Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

Death Impends (Hannigan, Vervoort, Jose, Goodwin, Anzaki, Da-Ren, Kennedy E, Martin D, Wouk, Vento, DeKoven)

Vs Heef (Stefansson, Vervoort, Goodwin, Hannigan, Carroll B, Grant W, Reid JR, Bracknell, Anzaki, Nash D, Verhousky)

Hmmm. 7 vs. 7.

I do hate it when 3 quarters of my back four ends up playing in the opposition defensive line as well. Good look with Hannigan in goal though. Terrible with goal kicks.

Interesting team from Heef with a few uniques on his side and none on mine. 4 shared names on both our sides so beyond that it's largely a conventional versus eclectic battle.

Only offsite picks are shared with Dead Cow. I had two more of his names on my shortlist as well, but had a feeling both might linger a couple months.

Verhousky was a last minute addition. I was keen on Bjorn Formosa. He didn't meet the required threshold though. I don't think Verhousky will obit, even if he dies. Suffering from COPD.

34 minutes ago, msc said:

^ I wouldn't worry about it, it happens.

Anyhow good luck deadsox. I upped my game slightly just because I feared losing 20-0 to the champ.... which is actually still possible given your side. :lol:

Good luck msc!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Heef said:

Verhousky was a last minute addition. I was keen on Bjorn Formosa. He didn't meet the required threshold though. I don't think Verhousky will obit, even if he dies. Suffering from COPD.

Looking Verhousky up I think being a former NFL player will muster up some local press when he goes despite his obscurity.

Dammitall to hell my steal Ernie Thacker and who else has him...my opponent!  That’s a wash.   (gcreptile saying the same thing)

anyone NOT have Vervoort?

1 hour ago, msc said:

Oh, and yes, Vervoort IS on every single bloody team!

She was one of my last two adds.  If the boxer hadn’t croaked and Orlando Cepeda has glowing reports of recovery, she’d have been OUT.

SC

What’s with deadsox having a team with 

‘Youngs Cocks Ripa di Meana Butts?’

Thats not even subliminal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Gcreptile (Hannigan, Vervoort, Thacker E, Jose, Dole, Wouk, Bolduc A, Tafoya A, D Kumar,  S Anzaki, Ahmed M)

Vs Sir Creep (DeKoven, DeHavilland, Hannigan, Vento, Shivakamura, Thacker E, Vervoort, Benson T, Jenkins B, Tajima, Tiwari ND)

Another 8-vs-8, both teams three players red carded.  Honestly, is this going to come down to Herman Wouk vs Olivia De Havilland?

Oh, and my immediate gut feeling for all rounds apart from my own:

1. Death Impends 

2. gcreptile 

3. Too close to call

4. Sean

5. DDT

6. Chorizo 

7. msc

No doubt I will be wrong in at least one case...

Oh

My 

GAWD!!!!!

So I post my team of 11 on Facebook for those who know I’m demented and accept me anyway lol.  My second cousin (she ran for Mayor of Seattle a couple election cycles back) sees my post and says “You know my friend Bernie [De Koven]???”

Holy shit.  I say no I just know his medical condition and he sounds like an incredible guy.  I mean wtf else can I say?  I’m waiting for her response and unfriending me lol.

SirC

Edit: Now if I were dedicated to winning this and crass enough I’d ask her to ask him how that lung cancer and spinal stenosis are coming along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Dammitall to hell my steal Ernie Thacker and who else has him...my opponent!  That’s a wash.   (gcreptile saying the same thing)

anyone NOT have Vervoort?

Yeah... my bluegrass mystery pick. Funny how that goes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:
Another 8-vs-8, both teams three players red carded.  Honestly, is this going to come down to Herman Wouk vs Olivia De Havilland?

You'd win based on age. An impressive feat with Olivia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By fuck it would.

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Oh, and my immediate gut feeling for all rounds apart from my own:

1. Death Impends 

2. gcreptile 

3. Too close to call

4. Sean

5. DDT

6. Chorizo 

7. msc

Another vote of confidence Joey! :lol:

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So in my round it's an Ayres, Stefansson, Lynott, Da-Ren, P-orridge, and McCain vs Brickhouse Brown, Obayashi, Tajima, Mack, Overton, and Stiles. Seeing as I'm the only one I went for Ayres, I reckon I fucked up there. But it'll certainly be an interesting match (I'd be quite annoyed if Obayashi dies this month)...

Yes as I imagined (and it was probably the same for you Joey) our match is actually the team I picked v the short listers I reluctantly rejected. McCain was my First Sub and P-Orridge third sub. Only Da-Ren was not on my radar.

It looks like you have the edge in the event of a draw. I couldn't resist throwing Tajima in after what I said about not choosing old picks last month.

Hopefully it will be a close high scoring match.

EDIT: Fu Da-Ren looks a worryingly good pick!!

9 hours ago, msc said:

Bloody hell!

The Penalty Shootout

Young WIllz (Heads) v Engineer (Tails)

-          Heads. YWillz leads 1-0

-          Tails. Engineer equalises.

-          Tails. Engineer leads 2-1.

-          Engineer needs one more to win.

-          Heads – The coin saves YWillz!

-          Next flip wins it for either.

-          The decider

-          Heads!

-          Young Willz wins the 50/50 Decider 3-2

-          Bad luck to Engineer. That’s the closest of of the three "shootouts" to date.

I'm a bit tense after that! :lol:

Commiserations to Maryport, Pedro, The Engineer, Wormfarmer, Yorkshire Banker, Spade Cooley, Garn, Biblio, Fixed Business, John Key, Deathray and Book. Better luck next year?

I have not scored in the two rounds of this game I have played. Everyone will want me to be their opponent in 2019.

• Like 1

gallery2013_35.jpg

J Wayne Leonard transfer deadline photo, we wish him all the best at his new club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Aye, msc/deadsox, no doubt!

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

So I post my team of 11 on Facebook for those who know I’m demented and accept me anyway lol.  My second cousin (she ran for Mayor of Seattle a couple election cycles back) sees my post and says “You know my friend Bernie [De Koven]???”

I had a near miss with this in 2015 when, shortly after someone mentioned a lock pick on here, a friend brought their illness in conversation, and it turned out not only was the celeb a friend of a friends, but I had actually sat next to her at a party! And not noticed. It's a small world, but anyhow, she died before the bells anyhow...

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah... my bluegrass mystery pick. Funny how that goes. 

Had a laugh when I saw who else had the pick, tbh.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Another vote of confidence Joey! :lol:

You have the exact same route, by complete fluke luck of the draw, that Deadsox had last year. Perhaps its an omen!

On paper, of course. Heef could have something to say about that. And DDT obviously.

11 hours ago, msc said:

Young Willz wins the 50/50 Decider 3-2

-          Bad luck to Engineer. That’s the closest of of the three "shootouts" to date.

Actually I also beat Captain Chorizo 3-2 last year - was Mrs msc watching on again? 

Just now, Grim Up North said:

Actually I also beat Captain Chorizo 3-2 last year - was Mrs msc watching on again? 

I was trying to make him feel better, you! :lol:

And no, she'd gone to bed by that point.

For fairness, I will go to number 12 on my list (ie Sub 1) and it is Bernard Tapie. Which @YoungWillz can confirm for any naysayers out there.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

For fairness, I will go to number 12 on my list (ie Sub 1) and it is Bernard Tapie. Which YWillz can confirm for any naysayers out there.

Nay.

• Haha 3