Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

 

Racism imho

 

Lol. Nice troll attempt Spade :D

 

Light brown Columbians, or yellow japs or two in the morning Senegal.

 

Nah.

 

Though I've no doubt some fucktards will put that forward as a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, charon said:

And I'm sure I posted afore re contrived results.

 

There was an Irish League team in the 90's I think, that on the last day of the season, if they'd drawn or won, would have saw them relegated.

  

It was a 2 year average thing to decide placings, and surprise, they lost.

 

The best one is Barbados v Grenada. Barbados scoring an own goal in the 89th minute to take it to extra time so they could score another goal which was worth 2 goals and meant they won 4-2, as they needed a two goal margin of victory to get through.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2018 at 19:11, Paul Bearer said:

1938 Germany fail to qualify for the next round, pick a fight with Poland. Didn't end well.

 

2018 Germany fail to qualify for the next round................

But 1938 did end well- less killer apes in 1945

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Russian dominants of half of Europe was not all that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japan are the only non European or Central/South American team left in.

 

Considering some of the awful teams that have been at this World Cup are they really suggesting 48 teams in future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Japan are the only non European or Central/South American team left in.

 

Considering some of the awful teams that have been at this World Cup are they really suggesting 48 teams in future?

Bring it on. England might win a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Bring it on. England might win a few.

16 more teams to potentially beat England, sounds great!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

16 more teams to potentially beat England, sounds great!

Hadrian was an idiot. No wall ever going to be high enough. I support you lot you know, Like a second son. Do you reciprocate? Can't even spell it.

We should only allow another Scot on this board when one leaves...

 

50 million English or something, 5 million Scots, and all of them on here.

 

Now I'm gonna get killed by msc,  charon, willz (young AND old) and by this toilet cleaner bloke bleach.

So it goes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What surprised me was the lack of analysis by the England supporters on here to their defeat.

 

I felt Southgate gave his players a run-out to see how they would perform, pressure off, yada,yada. Which is fair enough...you'd rather Rashford screwed up in this game than later...and boy did he deliver those screw-ups! Despite Lineker and Co's comments, I thought Pickford was ok in goal..he was never stopping a world class strike and the team played well enough.

 

Belgium looked more confident though imo and were better on the ball. Fair result.

 

I'd rather England were facing Japan...as sadly Columbia are one of my picks to win the whole thing (heal, James Rodriguez, heal!) along with Switzerland and Croatia. Mexico too if they perform better than they did in that last game.

 

Just my tuppence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll do analysis if you like :) and I know nothing about football, only watch once every 2/4 years.

England B isn't up to Belgium B. Politics suggests he had to play them. Now he can tell them to sod off because they were crap, sit on the bench - go on when we tell you.

 

We won't win it all, and for once the expectation has been curbed (at least until now).

 

Put the A team out on Tuesday and we may do ok against Colombia. Further that that? Unlikely aside from the fact that nobody bar Brazil (who started shakily themselves) really looks to be in another league.

 

England A is 11 or 12 players (clearly from today when we go outside that, its not there yet), there are better teams out there, but none I've see so far we couldn't beat on the day. Will we win? No. But effort over expectation will do for me.

 

As to why no analysis? Don't know.

But i'll put my head over the parapet, as if my previous post didn't.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, En Passant said:

Hadrian was an idiot. No wall ever going to be high enough. I support you lot you know, Like a second son. Do you reciprocate? Can't even spell it.

We should only allow another Scot on this board when one leaves...

 

50 million English or something, 5 million Scots, and all of them on here.

 

Not only that, but we've managed to get a Celtic fan, a Clyde fan (!!) and 2 Thistle fans, too. Barring Queens Park, the only 2 of the Glasgow clubs no to have any fans on here are the old Rangers and 2012 new Rangers. Probably feart of charon.

 

 

8 hours ago, En Passant said:

I'll do analysis if you like :) and I know nothing about football, only watch once every 2/4 years.

England B isn't up to Belgium B. Politics suggests he had to play them. Now he can tell them to sod off because they were crap, sit on the bench - go on when we tell you.

 

We won't win it all, and for once the expectation has been curbed (at least until now).

 

Put the A team out on Tuesday and we may do ok against Colombia. Further that that? Unlikely aside from the fact that nobody bar Brazil (who started shakily themselves) really looks to be in another league.

 

England A is 11 or 12 players (clearly from today when we go outside that, its not there yet), there are better teams out there, but none I've see so far we couldn't beat on the day. Will we win? No. But effort over expectation will do for me.

 

As to why no analysis? Don't know.

But i'll put my head over the parapet, as if my previous post didn't.

 

 

I'll tell you why he put out the reserves. Because with a win or draw, England took on Japan then Brazil and Argentina/France/Portugal.

With a loss, they take on Colombia, then one of Switzerland or Sweden.

 

Now it's England, who are right shit at knock out football (3 wins in the last 13 tournaments, 6 in 26 since 1966!) so they probably wont do anything with it, but that's a gift horse of a draw that you'd expect any top nation to wheeze through. Colombia are tougher than Japan (and England, likely - def start as faves) but, barring murdering the useless Poles, haven't looked that good so far.

 

You know, like drawing Iceland at the Euros, as France showed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Deathray said:

Absolutely disgraceful from Japan.

 

“I’m not too happy about this but I forced my players to do what I said. We did not go for victory, but we just relied on the other match. I view that it was slightly regrettable but I suppose at that point that I didn’t have any other plans." - Japan manager.

 

Funny in a way that they went through on the Fair Play Rule, for giving up, when Senegal have been ousted for essentially trying to win the games.

 

No idea why Poland played along. As if they felt that was the only way they'd get a World Cup win. Wont be missed. No offence, Rad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately for GS when they lose to Colombia then this World Cup will go from giddy excitement to miserable post mortem.

 

The glorious victories over Tunisia and Panama will become a scrape through and a victory over worst team in tournament (which they were) followed by two defeats (no better than usual).

 

In other words if they don't beat Colombia then this tournament has been just as bad as all the other recent ones and this glorification of how the England team has changed forever and the wonderful things that have made this happen will all go up in a puff of smoke and embarrassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the boycott ridden 1966 farce let's look at the knockout record of The Shire.

 

1970

 

Shire 2-3 West Germany  AET
2 up and shat it. :)

 

 

1986

Shire 3-0 Paraguay , yes they have a football team.

Shire 1-2 Diego , whoop fucking Hand of God whoop. :)

 

1990

Shire 1-0 Belgium AET

Bawhair away from penalties afore Platt fluked one.

Shire 3-2 Cameroon AET

2 penalties scraped a come from behind shock.

Shire 0-0 Germany AET

Out on penalties :)

 

1998

Shire 2-2 Argentina AET

Out on penalties :)

 

 

2002

Shire 3-0 Denmark

Shire 1-2 Brazil

Seamen :)

 

2006

Shire 1-0 Ecuador , yes they are a country.

Shire 0-0 Portugal AET

Out on penalties :)

 

2010

Shire 1-4 Germany

Unlucky lampard , over the line my arse :)

 

 

So they have beaten Paraguay, Denmark and Ecuador in 90 minutes in 52 years.

 

6 of the 12 went to extra time.

 

Red neck or whit :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, En Passant said:

50 million English or something, 5 million Scots, and all of them on here.

 

Now I'm gonna get killed by msc,  charon, willz (young AND old) and by this toilet cleaner bloke bleach.

So it goes.

 

You forgot me. :P

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, msc said:

 

Not only that, but we've managed to get... a Clyde fan (!!)

 

12 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

 

You forgot me. :P

 

 

^ I didn't, though!

 

:P

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So at this years tournament the qualifying teams were

 

AFC- 5 teams (actual allocation 4.5)

CAF - 5 teams (actual allocation 5)

CONCACAF - 3 teams (actual allocation 3.5)

CONMEBOL - 5 teams (actually allocation 4.5)

OFC - 0 teams (actually allocation 0.5)

UEFA - 13 (actual allocation 13) 

Host Slots: 1

 

2 of the above slots were decided by play-offs.

 

at the 2026 World Cup

AFC - 8 teams

CAF - 9 teams

CONCACAF - 6 teams

CONMEBOL - 6 teams

OFC - 1 team

UEFA - 16 teams

Play-offs - 2 teams

 

Going by next best teams, here's some of the teams that could have been at this year's world cup. I've ignored play-offs cos I'm too lazy

  1. AFC Extra Slot 1: Syria
  2. AFC Extra Slot 2:  Uzbekistan
  3. AFC Extra Slot 3:  United Arab Emirates
  4. CAF Extra Slot 1: DR Congo
  5. CAF Extra Slot 2: Zambia
  6. CAF Extra Slot 3: Ivory Coast
  7. CAF Extra Slot 4: Burkino Faso 
  8. CAF Extra Slot 5: Uganda
  9. CONCACAF Extra Slot 1: United States
  10. CONCACAF Exta Slot 2: Trinidad and Tobago
  11. CONCACAF Extra Slot 3: Guatemala
  12. CONMEBOL Extra Slot: Chile
  13. OFC Extra Slot: New Zealand
  14. UEFA Extra Slot:  Italy
  15. UEFA Extra Slot:  Greece
  16. UEFA Extra Slot: Northern Ireland

 

And you thought Panama were shit....

 

And Scotland and Wales still wouldn't have qualified....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

 

Deathers wants to guess at the % of teams eligible to try for England in 66 that said 'fuck off' ?

 

On you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

 

Deathers wants to guess at the % of teams eligible to try for England in 66 that said 'fuck off' ?

 

On you go.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charon said:

Since the boycott ridden 1966 farce let's look at the knockout record of The Shire.

 

1970

 

Shire 2-3 West Germany  AET
2 up and shat it. :)

 

 

1986

Shire 3-0 Paraguay , yes they have a football team.

Shire 1-2 Diego , whoop fucking Hand of God whoop. :)

 

1990

Shire 1-0 Belgium AET

Bawhair away from penalties afore Platt fluked one.

Shire 3-2 Cameroon AET

2 penalties scraped a come from behind shock.

Shire 0-0 Germany AET

Out on penalties :)

 

1998

Shire 2-2 Argentina AET

Out on penalties :)

 

 

2002

Shire 3-0 Denmark

Shire 1-2 Brazil

Seamen :)

 

2006

Shire 1-0 Ecuador , yes they are a country.

Shire 0-0 Portugal AET

Out on penalties :)

 

2010

Shire 1-4 Germany

Unlucky lampard , over the line my arse :)

 

 

So they have beaten Paraguay, Denmark and Ecuador in 90 minutes in 52 years.

 

6 of the 12 went to extra time.

 

Red neck or whit :)

 

 

Ok, ok...

Lets look at Jockland.

8 World Cups, never got out of the group stages and have won a total of FOUR games.

Aye, smaller population and all that, but so has Croatia and Denmark who are fucking light years ahead.

England have been shit but Scotland have been much funnier, Im thinking Allys Tartan Army of 78, funny as fuck that was.:lol:

Admit it Chaz, I've got a point:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, charon said:

Lol

 

Deathers wants to guess at the % of teams eligible to try for England in 66 that said 'fuck off' ?

  

On you go.

 

Thirty one teams eligible to qualify from Africa for a total of 0 places and a place in the play-offs said fuck off. I.e 1 team was missing. It meant diddly squat as no African team threatened to win any tournament in that era by a long chalk, stop trying to discredit a fair win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

1990

Shire 1-0 Belgium AET

Bawhair away from penalties afore Platt fluked one.

Shire 3-2 Cameroon AET

2 penalties scraped a come from behind shock.

Shire 0-0 Germany AET

Out on penalties :)

 

 

1-1 surely? Lineker for the Shire after that Parker deflection for the Germans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

2006

Shire 1-0 Ecuador , yes they are a country.

Shire 0-0 Portugal AET

Out on penalties :)

 

And for a bonus point Shire lost shootout pathetically 3-1 - who was only scorer for England? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

 

1-1 surely? Lineker for the Shire after that Parker deflection for the Germans? 

Well, I never said it but never interrupt Charon while he is on a mission! :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use