Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

DeKoven is a "special interest" name. I don't expect an obit during the weekend. But surely next week.

I presume blogs don't count  then.

It's slightly amazing 8 hours later here we sit, but lesson here is don't die on a Sunday morning unless your goal is to fly under the radar.

Just beaten to it by YWillz but yep, it counts. Although I've only just learned that Game Developer stopped in 2013. I remember brushing it aside to nab copies of Gamesmaster.

Anyhow, farewell Bernie, who I am told was the top dog in his particular field. Lots of sad geeks today. You were related to Sir Creep, yet he picks up point on you. He's likely about to present Gcreptile with a big Game Over screen, however. Also scoring, but a Bernie Bro or cousin (or so I presume) is Death Impends, who is now in a 1 point game with 5 days left.

Death Impends vs Heef 9-10

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 6-14

Joey Russ vs Grim Up North 6-6

Phantom of the Midway vs The Dead Cow 10-13

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-4

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

Hosts note - I picked the wrong month to drop De Koven! Deadsox will be cheering that foolishness.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, msc said:

Just beaten to it by YWillz but yep, it counts. Although I've only just learned that Game Developer stopped in 2013. I remember brushing it aside to nab copies of Gamesmaster.

Anyhow, farewell Bernie, who I am told was the top dog in his particular field. Lots of sad geeks today. You were related to Sir Creep, yet he picks up point on you. He's likely about to present Gcreptile with a big Game Over screen, however. Also scoring, but a Bernie Bro or cousin (or so I presume) is Death Impends, who is now in a 1 point game with 5 days left.

Death Impends vs Heef 9-10

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 6-14

Joey Russ vs Grim Up North 6-6

Phantom of the Midway vs The Dead Cow 10-13

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-4

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

Hosts note - I picked the wrong month to drop De Koven! Deadsox will be cheering that foolishness.

Yay!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Not the only person who dropped him in the wrong month. Grim will be happy that I dropped him this month and I don't have an advantage over him at this point and time...

EDIT: I think he was a sub IIRC.

Meanwhile for me the onus is now on Da-Ren or Vento (maybe even Wouk) to croak in the next few days. Still feel like there's not enough time, but then this is two old guys with pan can we're talking about and one's even a centenarian, would anyone be shocked if one of them died tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Meanwhile for me the onus is now on Da-Ren or Vento (maybe even Wouk) to croak in the next few days. Still feel like there's not enough time, but then this is two old guys with pan can we're talking about and one's even a centenarian, would anyone be shocked if one of them died tomorrow?

Foreign sources suggests that Fu Da-Ren went into a three day coma at the beginning of the month (I figured out how to see more updates on him by copying and pasting his Chinese symbols that was mentioned in the English articles from November)...

58 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Not the only person who dropped him in the wrong month. Grim will be happy that I dropped him this month and I don't have an advantage over him at this point and time...

EDIT: I think he was a sub IIRC.

Just to confirm - I'm happy!:D

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Foreign sources suggests that Fu Da-Ren went into a three day coma at the beginning of the month (I figured out how to see more updates on him by copying and pasting his Chinese symbols that was mentioned in the English articles from November)...

.......but there may be trouble ahead........:unsure:

(presumably he went into a coma, was in it for 3 days, then came out of it??)

感谢他妈的 (Joey will translate)

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

.......but there may be trouble ahead........:unsure:

(presumably he went into a coma, was in it for 3 days, then came out of it??)

感谢他妈的 (Joey will translate)

Yes, he’s out of the coma now, but he certainly not out of danger at the moment...

7 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

感谢他妈的 

Well if he's up for playing Mah Jongg he's still got some game.

23 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

For the record this isn't any more a 'news source' than Joey's post.  Remember, it's not me stirring the pot, rather I'm only pointing out what was put in the pot.
SC

On 1/2/2018 at 18:05, msc said:

14.    Qualifying obits? Every single English language newspaper or magazine (ie Bleeding Cool for example) in the universe, or any other source of information in English that the host decides is suitable, at his discretion. Also Le Monde, Le Figaro, Der Spiegel, Die Zeit, El Pais, El Mundo and notable Italian newspapers to be determined. If you still can’t get a QO, well, really…

Rule 14 officially amended as of now. B)

• Like 3

Four days of March left. Haven't bothered compiling a team (not that I'll likely have to change much). Too late for a Bush Sr./Wouk or Shore double? Probably. Think I used up my lucky charms in beating Spade in R1. :(

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:41, Sir Creep said:

BTW just discovered a name for the very near future, and if someone not Cup involved posts it, you're just a selfish petulant arse.  If someone who IS Cup involved posts it, you're just a gdamn dumb arse.
It's a female -- that's all the info you'll get.  She's no Brandon Jenkins.....but seriously, who is?  She's obtuse enough could remain hidden for 12 days yet.  But you people are exceptional and someone will find her.  The onus is on YOU.  You have the power to be sensible, or fall into one of the 'arse' categories above.  What path is your destiny?
SC

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooO!!!!!
:(:evil::rant:

I've seriously NOBODY for the next round.  This was my ringer, hell 1 hit may win.  ARRGHHHH!
If others have good names (I have some for May/June but will have to expose them for April just in case and I haven't anything worth a damn), you're doing better than I.  

Well, in that case, if I was you, I wouldn't even bother to submit a team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tbh, if I make it to the next round, my overall team will look very wild for the most part. I get the feeling it will either do very well or fail miserably. Of course, it wouldn’t matter one bit if Grim gets a hit before the end of the round or if I lose the coin toss if no one else dies...

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Well, in that case, if I was you, I wouldn't even bother to submit a team.

Wishful thinking, huh? 

Roey, you spend 12 hours a day on here, and keep still editing DeKovens wiki. I don't know where you get time to research. I don't have that time but as you're studying, churchgoing and trying to meet females, I can't see how you do it. Kudos.

For my own part, I don't think Sean or I will get a point, so I'll submit a team on the last day. And only 3 changes.

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooO!!!!!
:(:evil::rant:

I've seriously NOBODY for the next round.  This was my ringer, hell 1 hit may win.  ARRGHHHH!
If others have good names (I have some for May/June but will have to expose them for April just in case and I haven't anything worth a damn), you're doing better than I.  

To be honest I have a different experience - I spend about two weeks agonising over my list of 20 people I am sure are about to die and finally submit my 11.

Within a week of the round starting  I have written off any chance of them dying before month end.

With 48 hours left, looks like those excited for a msc-YWillz "derby" (read - only 2 people on the entire forum) will be disappointed. Only 3 teams in so far, and I've just named two of them! Lots of folk presumably expecting a last minute twist somewhere, but where?

Heef has a narrow advantage in the fight to likely face DDT next (sorry Rover), but remember DI got a very very late winner at this stage in 2017. Sir Creep looks all but in the Quarterfinals. There seems to be something about Gcreptile that induces other players to substantially up their game when playing him!  I'd take it as a compliment myself.

Anyhow, 5 of the 8 ties can change winners even now with a single hit. Tightest round in Cup history so far?

• Like 1