Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good grief no, tease away. Merely replying in kind (or thought I was).

 

And no, I find all that really really irritating too.

However...they have to say something. If I put myself in their shoes you'd be subjected to 90 minutes of silence or at most 'yeah that wasn't bad' or 'good grief ref get a grip' once every 10 minutes.

Commentating is an easy job to knock, and I'd imagine an extraordinarily hard one to do.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont they just follow the ball with their eyes and report where it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to run a viewership record for the England games. Pretty huge audience last night. 

 

Group Match 1: Peak 18.3m  / Average 16.8m  / Streams: 3m /

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an outsider to football, the red card doesn't mean anything. I blame Colombia's defeat on a critical lack of Shakira.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/18/2018 at 19:53, YoungWillz said:

Ahhh, I'd forgotten how racist biased English Commentators are...ha! Calling a bunch of workshy thickos "intelligent" and "clever"...

 

Not only that but the supporters bash out "Rule Britannia" like it's a solely English number.

 

Nevertheless, it is a storming performance by England against Tunisia so far, have to applaud them for their ability....not only in playing football but living up to their "Englishman abroad" tag by elbowing a foreigner in the face....:lol:

 

 

 

Rule Britannia is solely an English number.....

 

 

 

Also love the way the commentators call every 'english' Mohammed 'Mo' to make them non Muslim.

 

Pretty much as Scots do with Maurice to make them less homosexual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double post.....

 

A delete option be handy DI.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

As an outsider to football, the red card doesn't mean anything. I blame Colombia's defeat on a critical lack of Shakira.

 

 

Fucking hell.

 

She's married to Pique.

 

 

Never knew that, her sons will play for Spain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course Poland loses to Senegal. :rant:

 

My dad was right...

 

This should've been expected. The overpaid cunts didn't even try... they're treating the World Cup as a relaxing vacation from their club careers.

 

Whatever happened to making your country proud?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99.6% of Iceland's TV viewers watched their Argentina match, 60% of total population. Presume the other 40% are in Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Of course Poland loses to Senegal. :rant:

 

My dad was right...

 

This should've been expected. The overpaid cunts didn't even try... they're treating the World Cup as a relaxing vacation from their club careers.

 

Whatever happened to making your country proud?

 

Actually they lost because I got them in work sweep.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deathray said:

99.6% of Iceland's TV viewers watched their Argentina match, 60% of total population. Presume the other 40% are in Russia.

Or could be that only 61% of Icelandic households have a TV.   The other 39% live on boats moored to the dock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAR is wonderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite clearly, Mexico have the most handsome team.

 

And I am unanimous in that. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huns have never lost back to back games.

 

Thank fuck.

 

On Germany -1 (doubled with Belgium-1)

 

 

Mon the Reich .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2018 at 13:53, Sir Creep said:

Or could be that only 61% of Icelandic households have a TV.   The other 39% live on boats moored to the dock.

 

Why wid that stop a TV?

 

 

I don't have one for over ten years, and I  want to buy a boat to end my days in.

 

Might have a TV, might not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrrrrrrrrrgh.

 

R5 has a whining bitch as main commentator.

 

 

Whit the actual fuck?

 

 

Why wummin commentate on proper sports?

 

 

Unreal, £500 on the line and I'm switching off.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, charon said:

Arrrrrrrrrrgh.

 

R5 has a whining bitch as main commentator.

 

 

Whit the actual fuck?

 

 

Why wummin commentate on proper sports?

 

 

Unreal, £500 on the line and I'm switching off.

 

It's the 21st century mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

It's the 21st century mate. 

Not in some parts of Scotland it isn't.

In some parts it is currently 1623AD:)

Wicker-Main.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Serbia have lodged complaints against the Swiss (e.g. Kosovan Flag on Shaqiri's boot) and FIFA (German ref where the Swiss have a large German speaking population).

 

Tbh, I think Sweden are on firmer ground with that refusal to at least review the penalty shout against Germany.

 

Oh, England have scored. Let's hope they can escape from that really tough group they have....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twice now.

 

I on the other hand is having a lovely afternoon with a Dan Jones Box Set on the War of the Roses from Channel 5.

 

Well it’s one battle England will win at anyway ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-0 at half time. How often can you say that at an England match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how much you stutter I'd imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England looking for 5-0 at the cricket too, but just after h/t they are 27/4.


And that after scutching the Aussies out in 35 overs.


Yes, I couldn't be fucked listening to the fitba and chose the cricket :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can actually bear to watch this lot.  They seem like a nice bunch of lads, and not overpaid workshy prima donnas for a change.  They all sing the National Anthem unlike some of the little shits that have worn an England shirt.  I always liked Gareth Southgate, unglamorous hard-working player, he knows what it's all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toast said:

I can actually bear to watch this lot.  They seem like a nice bunch of lads, and not overpaid workshy prima donnas for a change.  They all sing the National Anthem unlike some of the little shits that have worn an England shirt.  I always liked Gareth Southgate, unglamorous hard-working player, he knows what it's all about.

Don't the team normally release a World Cup song, or has that tradition died out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use