Jump to content
Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

Recommended Posts

Kyle Sandilands, prominent Australian Radio host, apparently a walking heart attack, now that several media outlets have pre-written his obituary and he's on a lot of tablets:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6349289/Kyle-Sandilands-insists-hes-good-health-says-media-written-obituary.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former President of Honduras Roberto Suazo Cordova (b. 1927) looks very frail. In January he lost his son Bayron, who died of a sudden heart attack, and in September his other son Carlos followed, again for a heart attack. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, drol said:

Former President of Honduras Roberto Suazo Cordova (b. 1927) looks very frail. In January he lost his son Bayron, who died of a sudden heart attack, and in September his other son Carlos followed, again for a heart attack. 

Sounds like the mother had bad heart DNA, seeing as it hasn't affected him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Sounds like the mother had bad heart DNA, seeing as it hasn't affected him.

 


Not how genetics necessarily work. Could have just as easily inherited a gene from their father's side that skips a generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 8 weeks from midnight tomorrow and we get to see the names that the committee have provided for Deathlist 2019. I am starting to work on my shadow list. I did a provisional one in early September which I posted on this forum page but have changed it several times since then and I am sure I will several more times throughout this month and next. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a good possibility is operatic singer and actress, Mary Costa, who most famously voiced Princess Aurora in Disney's 'Sleeping Beauty'? She's 88 years old and retired from replying to fan mail personally two years ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 08:35, Phantom said:

Vera Ramone King, 1st wife of Dee Dee Ramone to be admitted to undergo brain surgery.

 

 

2018-10-31 08.32.57.png

Surgery went well, and Vera is said to be comfortable after surgery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think she's known to be ill with anything specifically, but Marianne Faithfull is almost 72 years old, and just released an album where she talks about things like dying a good death. Given her various health concerns over the years, she could be a good pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigBB said:

I don't think she's known to be ill with anything specifically, but Marianne Faithfull is almost 72 years old, and just released an album where she talks about things like dying a good death. Given her various health concerns over the years, she could be a good pick.

 

It's not about her.  She has lost some close friends in the last couple of years.

 

"Then came the deaths of best friends. Martin Stone, Faithfull’s regular guitarist and a well-regarded antiquarian bookseller, died in November 2016. “He was having a very hard death indeed. Cancer. He really didn’t want to die.” The following June, Faithfull’s best friend, Anita Pallenberg, died too. My first encounter with Faithfull was an interview about Pallenberg for the Observer’s 2017 end-of-year obituary special: they used to speak by phone every day, she said then, and still missed her profoundly. “But Anita had a very good death, actually,” she says today. “She just went away. I don’t talk about her with friends now. That’s done. She’s gone.”

Negative Capability includes songs for both of them: Don’t Go, for Martin, and Born to Live for Anita. “Blues stay away, stay away from me,” goes the latter. “I hate to lose old friends/Blues are my enemy.”

Does writing help her? “It doesn’t help me! What is this? Fucking therapy? I wrote a song for Anita because I loved Anita. I wrote a song for Martin because I loved Martin. I do not write things to help myself.”

 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/sep/22/marianne-faithfull-interview-negative-capability-album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She'll probably die of catharsis...fnah fnah...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Please, if possible I would like you to put the former first lady of the Philippines, Imelda Marcos, on the 2019 list. Next year she turns 90 and, judging by this photo, I believe she will not live longer than that.

2014-11-08T224519Z_43813516_GM1EAB90INA01_RTRMADP_3_PHILIPPINES-TYPHOON.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2018 at 18:03, Toast said:

 

It's not about her.  She has lost some close friends in the last couple of years.

 

"Then came the deaths of best friends. Martin Stone, Faithfull’s regular guitarist and a well-regarded antiquarian bookseller, died in November 2016. “He was having a very hard death indeed. Cancer. He really didn’t want to die.” The following June, Faithfull’s best friend, Anita Pallenberg, died too. My first encounter with Faithfull was an interview about Pallenberg for the Observer’s 2017 end-of-year obituary special: they used to speak by phone every day, she said then, and still missed her profoundly. “But Anita had a very good death, actually,” she says today. “She just went away. I don’t talk about her with friends now. That’s done. She’s gone.”

Negative Capability includes songs for both of them: Don’t Go, for Martin, and Born to Live for Anita. “Blues stay away, stay away from me,” goes the latter. “I hate to lose old friends/Blues are my enemy.”

Does writing help her? “It doesn’t help me! What is this? Fucking therapy? I wrote a song for Anita because I loved Anita. I wrote a song for Martin because I loved Martin. I do not write things to help myself.”

 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/sep/22/marianne-faithfull-interview-negative-capability-album

 

Yeah, no doubt she was ostensibly singing about other people. But these people were the same age as her, and I presume living a similar lifestyle with the substance abuse. I can't see that she was not also thinking about her own mortality when she came up with some of that new music. And even if she wasn't, it seems worth a consideration. I mean, it's just kind of lame when the DL is nothing but people who are 100 years old or known to have cancer. I'm trying to predict someone whose time may not be too long even though there's no official reason to think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Former Eastenders actress Mona Hammond who played Blossom Jackson from 1994 to 1997 and again in 2010 will be 84 next year. Perhaps someone to consider?

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Hammond

Yes, brilliant.

Lets consider all vaguely famous 84 year olds with no apparent health issues pushing them towards the Pearly Gates.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Dennis Brock is 99 and Britain's oldest bellringer. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/oldest-bellringer-has-kept-up-the-peal-for-87-years-fm7bkx9ms

 

Does he ap-peal to you for 2019? Or are you at the end of your rope with suggestions?

Name rings a bell, but he could just be a dead ringer for someone else.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Dennis Brock is 99 and Britain's oldest bellringer. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/oldest-bellringer-has-kept-up-the-peal-for-87-years-fm7bkx9ms

 

Does he ap-peal to you for 2019? Or are you at the end of your rope with suggestions?

 

I hope this old grandsire continues to dodge the inevitable for a few more rounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Katherine Jackson next year if she is still Alive then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to think of a bell ringing pun. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Jason perhaps? He didn't look great on the Pride of Britain awards last week, although he may be one for 2020 as he is still relatively active 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use