Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

23 hours ago, deadsox said:

Don't listen to any criticism msc.  You ran a great tournament last year and are doing just fine.  If folks don't like the way it's run or the rules they can start their own.

I'll keep my suggestion for tie breaks under my hat until next year under the circumstances.

23 hours ago, Heef said:

The eligibility criteria is what keeps me interested in the Cup. msc ftw.

22 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Wasn't having a go msc, I know how tightrope-ish it is criteria wise to go on the Hare's Pool. :(

If you've decided eligibility, who are we? Merely players, who strut and fret....yadadada....

*hugs*

Aye, you're right. Says the slightly calmer head. Don't mind me - I'm a temperamental bastard at the best of times.

OK, away for a few days for some fresh air (read - frightfully busy, also on heavy duty painkillers as I fucked up my shoulder AGAIN!), but shall appear towards the end of the week to award any points that need be. Given that going by today and last August, any time I take a short (work related, not huff! hah) break for a bit results in the Grim Reaper going FUCKING NUTS!

• Like 2

All the best msc.I have ran a lot of deadpools over the last 3 years and it is a thankless task most of the time.Rest assured your efforts are appreciated though.

• Like 1

Whining Bitch imo....

Tripping out his tits, best time to fuck things up.

• Haha 1

Get some good rest msc. You are definitely a great host for this, and I honestly can’t think of anyone who can do this better. 

• Like 1

People fighting about the rules is actually a compliment to the host. Because it means that the host has created a competition that people find attractive and are eager to win.

Not sure if that helps with anything....

Last year, I had a bit of a deadpooling burnout during the Cup. I can only imagine what the host - still in the competition - must feel like.

This year I'm taking a more relaxed approach - to everything.

• Like 4

tbh I intended to sod off for a bit, but told mrs Msc. She thought it was a brilliant idea, which made me change my mind immediately. Hi. Once a contrarian sod, always...

Anyhow...

EDIT - Ed Kennedy points deducted, due to obit painting his DOD as 28th February.

• Like 3

Seems you added his points to the pre-Hannigan scoreboard?

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Seems you added his points to the pre-Hannigan scoreboard?

Nah, I was deducting nearly everyone points for moaning. Including myself.

Err, I mean, fixed. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Dalai Lama said:

I want my cup please.

Here you go. 

BC1DD9F5-3B31-4733-B9B8-488BF9824C49.jpeg

• Like 3

No, allow me.

poisoned-chalice-324x160.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

No, allow me.

poisoned-chalice-324x160.jpg

That's the one TMIB handed over to Spade last Christmas?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dalai Lama said:

I want my cup please.

It's MY cup and if you want it you have to enter and win the tournament.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deadsox said:

It's MY cup and if you want it you have to enter and win the tournament.

Indeed. At least, until somebody beats you. B)

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 21:49, msc said:

Rather than any analysis, just some thoughts on the popular 2018 deadpooling picks:

Anzaki - went from 4 teams in Round 1 to 5 in Round 2.

Bracknell - went from 14 teams in Round 1 to 4 in Round 2! Rover and some dashing chap called msc were the only 2 to keep faith with Brackers. Though an impressive 11/14 people to pick her in Round 1 went out!

Blanco - A Charon unique in Round 1, a Charon unique in Round 2.  Certainly a goner, maybe not this soon? Could be a very smart pick though.

The Bush Couple - Went from 2 teams to 1 team, but the team with each of them in Round 1 kept them. Only this time, Rover and YWillz have unique picks, due to their Round 1 competition leaving the Cup!

Cappotelli - Sean remains the only person so far backing the WWE man not to be tough enough.

De Koven - Went from 3 teams to 2 teams, and that's 5 different teams in total!

Ken Doddery - Still a YWillz solo pick.

Goodwin - Goes from 5 teams to 8 teams.

Hamilton-Byrne - With no Maryport (her champion in these parts), AHB goes from 3 teams in Round 1 to none at all in Round 2.

Jose Jose Jose Jose - Went from 8 teams to 11 of the 16. Is he ill or something?

Jowell - Went from 6 teams to 2, and curiously, was on a bunch of top contenders teams in Round 1, all of whom dropped her for Round 2. Instead, Sean and Chorizo, two entirely different top contenders, have nabbed her, when you'd assume she's a month closer to expiring of brain cancer?

Lynott - Went from 9 teams in Round 1 to only 3 in Round 2. A clear reaction to her looking well (for someone with incurable lung cancer) at a public event in mid-Feb.

McCain - 8 to 5, but with 6/8 eliminated in Round 1. Only me and Rad survived.

Moss - Went from 2 teams to 4. Surprisingly low number imo.

Rae - Went from 6 teams to being a unique pick for msc, somehow, incredibly.

Stefansson - Was on 3 teams in Round 1, all exited the Cup. On 3 teams again, which seems incredibly low given the outlook - would have been on my team if I'd been able to send in a later team!

Vervoort - Goes from 12/22 to 16/16. The most popular pick in Cup history. Going to be a LOL if she now survives the month and makes everyone look foolish!

Vento - From 1 team to 4. As you'd imagine for a centenarian with pancreatic cancer!

Hannigan - The only pick to jump from nowhere. No picks in Round 1. Eleven picks in Round 2. Curious as I've been monitoring her case on and off for years now - almost part of the furniture round these parts like a Vivian Campbell or Daisy Berkow...oh yeah, he died.

It seems as a group of managers we are quite good at this.

Re McCain, Jowell, Stefansson, Bracknell - we all know they are going and soon but how soon and do you dare leave them out.  With only 11 names to pick you have to take some risks. And of course when we selected our round one teams we didn't have everyone else's team sheets to browse for better alternatives.:D

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

It seems as a group of managers we are quite good at this.

Re McCain, Jowell, Stefansson, Bracknell - we all know they are going and soon but how soon and do you dare leave them out.  With only 11 names to pick you have to take some risks. And of course when we selected our round one teams we didn't have everyone else's team sheets to browse for better alternatives.:D

Yeah, and McCain/Jowell could easily be end of the year hits so no good for the Cup. (I've just cursed both...)

Only surprise on that list is Charlotte Rae, tbh.

22 minutes ago, msc said:

Only surprise on that list is Charlotte Rae, tbh.

As one of my higher Windy City survivors that not many other teams have I avoided her to trick her into dying.:P

Meh, I think I chose poorly. Apart from Goodwin, I also didn't pick my Cup longlisters Bernardo Bernardo - and Pearse Lyons, who also just died.

I'll admit part of my thinking process for this round was "which of my Deathrace survivors do I like enough as picks to reuse?"

Ed Kennedy died on February 28th.

Sorry Cow (and DI), but I am tryna win this, ya know.

And don't worry, you'll get your revenge in a few days when my own ultra-obscure hospice dweller Tony Kleese is announced to have died 'last month'.

Kennedy points nullified.

No sub as first notice of death was on the 3rd of the month, and this is now the 10th. That's luck (or not) for you.

• Like 1

Very lucky for you, though, msc, as the timing there means you keep the Rae unique! (she was my second sub)