Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

So DI loses 3 points and then Heef gains 4 in the one day.  Ah, 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, no? Though no need to kill any uncles, now...

Death Impends vs Heef 6-10

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 3-7

Joey Russ vs Grim Up North 6-6

Phantom of the Midway vs The Dead Cow 6-6

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-0

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

To paraphrase Jimmy Greaves (I think), [The Deathlist Cup] its a funny old game.

Nice one Heef. I think you've got it this round. Though I have a few reasonably strong differentials in Vento/Da-Ren/DeKoven, I get the feeling no more than one of them will die this month.

On 3/1/2018 at 13:55, Heef said:

Death Impends (Hannigan, Vervoort, Jose, Goodwin, Anzaki, Da-Ren, Kennedy E, Wouk, Vento, DeKoven, Moss)

Vs Heef (Stefansson, Vervoort, Goodwin, Hannigan, Carroll B, Grant W, Reid JR, Bracknell, Anzaki, Nash D, Verhousky)

Reds are unique (4 pointers), bolds are joint picks and strikethroughs have left the field of play.

So, as things stand, DI now needs two hits to go past me as I don't think there's any unique picks there.

However, I'm really not sure what my team's prospects are from here. Vervoort and Anzaki are irrelevant. Carroll is possibly the worst pick in the round - she's fighting fit and able. I kind of get the feeling that Reid is in the same bucket. Not a chance. Stefansson and Bracknell are definitely ill, but I'd say okay for the foreseeable future.  Nash has been in hospice care for 2 years. Hard to know where he stands. Verhousky was a late ring-in, and I think - given his health issues - he'll be around for a while yet.

As for DI's team, I deliberately didn't pick Jose as I don't think he's as ill as thought. Mind you, he is ill, so could happen. Not sure if there's anything to suggest Wouk is more likely to go in March than any other month in the last few years. Da-Ren and Vento look more likely than any of my remaining picks, but I think Moss will last the month.

Still, not even at the half time mark. There's all to play for, and I get the feeling DI will be looking to hit hard on the counter.

It’s My cup bitch.

Dalai Lama Tenzin.

^

• Like 1

Tears for souvenirs are all he's left us. Yes, the great Ken Dead has doddered off, and as his only appreciator under the age of 70 I am not tickled by this news. Six weeks in ICU with pneumonia was always going to be a tough ask for a 90 year old, and yet, it's YWillz who kept the faith and YWillz alone. He moves into a 4-0 lead on Cap'n Chorizo - upset on the way? Indeed he's probably thinking: happiness, happiness, the greatest gift...

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 3-7

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-4

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

• Like 4

First hit in the whole of the history of the Cup.

Kind of leaves my strike force depleted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

First hit in the whole of the history of the Cup.

Kind of leaves my strike force depleted.

Well done Y-Dub!  

Once saw Ken Dodd do a show at the Brentwood Centre. I think his opening gag was to suggest that if anyone had paid for parking of less than 3 hours was in for trouble. He'd locked the doors and had dangerous dogs patrolling the perimeter and no one could escape until he was done. I think he did a four hour shift (though my memory could be playing tricks)

the Diddymen were always creepy little bastards though.

Me and Charon still at 0-0 haha.

• Thanks 1

It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big.

Well Joey - not really what I wanted Robbie Rotten to be writing on his Twitter feed. I'm hoping he means relatively soon (like at least April).

Sir Creep's pick Tom Benson has died:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921561/article/new-orleans-saints-owner-tom-benson-dies-at-90

Doesn't change THAT much because I needed two hits already before his death, because of Brandon Jenkins' age.

My most likely hits (in my opinion) are Mansoor Ahmed and Arthur Tafoya. These two would still beat Sir Creep's two hits based on age. (Mansoor Ahmed and Satoru Anzaki as well).

Still, I also expected one out of Bob Dole and Herman Wouk to die this month. The possibility to win through them, is gone by now. 

• Sad 1

Sympathies with Sir Creep then, as he's mentioned he was a fan. New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson wont be marching on anymore.

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 3-11

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-4

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Sir Creep's pick Tom Benson has died:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921561/article/new-orleans-saints-owner-tom-benson-dies-at-90

Doesn't change THAT much because I needed two hits already before his death, because of Brandon Jenkins' age.

My most likely hits (in my opinion) are Mansoor Ahmed and Arthur Tafoya. These two would still beat Sir Creep's two hits based on age. (Mansoor Ahmed and Satoru Anzaki as well).

Still, I also expected one out of Bob Dole and Herman Wouk to die this month. The possibility to win through them, is gone by now. 

Tafoya and Anzaki aren't uniques though, while Benson is, meaning you'd need three hits out of the names you mentioned now.

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Tafoya and Anzaki aren't uniques though, while Benson is, meaning you'd need three hits out of the names you mentioned now.

Damn, I didn't realize Tafoya was not unique. Ok, then it's looking grim (but seriously, I shouldn't expect to win based on one hit alone).

I think Armand Bolduc was a bad pick, for this month.

Meanwhile, mine and Grim’s rematch is still quite close at 6 - 6 currently. I think for me, my best bets to break the tie are Stefansson and Da-Ren while Grim’s best bet are Obayashi and Ted Mack. But knowing my luck, it’ll be one of the latter who will break the tie and not the former...

Well I’m learning of Mr Benson’s demise as I read through these posts.  RIP to my team’s owner and filthiest richest man in Louisiana.  I feel like I played a role and I beg forgiveness.  Otoh I win rookie of the year Cup 2018.

SC

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Damn, I didn't realize Tafoya was not unique. Ok, then it's looking grim (but seriously, I shouldn't expect to win based on one hit alone).

I think Armand Bolduc was a bad pick, for this month.

I almost picked (and preferred) Wouk, I have a feeling he’s a hit.  That selling the home thing rings loudly in SirCreepLand.

SC

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Meanwhile, mine and Grim’s rematch is still quite close at 6 - 6 currently. I think for me, my best bets to break the tie are Stefansson and Da-Ren while Grim’s best bet are Obayashi and Ted Mack. But knowing my luck, it’ll be one of the latter who will break the tie and not the former...

I'd take a coin toss at this stage.

Starting to wonder if me and Charon are destined for a nil nil draw.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Starting to wonder if me and Charon are destined for a nil nil draw.

Between that and Joey/Grim, more matches FOR ME TO RIG!

Wait, no.

:D

On 1/2/2018 at 18:05, msc said:

2nd tiebreak = average age of hits

msc - is this based on simply their age in years or their date of birth?

I ask because in simple age terms - Fu Da Ren = Ted Mack

Also P Overton + Obayashi = Stefannson + McCain

So hence Fu Da Ren + Stefannson + McCain = Ted Mack + P Overton + Obayashi

As it is unlikely to actually happen I have not worked out the DOBs to calculate who actually wins if it is decided by DOBs.

9 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

msc - is this based on simply their age in years or their date of birth?

I ask because in simple age terms - Fu Da Ren = Ted Mack

Also P Overton + Obayashi = Stefannson + McCain

So hence Fu Da Ren + Stefannson + McCain = Ted Mack + P Overton + Obayashi

As it is unlikely to actually happen I have not worked out the DOBs to calculate who actually wins if it is decided by DOBs.

Just their actual age in years.

DOBs is Shaun's game.

If that is equal - which has never happened before - we go onto the Coin Toss.

• Thanks 1