Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

2 hours ago, msc said:

Both Round 2 teams from that game in, now if one of you could score in the first round, ta?

Also an editorial note.  As I may be busy this week, at this point on: if you submit a DQ'd pick under FFBI only rules, I'll just sub them with your first sub.

Given the lax fame rules AND obit rules, only fair, imo.

Disallowed so far

-          People Who have died already ie Rev Billy Graham

-          Terminally ill mums with no other claim to fame ie Kate Ann thingymyjig from the papers today

-          Kids ie folk under the age of 18

-          Father in laws of fringe celebrities ie Kevin mcAllister

-          Hairdressers ie I forget his name, he was Australian

-          Rabbis with no real fame bar illness

-          Her who runs the Women in Football thing.

Hey! Rachel Cowan actually started some initiative or something. And Derek Elvy got accepted for the Hare's! But I thought my team would do well enough without them so I didn't argue and well, they are still alive and were both in the press last month...so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, may I nominate some new subs just in case? I think I'm down at least two after Scott Westgarth.

Go ahead.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

I am fucked I reckon.

'If' I get past Mary, I've did 10 minutes research, the rest is just names from shortish list afore start of the year, so you're well in.

Just holding off team re VerVoort.

I just pm'd my team to msc for March. 

Good luck msc or wormfarmer.

^ I've seen the team.

#prayformsc(orwormfarmer)

:lol:

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2018 at 00:03, msc said:

JoeyRuss – (Crider, Degermendzhy, Goodwin, Lajmi, Lynott, Moss, Obayashi, P’orridge, Radio M, dekoven, Mack)

Well without knowing how Jean of Luxembourg is doing I guess it's high time I started trying to find out who the fuck all these people are that Joey thinks are going to die.

Think the last few names are maybe his morning routine by mistake?

• Haha 3

Sent out reminders to the one or two teams left without Round 2 teams (though I expect most of them to come in tomorrow, just being polite...).

The Round 2 masterlist needs to wait till close to the deadline due to the number of close ties, so might be a wee bit after midnight on Thursday morning.

36 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Going Going GUN round 2 team in

Good luck then Grim. I’m sure you won’t need it...

And Marieke Vervoort has 25 and 1/2 hours to live to see 1st March in Belgium.

She's injecting the needle AS WE SPEAK.

• Like 1

Team in,  nothing to do now but troll the site looking for a replacement player here or there cuz frankly my team sux.
Best of luck gcreptile.  And to your picks, that they live long and prosper.

SC

10 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Not if Jean of Luxembourg dies tomorrow I won't!

I just hope you keep selling his to everyone for March.

Edit: msc I’ve got his name in my initial Cup short list and just researched him two days ago.  No idea why I typed that pronoun :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I just hope you keep selling her to everyone for March.

image.thumb.png.3aa64af6f15861dbaee6a0db6ebf36d1.png

He's a he! Currently the oldest living leader of a European country.

On 2/26/2018 at 12:37, gcreptile said:

Hey! Rachel Cowan actually started some initiative or something. And Derek Elvy got accepted for the Hare's! But I thought my team would do well enough without them so I didn't argue and well, they are still alive and were both in the press last month...so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, may I nominate some new subs just in case? I think I'm down at least two after Scott Westgarth.

Don't know if you need my permission, but you have it.  As far as I'm concerned you can make whatever wholesale changes you like so long as time stamped 11:59pm or earlier.  Yeah I had TWO on my list I started 6 days ago drop dead, Westgarth of course being one.  I had 4 ringers, now I have 2, maybe.  I loved my team 48 hours ago, today not so much lol.
SC

Submitted a squad, named "Tippecanoe and Die-ler Too" to continue the William Henry Harrison name theme I had goin' last year. Kept it largely conventional, though still snuck in a couple of off-site names.

Good luck Heef.

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Don't know if you need my permission, but you have it.  As far as I'm concerned you can make whatever wholesale changes you like so long as time stamped 11:59pm or earlier.  Yeah I had TWO on my list I started 6 days ago drop dead, Westgarth of course being one.  I had 4 ringers, now I have 2, maybe.  I loved my team 48 hours ago, today not so much lol.
SC

I thought once you entered that was it?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Team in,  nothing to do now but troll the site looking for a replacement player here or there cuz frankly my team sux.
Best of luck gcreptile.  And to your picks, that they live long and prosper.

SC

I'm starting to believe that I will advance. Good luck to you as well.

FINAL MOMENTS: From Thistle Wanderers United's Ground:

There's snow on the pitch, hampering the players from scoring, just as they have done all game. It's been end to end, but not the end for any player on any team. Will hypothermia finish anyone off in the dying seconds? Will the ref survive a dangerous coin toss through the air? Can either manager actually be bothered going through another whole month of this?

• Haha 1

Looking forward to the big reveal tomorrow.

As I am snowed in and not at work been keeping my fingers crossed none of my 11 slip in the snow today (Although many aren't in the snow I suspect)

I've had eleven invites from my team members - all of them to parties celebrating the first of March!

• Haha 5

Only teams left to come in are Charon and DDT. Hopefully not randomly hit by weather.