maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2019

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

@maryportfuncity

I think @Sean's username change has passed you by.

You've got Shaun of the Dead (written as "Sean of the Dead" with a lot of folk who died in January) on the masterlist and @Sean on the masterlist. They're the same person.

Absolutely sure you didn't send mpfc a January team sean? because if you did like me you'll have to stand by that.

Reet

So the deal is I DID have TWO teams in January and they're in. I put them into the masterlist at that point and left it. The PMs that sent them have been deleted because the PMs that populated the current list pushed my message space to 100% so I had to keep deleting to keep talking to the incoming entries. I've got a master file with all the teams entered Nov/Dec ripped and pasted. I guess if a mod could restore lost messages from January we could sort it.

7 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Stewards enquiry finds that Sean did indeed enter a team in January, in which case in the interests of fairness surely that should be his only team in the competition and the one he entered in December disregarded? 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Yeah, I'm seeing your point here so I do have the current team. Just knocking off here but I'm assuming tomorrow's to do list includes removing the team below. If a mod is looking in it might be useful - if possible - to restore my PMs from January so's I can share the teams then entered in the interests of keeping this transparent. Tbh as other dead pool compilers will tell you, there's a point it's all data to the extent you can miss one poster using two names in one year.

Sean

1)Kathleen Blanco Joker

2)Simon Ricketts

3)Tim Conway

4)Jordan Dawes

5)Steffan Lewis

6)Barry Du Bois

7)Rex Garrod

8)Jeanne Little

9)John Hume

10)Olivia Newton John

11)Johnny Clegg

12)Denis Goldberg

13)Nobby Stiles

14)Beth Chapman

15)Leah Bracknell

16) Paul Dewar

17)Fernando Ricksen

18)John Andretti

19)Manohar Parrikar

20)John "Cocksy" Cocks

Subs:

1)Marieke Vervoot

2)George Alagiah

2017 - Deathrow-gate

2018- Caswillow-gate

2019 - Sean-gate

This race's got more annual controversy than the infamous Ben Johnson 100m final!:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

What was the precieved benefit of picking teams an year ago?

They didn't say, they just submitted them

3 minutes ago, msc said:

2017 - Deathrow-gate

2018- Caswillow-gate

2019 - Sean-gate

This race's got more annual controversy than the infamous Ben Johnson 100m final!:lol:

Hell yeah!

C'mon HPDP - get yer ass in gear and match the flying Deathrace shit.

In other news I'm not aware of any masterlist fatality since Khan - put me right if I've missed some rural cancer mum, or summat

44 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Reet

So the deal is I DID have TWO teams in January and they're in. I put them into the masterlist at that point and left it. The PMs that sent them have been deleted because the PMs that populated the current list pushed my message space to 100% so I had to keep deleting to keep talking to the incoming entries. I've got a master file with all the teams entered Nov/Dec ripped and pasted. I guess if a mod could restore lost messages from January we could sort it.

Regards, your post above (top of this page not quoted), I totally understand and sympathise this is just one of those things that happens when cunts like me and Sean do stupid stuff like submit a team on the 6th January or whenever it was.. This is absolutely not your doing maryport, it's mine and Seans for being way too eager to jump the gun. Bizarelly I have my PM from Jan still kicking about, but it's not my team that's the issue unfortunately. And changes of username are a PITA for any deadpool runner even in normal circumstances, don't fucking do it if you regularly play deadpools; on behalf of all of us who run them. 

Don't think you even need to do that between the team Sean entered in January and his more recent entry you could cobble a team together for him, substituting top of the table on his new list for the dead folk from his January list? 

As one of those partially to blame for this situation I've done most of the work for you if the solution above is ameniable.

Survivors from Jan team in black, dead folk in red, new additions from December team in purple (excluding those who were on the Jan list. Remove sn from the masterlist and instate the purple folk  for sd and it should be alright.

1. Paul Alcock
  2. Kathryn Blanco
  3. Leah Bracknell
  4. Johnny Clegg
  5. Kirk Douglas
  6. George Fernandes
  7. Mark Gastineu
  8. Billy Graham
  9. Mazie Hirono
  10. Charles K Kao
  11. Steffan Lewis
  12. Vera Lynn
  13. John McCain
  14. Roberta McCain
  15. Sheila Mercier
  16. Liam Miller (presumably the footballer who died in February but is alive on masterlist)
  17. Stirling Moss
  18. Martin Peters
  19. Leslie Philips
  20. Fernando Ricksen
  21. Mark E Smith
  22. Nobby Stiles
  23. TotalBiscuit
  24. Morgan Tsvangairi
  25. Marieke Vervoot
  26. Ray Wilson
  27. Simon Ricketts
  28. Tim Conway
  29. Jordan Dawes

That brings him up to a round 20 once you boot out the dead folk, if you still need subs after that then obviously:

1. Barry Du Bois
  2. Rex Garrod
  3. Jean Little

Er, Steffan Lewis isn’t dead DR

EDIT: Oh wait, I think you meant Charles K Kao

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Er, Steffan Lewis isn’t dead DR

EDIT: Oh wait, I think you meant Charles K Kao

Misplaced red-line. Should all be correct now, and seems about the only reasonable solution to such a ridiculous situation. 

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Regards, your post above (top of this page not quoted), I totally understand and sympathise this is just one of those things that happens when cunts like me and Sean do stupid stuff like submit a team on the 6th January or whenever it was.. This is absolutely not your doing maryport, it's mine and Seans for being way too eager to jump the gun. Bizarelly I have my PM from Jan still kicking about, but it's not my team that's the issue unfortunately. And changes of username are a PITA for any deadpool runner even in normal circumstances, don't fucking do it if you regularly play deadpools; on behalf of all of us who run them. 

Don't think you even need to do that between the team Sean entered in January and his more recent entry you could cobble a team together for him, substituting top of the table on his new list for the dead folk from his January list? 

As one of those partially to blame for this situation I've done most of the work for you if the solution above is ameniable.

Survivors from Jan team in black, dead folk in red, new additions from December team in purple (excluding those who were on the Jan list. Remove sn from the masterlist and instate the purple folk  for sd and it should be alright.

1. Paul Alcock
  2. Kathryn Blanco
  3. Leah Bracknell
  4. Johnny Clegg
  5. Kirk Douglas
  6. George Fernandes
  7. Mark Gastineu
  8. Billy Graham
  9. Mazie Hirono
  10. Charles K Kao
  11. Steffan Lewis
  12. Vera Lynn
  13. John McCain
  14. Roberta McCain
  15. Sheila Mercier
  16. Liam Miller (presumably the footballer who died in February)
  17. Stirling Moss
  18. Martin Peters
  19. Leslie Philips
  20. Fernando Ricksen
  21. Mark E Smith
  22. Nobby Stiles
  23. TotalBiscuit
  24. Morgan Tsvangairi
  25. Marieke Vervoot
  26. Ray Wilson
  27. Simon Ricketts
  28. Tim Conway
  29. Jordan Dawes
  30. Steffan Lewis

That brings him up to a round 20 once you boot out the dead folk, if you still need subs after that then obviously:

1. Barry Du Bois
  2. Rex Garrod
  3. Jean Little

Cheers dude

On it in the morning because I truly am knocking off now. I look forward to a quiet pint with yourself and Sean at any DLCon this year

33 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

They didn't say, they just submitted them

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

What was the precieved benefit of picking teams an year ago?

In the interest of justifying the insanity, at least on my part the idea was that if they were known to be likely to die in January and still around in January the next year they'd be pretty good bets to cark it by then, as the clock must surely be running out at that point  For maryports sanity I'll run the same experiment in a notepad document this year  :lol:That remains to be tested.

There was also the morbid curiousity of seeing how many picks actually made it to the starting line - which Sean expressed in the thread. That one we can answer.

I submitted 20 + 10 subs, so 30 names in total and it appears 20 of them made the starting gun. 

Sean submitted 20 +  6 subs (going by above), so 26 names in total, and it appears 17 of them made the starting gun.

I'm not sure what to make of that beyond I at least am a shit dead-pooler. 

So that's why there were so many dead people on the masterlist.I was like who picked stefan karl stefansson, G bush sr and mark E Smith surely people know they're dead.

• Haha 1

Apologies for unintentionally causing havoc.

• Like 1

@maryportfuncity   Here is my list of names posted publicly to assist you incase there is any confusion

Ruthie Tompson

Robert Fyfe {JOKER}

Vera Lynn

Bob Dole

Earl Cameron

Kathleen Blanco

Jacques Chirac

Nobby Stiles

Florence Knoll

Sumner Redstone

Norman lloyd

Julie Gibson

John Hume

George Mendonsa

Johnny Johnson (One of the last Dambusters}

Bobby Tambling

Luke Halpin

Jack Lyon {One of last of the great escape}

Kenneth Cope

Peter Sutcliffe

All the best hope it helps !

Tyler Trent is a hit for many here. I mantain an abundant one-point lead.

8 hours ago, the_engineer said:

So that's why there were so many dead people on the masterlist.I was like who picked stefan karl stefansson, G bush sr and mark E Smith surely people know they're dead.

I wouldn't be so certain, you're talking about someone who submitted Ayn Rand to the 2019 DDP here...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drol said:

TWO points actually - The RHME is a generous 366

2 Jan, the game's on fire

And let's have a look at the old Scoreboard!

Drol- 732

Maryportfuncity - 730

Phantom of the Midway - 730

Sir Creep - 730

Devon Death Trip - 728

Death Impends - 366

GC Reptile - 366

Phantom of the Midway - 366

Grim up North - 364

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

TWO points actually - The RHME is a generous 366

2 Jan, the game's on fire

And let's have a look at the old Scoreboard!

Drol- 732

Maryportfuncity - 730

Phantom of the Midway - 730

Sir Creep - 730

Devon Death Trip - 728

Death Impends - 366

GC Reptile - 366

Phantom of the Midway - 366

Grim up North - 364

Mary - you have Phantom on there twice - the 366 entry needs removed - cheers.

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Mary - you have Phantom on there twice - the 366 entry needs removed - cheers.

Yeah, was on that as you posted - I'm thinking there's a holy man with a lot of picks riding on his skinny butt about to inject that list with more action.

Seriously, we could be done by the end of the month, no bother

"Raise your hand if Maryport forgot you were Clorox's joker"

C5p4gT3U8AEQ2ia.jpg.c4054904a71830f084a339f700fcc274.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The live ones on the list - Blanco-Vervoot - leave him one short (because Ricketts was dead before kick off) so Du Bois stays in play and we're done

16 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

"Raise your hand if Maryport forgot you were Clorox's joker"

C5p4gT3U8AEQ2ia.jpg.c4054904a71830f084a339f700fcc274.jpg

Aye, sorted now - if he's really as sick as we're led to believe he's a points bonanza incl. FOUR jokers (you and me included)

Sri Sri Sri Shivakumara Swamiji – ba, cb*, cc, di, dl, fb, gr*,qr, jr, mp*,ms*, ph, sc, te, to

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, drol said:

That's fucking shocking.  Didn't think he was unique, but thought damn near.

K8yle8 C8ll8cher (now McCole) has stopped treatment and is planning her funeral - still think that puts her a long way behind Sri Sri Sri (who I don't have for some insane reason that I can't even begin to think of) in the queue to leave the planet.

1864379029_Screenshot2019-01-03at20_08_08.thumb.png.14e0c06f93d3b59d4e75ad7701ffcc41.png