titled "Ideas And Possibilities For 2018", I posted the following but was ignored -

Some ideas -
Liza Minnelli - Unhealthy alcoholic.
Ken Clarke - Unhealthy looking, overweight politician
Vic Damone - 89 year old singer, stroke / wife died a few months ago (a UK no 1 hit so quite famous)
Dennis Waterman - Sweeney/Minder actor - Looks pretty rough for his age
Jeremy Clarkson - In hospital wth pneumonia
Dionne Warwick - Ageing singer

Vic Damone, renowned American crooner, dies aged 89  - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/12/vic-damone-singer-actor-dies-89

9 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Today Vic Damone has died and his death was reported on BBC TV News. If you'd listened to me you'd have another 'hit' on your list.

I'd just like to mention that on August 12, 2017 in a thread titled "Ideas And Possibilities For 2018", I posted the following but was ignored -

Some ideas -
Vic Damone - 89 year old singer, stroke / wife died a few months ago (a UK no 1 hit so quite famous)

Vic Damone, renowned American crooner, dies aged 89  - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/12/vic-damone-singer-actor-dies-89

Not necessarily - they might have gone for Vic instead of Mark E. Smith (or any of the hits still to come).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Some ideas -

And 5 misses.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Some ideas -

Tit.

46 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Some ideas -

Excellent, you guessed correctly the death of someone famous. Gee whiz. What a novelty on deathlist.net. Congratuwelldone. :clap:

If I may also just add, you've got 1 hit out of 6 there. That's an accuracy rate of 16%. So, in a list of 50, you'd statistically manage about 8. Only 3 years in the last 25 have had an accuracy rate of that or less. Poor.

Are you glad you piped up now?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Some ideas -

Another fucking expert after the event. 

• Like 4

On 12/02/2018 at 21:51, Snakeman said:

Aye and so did Mr Blobby

Who's creator Charlie Adams died August 2013.

Did a search but could find him mentioned.

The guy in the suit, Barry Killerby, is still about.

You see, I just saw news that the former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad was hospitalized with chest infection. He had already suffered other stops in 1989 and 2007

Mahathir (born July 10, 1925), with 92 years, “is being treated in the general ward for chest infection following a bout of cough”, the National Heart Institute said in a statement.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/2132843/malaysias-ex-pm-mahathir-hospital-chest-infection

Although I must praise this gentleman. Starting with his longevity (and also his wife's); even more than he is impressive the vitality that he has, even about to turn 93 years old. 

After all, it is not all in Malaysia that reach this advanced age